ADVERTISEMENT

Nazreon Reid

ch414

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
I'd preface this by saying that I don't like offers being given to 9th and 10tgh graders. But, the Roselle Catholic freshman. considered by some to be the best freshman in the country, has offers or has been contacted by many major programs. The Ledger reports that he has not been contacted by Rutgers. What gives?

This kid is going to be outstanding. He is like 7 foot or close already and is a rim protector and can score and run the floor. I think he is from New York as I know he at least played on an AAU team in the city. If seems as if we don't recruit any of the kids in NJ anymore. I think it is a big mistake. I saw at least 3 of his games this past season. He will have offers from almost every major college team before this is over.

Jordan knows that Reid will go to a elite school like Kansas or Kentucky for 1 year and then to the NBA.Its a waste of time for Rutgers to recruit such a player.

Reid is from Asbury Park-----been watching him since the 7th grade--------could be a great one.

The fact that Kansas , Nova , UConn , UVA and 10 other schools have offered him and RU hasn't is to be kind----silly.

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

Jordan knows that Reid will go to a elite school like Kansas or Kentucky for 1 year and then to the NBA.Its a waste of time for Rutgers to recruit such a player.
Throwing out an offer and seeing how it's received shouldn't be a waste of time.
Also talking to Reid's coach about him might develop into a good relationship with the coach that might help RU down the road.
Just because a local player might not come to RU , doesn't mean RU shouldn't try to build a relationship with his coach while showing Reid that RU is interested in him, if he's willing to talk about going to RU.
More than likely won't get the player, but getting the coach on RU's side would be a help.

Originally posted by 78CollegeAve:
No time for offers. Eddie's booked solid through August -- naps.
I'm convinced 78CollegeAve got beat up in a fight with Jordan back in the 70's and just hates him.

Chop -- no excuse for RU not offering the kid already. Sure, it's doubtful that he'll end up at Rutgers. But, perception is reality. This program can't be perceived as being too clueless (or gutless) to offer every top Jersey soph or frosh. Do you waste resources on hopeless cases? Of course not, but you need to offer. You know, so you don't get cheap shots because you didn't.

You know, it was just 2 years ago ... I was very hopeful that EJ would seize the opportunity and invigorate the program. I figured that he would be low-key in Year 1 but start to reach out and connect with the students in Year 2. Instead, there's been no attempt to connect. Aloof is not the way to go. So, yeah, he has been a real disappointment, and that's not just the miserable games against low majors, poor recruiting or lackluster staff. And, hey, wake me up when you find a story about the "hard working" RU staff.

Who knows if what was reported was true. Until we get 18+ wins and a new facility, these kids will be impossible to land.

The only way this would be acceptable is if the kid blew off Eddie and was disrespectful to him or something like that. Otherwise I don't see any way to justify this if its true.

No need to waste our time. If he had any interest, then we would've offered. These recruits have no interest.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

There is a whole thread on the RT about the value (or not) of offering a kid in 8th or 9th grade. The idea Eddie Jordan won't offer this kid before he commits to a school is .......

Sorry to say, but some folks around here need another hobby/passion.

This post was edited on 4/17 10:49 PM by RutgHoops

Chop -- no excuse for RU not offering the kid already. Sure, it's doubtful that he'll end up at Rutgers. But, perception is reality. This program can't be perceived as being too clueless (or gutless) to offer every top Jersey soph or frosh. Do you waste resources on hopeless cases? Of course not, but you need to offer. You know, so you don't get cheap shots because you didn't.

You know, it was just 2 years ago ... I was very hopeful that EJ would seize the opportunity and invigorate the program. I figured that he would be low-key in Year 1 but start to reach out and connect with the students in Year 2. Instead, there's been no attempt to connect. Aloof is not the way to go. So, yeah, he has been a real disappointment, and that's not just the miserable games against low majors, poor recruiting or lackluster staff. And, hey, wake me up when you find a story about the "hard working" RU staff.
78....your criticism is so over the top that you are no longer credible. Lol at find a story !! Is that what you base your opinions ? Maybe you can tell us who Macon and Shoes are tracking. Maybe you know what recruits Jordan is talking to on the phone, or games he watched recruits play live? Guess what? You have no clue.

The Ellison recruitment is a perfect example: he was never discussed on this board and yet, based on his own words Jordan and Rutgers are in his top 5....his comments suggest top 2.

I think I remember some comments by you that we had no chance with Laurent. I guess NJ dot com or Zagsblog did not run a story on it....lol

This post was edited on 4/17 11:08 PM by RU-Choppin-Ohio

This post was edited on 4/17 11:20 PM by RU-Choppin-Ohio

I hear Gary Waters offered him when he was 5, and then when Gary was let go he didn't want to have anything to do with RU.

(We can have fun with this one!).

Higgins

Then why did they recruit Briscoe ? Pretty much the same scenario and ironically he attends the same HS.

Some of these papers aren't exactly in love with the state university.

TDirish, good point. Still, until we get to a certain point i would've avoided recruiting briscoe so hard.

As we always say- Anytime EJ goes out to recruit a certain 1 player, there are always 9 others on the court he can also watch.

Never just a one guy thing.

16+ wins, facilities and we have a shot at these players. Right now, very small.

Is there anything that Jordan does or doesn't do that some posters here won't criticize.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Jordan did this , Eddie didn't do that BS every day from some.
He's here and will be until at least his 4th year is done and give it a rest with the constant Jordan can't or won't whining.

Head Coach Eddie Jordan took over a mess and needs more than two years to judge his recruiting and results on the court.
Instant gratification isn't going to happen , so take a break from complaint and judge EJ & RU MBB on how they look in the third season after the fiasco.
Let Jordan show what he can do and Nazeron Reid will be more inpressed with that then program that hasn't been very good for a long long time in need of facility upgrades contacting him before he was born offering him a scholarship.

StopWhining.gif

Hey, it could be worse. BC now has nine scholarships available for '15 spring signings. How do you think that will work out for Jim Christian in Year 2?

Hey, it could be worse. BC now has nine scholarships available for '15 spring signings. How do you think that will work out for Jim Christian in Year 2?
Hopefully better than the 13-19 (4-14) record they had last season, his first year (2014-15) as HC,without the scandal Jordan walked into with his eyes open
Or the 8-24 (4-14) record they had the year before (2013-14) under Steve Donahue
BC finished 9-22, 4-12 in the ACC. in the 2011-12 season under Donahue without dodge-ball practice or
berating the players , like Rice was doing during his ill fated time at RU...
Jim Christian took over a bad team , not a scandal ridden program that hasn't been a winner in years .
But the program he did take over was a loser since the 2010-11 season, when Donahue led the Eagles to a 19-11 record
and a NIT appearance.
The last Dance appearance BC made was under Al Skinner in the 2008-9 season when they went 22-11.
and around 17 years after RU's last Dance

BC's MBB program's failings are a horse of a different color, when compared to Rutgers' problems.

This post was edited on 4/18 9:23 PM by MADHAT1

A guy like Willard or Jordan has to know they have little chance at this kid, but you offer and recruit him. That lots of D1 kids go to RC these days is all the more reason to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT