ADVERTISEMENT

NJ & PA State Tournaments Thread

I’d say Suriano was more of a force, overall, then Griffith and Lewis.. def all NJ legends.. good point on on SVN, delbarton and Blair.. didn’t realize Blair had so few finalist lately.. they used to produce so many studs… cooperman, Backes, esposito, Mocco, Perry, Russell..just to name a few..
the last ncaa champ from Blair was Ed Ruth and he only spent a season at Blair , the last full time Blair guy to win a title was Kellen Russell and outside of McKenna and Kolodzik they haven’t had any true title contenders until SVN , lots of Ramirez ,Kutler and Cannon types but no Perry, mocco, Esposito types those days at Blair seem to be long gone. In the past decade Montgomery high school has produced the same amount of champs as Blair , hell Bergen catholic has twice as many in that timeframe

Reactions: KidDagger
the last ncaa champ from Blair was Ed Ruth and he only spent a season at Blair , the last full time Blair guy to win a title was Kellen Russell and outside of McKenna and Kolodzik they haven’t had any true title contenders until SVN , lots of Ramirez ,Kutler and Cannon types but no Perry, mocco, Esposito types those days at Blair seem to be long gone. In the past decade Montgomery high school has produced the same amount of champs as Blair , hell Bergen catholic has twice as many in that timeframe
AJ Ferrari but he doesn’t count either ha

• Haha
True I forget Ruth was at Blair for a year.. I always counted him more of a PA guy…damn Mocco, Perry, Esposito.. I grew up in this era so maybe nostalgia makes me think this is the greatest NJ wrestling era… I guess the kids today will look up to Lewis, Griffith, Ash, Suriano.. from NJ.. still waiting for the next big NJ force… think Knox got a decent chance.. thought maybe Mullen too but he might be too distracted with football.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Wall has Jason Nase as one of the coaches and for my money he’s the best assistant coach in the Shore and definitely better than the guys in the room at Vianney and RBC. Not sure why DiBiase left Wall. They’re down but it’s not like they’re terrible. Seems like it’s working out for him though.

Both Lewis and Griffith won titles as freshman (which Suriano didnt) Just 2 seasons ago we had Suriano , glory , Lewis and Griffith in the finals , last year only had glory but had lewis, van ness, Griffith and foca wrestling for 3rd …this season van ness probably would have ran through 149 and he ll have 3 more season movin forward where we ll see him in the finals , Stanich has a shot at 125, maybe Ramirez at 165 ,Lewis or Griffith or possibly both with starocci inj will be in the 174 final and Foca has a shot at making the 184 final which isn’t too bad in a down year. ..I think part of the issue is delbarton has been the best In the state for years now and I can’t think of a single AA they produced except Glory, and Blair hasn’t had an ncaa finalist since Mckenna,hopefully guys like van ness , tj stewart, Marc Anthony Mcgowan can change that
To be fair, Suriano had his ankle broken in the National Duals that year.

In his 3 seasons competing at nationals he was 2nd/1st/1st… 3 diff teams in college too.. legend.
And that freshman season he beat the eventual national champ like 11-0. I'm glad he ended up with 2. I got a little worried for him once Lee then Micic, Fix and even Desanto were in the picture

True I forget Ruth was at Blair for a year.. I always counted him more of a PA guy…damn Mocco, Perry, Esposito.. I grew up in this era so maybe nostalgia makes me think this is the greatest NJ wrestling era… I guess the kids today will look up to Lewis, Griffith, Ash, Suriano.. from NJ.. still waiting for the next big NJ force… think Knox got a decent chance.. thought maybe Mullen too but he might be too distracted with football.
Perentin , Knox, maybe Burton seem like they are that next wave that comes in ready to compete right away

Well that’s miserable start. Nini has a long way to go to be a meaningful contributor here unfortunately.

Most impressive accomplishment if you ask me - the Delran kid Roskos that took out Gabe Logan and I think lost in UTB in the semis is going to Bucknell to play soccer and is apparently one of the best players in NJ.
Delbarton heavy in finals going to play football in college.

Chapman got screwed on that potentially dangerous call but it’s another poor showing for the RU recruits.

• Sad
Chapman is unpolished…he’s gonna be really good once he gets into a college room.

He got absolutely screwed on the potentially dangerous…effin joke
Agreed. He is too aggressive at times and it causes him to get out of position, etc and he can recover vs lesser talents but people like Perentin will make him pay. He relies too much on his athleticism and like you said, unpolished is a good way to describe it.

Agreed. He is too aggressive at times and it causes him to get out of position, etc and he can recover vs lesser talents but people like Perentin will make him pay. He relies too much on his athleticism and like you said, unpolished is a good way to describe it.
Athleticism.. I get flashbacks of Glasgow 0.0

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Chapman got screwed on that potentially dangerous call but it’s another poor showing for the RU recruits.

Chapman is unpolished…he’s gonna be really good once he gets into a college room.

He got absolutely screwed on the potentially dangerous…effin joke
Perentin lucky he didn't break his neck!!!!!! Bridged mid toss.... Can't blame ref for stopping it there..... Obviously we know how it worked out... But that was dangerous... As in paralyzing dangerous to do that!!!

Hagensen wins 113! Second Mount Olive champion ever and first since 1988. Awesome. I wrestled with the '88 champ. It's been a long time coming.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Here are the known college commitments of the State Champs. Please add if I missed someone.

Hagensen - Buffalo
Knox - Cornell
Hendrich - Va. Tech
Perinten - Cornell
Burton - Va. Tech
Ludington - Arizona State
Lee - Duke
Dellagatta - Cornell

Anyone know why not one State Champ has committed to Rutgers?

Damion Hahn and Mike Grey were pictured sitting together at the State Tournament. Would be great if Hobbs scheduled a meeting with these two successful legends

Here are the known college commitments of the State Champs. Please add if I missed someone.

Hagensen - Buffalo
Knox - Cornell
Hendrich - Va. Tech
Perinten - Cornell
Burton - Va. Tech
Lee - Duke
Dellagatta - Cornell

Damion Hahn and Mike Grey were pictured sitting together at the State Tournament. Would be great if Hobbs scheduled a meeting with these two successful legends
Are you always miserable

Haha it's a bummer, but we're getting some awesome kids over the next two years. Still need a heavyweight though.

The 4 guys who made it to NJ semis are all studs; they just didn't win it. Chapman probably had one of the most impressive rides to the finals other than Knox and Luddington. He'll be better.

Haha it's a bummer, but we're getting some awesome kids over the next two years. Still need a heavyweight though.

The 4 guys who made it to NJ semis are all studs; they just didn't win it. Chapman probably had one of the most impressive rides to the finals other than Knox and Luddington. He'll be better.
Is Kyonte Hamilton just done now?

Hagensen - Buffalo
Knox - Cornell
Hendrich - Va. Tech
Perinten - Cornell
Burton - Va. Tech
Lee - Duke
Dellagatta - Cornell

Riccardi is committed to navy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT