ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Face It

Rutgers isn't going to win conferences and national championships unless $20M shows up, year after year. Why is that hard to understand?

We can now in any week except for three. That's the best case scenario for the program. We're only going to get stronger. if you have to have Championships to be happy as a fan, jump on the OSU bus. You're not getting them here in this NIL world.
So true.

I did. And I obviously didn’t mean they can’t win a game. (Since Greg and Gavin have won plenty)…

I still dont think Greg is the guy to win big games, conferences and championships.
Of course I watched the game to the end. I was ecstatic that they won. I still don't think Wimsatt is more than a 2 star QB. The defense and Monangai won us this game, not Wimsatt.

Reactions: Postman_1
Of course I watched the game to the end. I was ecstatic that they won. I still don't think Wimsatt is more than a 2 star QB. The defense and Monangai won us this game, not Wimsatt.

Also two brutal special teams errors by MSU.

I don't know which is sadder...the fact that we have so few fans compared to our competition or the fact that some of our actual fans feel like these two above posters.

It’s sadder that we have fewer fans then most programs.

I’ll say again the program needs a spark to get more fans in the seat.

So- we also know that the 2nd Int wasn't on Gavin and Strong dropped a catch right before that too.
So- let's say GW had 1 Int on himself and the 1 TD.
He wasn't the reason we won or lost the game- and he still makes some throws we have not seen here for a long time.
I guess he has 4 bad wins this year and one expected win.
I kind of like being 5-2

Can't lie, I went into halftime pissed at both the mistakes we had made and the Ref's. I still don't understand why Rochelle tries to catch a punt near the 10 that he has to leave his feet for- 2nd time this year he did that.
But I am not seeing the hatred for GW...
The refs missed a number of calls which should have been called on MSU. Loved Reggie Sutton playing again on the right side. Oh where’s the poster who several weeks ago was saying how much our special teams sucked. Brain dead as usual.

Wimsatt can make some good throws.
Definitely has a lack of touch on some throws

But he has improved a bunch since last year.

Reminds me of a young QB. Get some wtfs, some wows, and a bunch in between. He's not a turnover machine, but they have been costly at times. He's mobile and can sling it. He's far from perfect, but can keep defense honest

he did much better today and made some nice throws imho

still think we need a new qb with more talent and ability as Gav doesn't start at any BIG school not named RU. That doesn't mean we can't win with him, just means more pieces need to move on the board together

he did much better today and made some nice throws imho

still think we need a new qb with more talent and ability as Gav doesn't start at any BIG school not named RU. That doesn't mean we can't win with him, just means more pieces need to move on the board together
Iowa
Northwestern
Indiana

Gavin isn’t better then what those teams are throwing out there?

Seriously?

Reactions: Kbee3
I am also sure of two things- many knocking GW were probably praising the other QB today. And the other thing- they are most likely posters who, before the season, were saying Dremel was not a D1 WR...

For those with the former- and I am the game thread would show us who- their guy had 130 yards and two INT's directly in our hands that we dropped.

Many are also missing a 19 y/o kid that also has moments of NFL quality throws as well.

Here is who has won the last 21 national championships.

LSU, USC Florida, Texas, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Ohio State, Clemson, Georgia.

Does Rutgers seem close to being any one of those programs to you?

Maybe a Penn State or Michigan fan can make an argument they could win a national championship. We can't. It's literally imbecilic to spread negativity all over social media because you don't think the Rutgers Football coach has us on a path to a natty.

Our natural place in the pecking order is 50-75.

From now on, as long as he's here, you can go to any but three games a year with a reasonable expectation of winning. Good years are a strong Iowa type season. That's the ceiling, that's our glory. We root for the kids, celebrate like heck when the win and feel badly for them when they come up short. In sports, you lose. It's by nature, competitive. I'm just thrilled that we are again, competitive. An absolute testament to every person in this program who has been working like maniacs to get us here.

Now if a Steven Cohen type hedge fund guy shows up and wants to throw around money for excitement and attention, then things change. We are a short helicopter ride from where a lot of these guys live and work, it's possible. Then...unlikely but possible.

Reactions: Kbee3
Wimsatt has played in 18 games
Does anyone really think he is capable of leading a comeback? No.
RU Will remain a doormat until a new QB is brought in.
The doormat now has 5 wins for the season. Your attempts to put down the team are growing weaker as Rutgers get closer and closer to bowl eligibility.
So why is Rutgers even playing if they can’t win a national championship???
Hmmm. Let's see. How about giving athletes an opportunity to continue their football careers, creating school spirit, giving fans the opportunity of game day experiences such as tail gaiting and watching collegiate competition? That's a silly post if you think a program shouldn't be around because they can't win a NC.
It’s sadder that we have fewer fans then most programs.

I’ll say again the program needs a spark to get more fans in the seat.
I'd say five wins, two home wins against B1G teams (which we havent done since 2014 and have only won one home B1G game since 2017), and a good shot at bowl eligibility is a pretty decent spark for the program. Your Negative Nellie posts need to be curtailed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT