ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: #1 Ohio St vs # 18 Rutgers (Intermat rankings), BTN TV, 12pm

133- Pletcher beats Del Vech 4-2, Scott close to tying at end, but just missed the TD.

141- Major by McKenna over MVB. Too bad AA wasn't able to go, that would have been fun to watch.

Abro the diffence in score was 149 never expected 4. Before throw. Looked like 3 for them. Kid was pinned. A 7 point swing.

I thought on the first throw, DeLuca had him pinned for a good 4 or 5 seconds, how do you now get that call at home ! lol. 2nd throw you could argue he was pinned again, but maybe only for 3 seconds.
Pins are exciting, NCAA wrestling needs to stop shooting itself in the foot.

Why are some officials so hesitant, scared almost, to call the pin? On Deluca's first throw, it seemed the OSU kid was flat for a good 5 seconds. Almost as bad as not making the stall call when it's obvious. These are 2 points that IMO would make college wrestling more exciting. Face slapping and head butting could be a few more ways.

Reactions: RickB113
The idiot reffed a terrible match. He did not call the pin twice because the kid was ranked # 5 in the country and OSU is ranked # 2 so their kids should never get pinned. It was tight in front of me at matside and he was dead flat.

DS9VUL6VQAAV9pP.jpg

How this match not covered on flo :/

I watched it on Flo. Flo simply has bought the streaming rights from BTN. It's a BtN production, streamed on both BtN and Flo wrestling. BTN commentators were good.

Gravina didn't wrestle to protect his injury from Midlands. No idea about Mulligan, but Goodale isn't one to sit a started during a dual for no apparent reason. Maybe injury as well?

I watched it on Flo. Flo simply has bought the streaming rights from BTN. It's a BtN production, streamed on both BtN and Flo wrestling. BTN commentators were good.
Really? I didn't c this match on their home tab... hopefully it's in the archives then

Perfect example of what is holding back wrestling as a spectator sport. If you treat the season like an exhibition schedule so will fans. Can you imagine Urban Meyer saying go ahead skip the game to go to a friend’s wedding? To many great matches are lost to resting guys or strategic testing of guys to protect seeds.

Hermida had no chance of beating Snyder -Maryland had an empty house.
Kudos to Snyder in gracing us with his presence with a packed house.

Hermida had no chance of beating Snyder -Maryland had an empty house.
Kudos to Snyder in gracing us with his presence with a packed house.

YES, BUT a Snyder - Hermida matchup would have been the only match of the night with 2 ranked wrestlers. And BTN and Flo were streaming this match all over the world. If you want the regular season to matter more than it currently does, and you want to grow the sport, even a little, from the pay per view sport it is now, featured, matchups between ranked opponents should not be cancelled willy nillly.

Reactions: RickB113
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT