ADVERTISEMENT

My new thought about the RAC!

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
I don’t have an answer on where the funding will come from, but i do think Murphy might very well be a supporter.

Renovating the Rac is an architectural njghtmare, if you are really making the program changing alterations for the long term. And you have limits on what you can do with that building.

How about this idea? Relocate the field hockey and track to Bush, near the soccer field. Build a new RAC with all the amenities and make it interchangeable for hockey. I would go for a 12,000 seat arena that could also generate revenue from concerts and other events.

Why there? First, you could remain in the RAC during construction and you can take 18-24 months, as it wouldn’t really matter. You could still use the same parking and expand parking when you eventually knock down the current building. The new arena would be across the road from the practice center, so ideally located.

Yes, this is significantly more expensive and also includes the extra cost of moving field hockey. But at the end of the day, if we are investing for the long term, i think it could be the better way to go. By the 2025 season, we could be recruiting kids for a Top 10 program. It would also serve as world class venue for the wrestling team.

Maybe Jersey Mikes and Murphy can get behind this financially. Again, just an idea and don’t know if this is doable. Just throwing it out there!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News