ADVERTISEMENT

Lax vs Army

This is now getting seriously embarrassing 11-1. No fight at all and looks like they've decided to pack it in and are ready for the bus ride home.

Neither team they played is anywhere near as athletic as the Army midfield
Even so. We are missing goals we should have. Shooting has been terrible and the lack of movement is evident.

Army as going to score. The fact we aren’t is shocking. Team is lost. We can’t even pick up simple groundballs at this point.

Cali, we've had this discussion before, Army D makes you look bad. I am surprised by their offense.
I’m not. I’m surprised their D is making us look this bad. This is a new group for them. We have weapons.

Their goalie is the best player in the field.

Rhey have held us to two goals through three quarters. That’s absolutely shocking.

I’m not. I’m surprised their D is making us look this bad. This is a new group for them. We have weapons.

Their goalie is the best player in the field.

Rhey have held us to two goals through three quarters. That’s absolutely shocking.

2 goals is pathetic...no matter who is in the net...even Godzilla lol

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
It’s the same song and dance with this program every year. It’s time to consider its gone as high as it can go under Brecht.

We are getting embarrassed in every phase of the game. I haven’t seen this since we played Duke with half a team.

This is on the offense. Scoring 2 goals with this team is unacceptable.

Horrible day for the B1G overall.

Wtf is this. That’s embarrassing.
There is far too much talent and experience on O for this to happen. Embarrassing, pathetic, and sad that we’ve had the same problems for the last 3-4 years. I’ll be at maybe two games this year. The Cuse game two years ago was a lot of fun because we were good. Right now it’s not worth making the drive to go to a game like that. Seriously, you can’t play this bad. 15-2. That’s called quitting. I don’t like to throw that word around. But seriously, the only way to be down that big with this much talent is by quitting.

Reactions: Rutgers56
I have always been supportive of Brecht but this is getting old. Has he ever won a big game?
To be fair, he has. What has hurt us most are early losses like this and losses to Princeton which puts us in a position to where a game against Maryland becomes a must win to override a bad loss

Our offense needs a lot of work, which is shocking to say. Faceoffs were terrible but we were winning some at the start. It's demoralizing to see your offense get manhandled like that. We started missing easy shots and their goalie is the best I have seen so far this year.

Even so, there is no excuse. I can handle losing this game, but not like that. If you stop our transition offense, which Army was really good at, we have nothing, which is crazy to think. Our middies can shoot, but they don't get separation against good middie defenders like Army has.

Army is now a terrible match up, but you have to be able to produce something in 6 on 6 with our talent level. Other teams want to run like us but the book is out. Stop the break force the settled offense creation.

This is the type of loss that kills a season. Next week is a huge game for many reasons.

They go down and play like that and I don't see how you recover from it. All losses are not the same.

Our offense needs a lot of work, which is shocking to say. Faceoffs were terrible but we were winning some at the start. It's demoralizing to see your offense get manhandled like that. We started missing easy shots and their goalie is the best I have seen so far this year.

Even so, there is no excuse. I can handle losing this game, but not like that. If you stop our transition offense, which Army was really good at, we have nothing, which is crazy to think. Our middies can shoot, but they don't get separation against good middie defenders like Army has.

Army is now a terrible match up, but you have to be able to produce something in 6 on 6 with our talent level. Other teams want to run like us but the book is out. Stop the break force the settled offense creation.

This is the type of loss that kills a season. Next week is a huge game for many reasons.

They go down and play like that and I don't see how you recover from it. All losses are not the same.
Our offense needs a lot of work? Yikes. That shouldn’t be said when you have AC, Gallagher, and Mullins on your roster. We’ve waisted a lot of talent the past 3-4 years. I expect to see a major step back when we lose AC and Mullins. This is sad. What a regress. Lots of season left. We’ll see what happens.

RU lost 15-4??????

Last year ARMY won 10-9
Before that ARMY 9-7
Before that RU won 12-10

Has ARMY improved that much?

No way based on past history RU should lose this badly. This is not improvement.

Hope it’s just a bad day ... don’t won’t to see this sport tank.

Reactions: biazza38
So this is Brecht's 9th season and no NCAA's and a lot of excuses the last few years; If we don't make the NCAA's which already looks dim it's time to move on 9 years is more than enough with the talent he has had and has

That looked like the varsity vs. the middle schoolers; classic Eddie Jordan-coached kind of preparation and effort. Based on today, next week should be a nice scrimmage for Loyola to recover after playing UVa and Hopkins. Looking forward to the post-game spin from the staff and fanboys.

i usually don't post on here...i do follow , and support all of our teams.......i went to the woman's lacrosse page, and read up on the new coach....wow, this lady is a real winner. first as a player, and then ten seasons as a top flight asst..winning 2014 asst.co. of the year....she signed thirteen new players. with one , i think spilis who is a future all big ten selection ....the team is now 3-0...so now, you can't tell me a coach can't make a difference. i know it's to early to predict the outcome of the 2020 season...the men's coach has done an admirable job.but, he seems to have hit the wall as far as taking the next step......the girls surely have read the resume of their new coach, and what she has accomplished in her career ....you see a great player, and coach instilling what she has achieved as a player, and coach.....say what you want about pat hobbs, about the ash hire. but, he has been knocking it out of the park with his other hires............coach brecht better kick it up a notch this season...we have seen this scenario before......great talent, under achieving again.

i usually don't post on here...i do follow , and support all of our teams.......i went to the woman's lacrosse page, and read up on the new coach....wow, this lady is a real winner. first as a player, and then ten seasons as a top flight asst..winning 2014 asst.co. of the year....she signed thirteen new players. with one , i think spilis who is a future all big ten selection ....the team is now 3-0...so now, you can't tell me a coach can't make a difference. i know it's to early to predict the outcome of the 2020 season...the men's coach has done an admirable job.but, he seems to have hit the wall as far as taking the next step......the girls surely have read the resume of their new coach, and what she has accomplished in her career ....you see a great player, and coach instilling what she has achieved as a player, and coach.....say what you want about pat hobbs, about the ash hire. but, he has been knocking it out of the park with his other hires............coach brecht better kick it up a notch this season...we have seen this scenario before......great talent, under achieving again.
But how could she possibly do this without the new facility? We've heard so many times how without it, it's almost impossible to keep up. She must be a witch because it's the only explanation to be able to work such magic.

Today is the first time where I'm legit questioning Brecht's future here. Losing to a ranked Army is one thing, but to get completely punked and run off the field is another. If he can't make the Dance within the next 2 seasons, I think Hobbs will pull the plug.

Reactions: biazza38
But how could she possibly do this without the new facility? We've heard so many times how without it, it's almost impossible to keep up. She must be a witch because it's the only explanation to be able to work such magic.
finding the right coach that checks all the right boxes ..a great player in h's. and college...a great asst. coach with a good program. with many years of experience...and has fire in the belly, and has the confidence. plus the know how to get it done........softball is a mirror image of the lacrosse program.....if brecht can't get us to the post season this year...pat hobbs will have to take a good hard look at where this program is headed.

CVS was all about the need for a new facility as well. Has one. Now what? Can't get out of our own way against a good club. Coaching is the name of the game.

RU lost 15-4??????

Last year ARMY won 10-9
Before that ARMY 9-7
Before that RU won 12-10

Yes they have, won Patriot League and went to NCAAs last year. A very tough athletic team. They were ranked at 13, will be in top 10. We took a shot to the gut and never recovered. I am surprised Coach could not get them regrouped and make half time adjustments.

Coach turned this program around. If Rutgers was going to spend money like Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State I could see replacing coach if he doesnt make NCAAs but you are taking a big chance replacing a winning coach, especially with an assistant at a good program. Does not always translate to a good head coach.

Last edited:
RU lost 15-4??????

Last year ARMY won 10-9
Before that ARMY 9-7
Before that RU won 12-10

Yes they have, won Patriot League and went to NCAAs last year. A very tough athletic team. They were ranked at 13, will be in top 10. We took a shot to the gut and never recovered. I am surprised Coach could not get them regrouped and make half time adjustments.

Coach turned this program around. If Rutgers was going to spend money like Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State I could see replacing coach if he doesnt make NCAAs but you are taking a big chance replacing a winning coach, especially with an assistant at a good program. Does not always translate to a good head coach.
A winning coach we have not even made the NCAAs so what has won??

Rich, we were just ranked, been ranked at some point last three to four years including briefly no 1 in arguably the best lacrosse conference. Can you tell me another sport at RU that has matched that? Ever?

Reactions: nolanpa
Rich, we were just ranked, been ranked at some point last three to four years including briefly no 1 in arguably the best lacrosse conference. Can you tell me another sport at RU that has matched that? Ever?
Ever hear of Women's soccer?

If you don't win the NC or at least even make the NCAA tournament, being #1 for a minute in the regular season is completely irrelevant and meaningless.

Reactions: Rutgers56
What the hell are we talking about here? Is someone defending Brecht because we were number for a minute two years ago and then got our clocks cleaned by Delaware and then proceeded to miss the Tournament?
Hopefully this is one bad week. That being said, we need to right this ship.

This starts and ends with recruiting. Our starting goalie is a transfer, the backup is a grad transfer and the third goalie is a JUCO kid. The only two goalies recruited on the team are the 4th and 5th kids. Where are all the stud defensemen that they recruited.? Where are the dynamic dodgers? Before the season started I was concerned by the faceoff play (worse than I was lead to believe) and the goalie situation (make no mistake that Russo is the best option)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT