ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Try Out the New Board thread

AH HA!!! on top of your original post there is a dropdown called "thread tools" which you can either edit your title or post a poll.

Interesting. I'm on a phone, and the thread tools icon shows as a wrench. But when I turn my phone to landscape, with the wider screen, everything looks the same as on a desktop.

I fear change
a3f77810529fbb64f13dd6a0e8921d0908bdc932dacda1723b4c9e7428dbb99c.jpg

Well, one thing I definitely don't like is that it does not do quotes within quotes. So if you reply to someone who quotes and replied to someone else, you are very likely to lose the context of the conversation. Sloppy.

I'll never tell you how I did it

Yeah I will. Eventually.

I like all the formatting tools on mobile pretty cool. RUTGERS Penn State

At the bottom of the page there used to be a Back To Topics link that would send you back a page, no longer there

At the bottom of the page there used to be a Back To Topics link that would send you back a page, no longer there

Yes there is. There's a button labeled "Back to Threads/Forum" located just above where you can write a new post (above your avatar), that brings you back to all the topics. Above that is the list of page numbers for the current thread that you're in, including a "<Prev" button to go to the previous page.

I dont see a box with three boxes to go to other forums

And i dont see back to threads forums or previous...

I do see the 1 2 3 pages... On old mobile there was no pages either

Oh well Rob, it was nice knowing you.

Rob -- Turn your phone sideways, and you'll see more stuff on the wider screen.

Or just use the back button on your phone (or use the red up arrow on the right side which appears when you scroll, and that will take you to the top of the page where you can press "back" to take you back to topics).

It's on the right towards the top of the page. It's an icon that looks like an org chart. That allows you to navigate back and forth between forums. I saw it both on my laptop and iPad but as Upstream said if you hold your phone horizontally it's actually there too. So it's on all the versions.

The back to threads/forum button is on the bottom left of after the last post in the thread but just above the reply box.

Last edited:
Im on an iphone neither of those thing are there even with sideways
Not sure what to tell you. That icon that looks like an org chart is a quick navigation menu. If you see the red scarletnation rivals banner it's just right under that and all the way on the right.

The back to threads/forum button is on the left both at the top of a thread and after the last post on thread.

1st picture of last post and reply box:
image_2.jpg
2nd picture of top of page:
image_1.jpg

Neither

Those screen caps are with the phone being held horizontally? I get that when it's vertical but when I hold it horizontally all the stuff shows up. The quick navigation button is still off the to right directly under the red banner but the back to threads/forum buttons are in the center rather than off to the left like in the desktop version.

As I just posted on the other thread on the new message board, I really, really, really hate the huge waste of vertical space on the new site, which is going to make for about twice as much scrolling vs. the old site. Specifically, I just checked some old pages (see the "way back" link below) and I used to see 19 topics per full screen and now I only see 9 topics on the same laptop screen, as the list of topics takes up about twice as much vertical real estate per topic (see link).

Furthermore, for any individual post, the default vertical space for all the background crap (not including the actual post text) is 2.75", whereas the default vertical space in the old format was 1.25, so posts are now taking up more than twice as much space, vertically. Incredibly poor design, in my opinion - will be a huge waste of time scrolling twice as much. How the hell can people design these things and not think about scroll time/distance?

I also really dislike the inability to have nested "conversations" with by simply replying, with quotes, to the last post in a conversation - yeah, I know it got overused at times, but I liked that feature.

But I guess I at least get the long term thread storage that's been promised, which outweighs a lot of bad design, IMO - just wished they could've preserved the best elements of the old design or made the "look and feel" from the old site available as an option.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071113085528/http://rutgers.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=&fid=642

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT