ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, David Ross to Cubs. So if the Mets do decide to offer Girardi, which appears unlikely, they have one fewer competitor for his services.

As expected, David Ross to Cubs. So if the Mets do decide to offer Girardi, which appears unlikely, they have one fewer competitor for his services.

Welp - expect JG to jump at the Phillies offer now, which will likely come tomorrow. While we'll settle for another likely newbie disaster.

Welp - expect JG to jump at the Phillies offer now, which will likely come tomorrow. While we'll settle for another likely newbie disaster.
IDK. You can make a strong case that Girardi actually underachieved with the Yankees. And remember it took him just one year to wear out his welcome in Miami.

IDK. You can make a strong case that Girardi actually underachieved with the Yankees. And remember it took him just one year to wear out his welcome in Miami.

Basically can't stomach a Mickey2 at this point. Usually managers don't drain the life out of me (no matter how bad some might be), but he did.

The Cubs had Ross and Espada give a fake spring training speech so this is all getting weird now.

Eduardo Perez reportedly had his THIRD interview today. Make of that what you will.
Lord help us if Perez is hired.......Lord help us...Can the Wilpons be that dumb / foolish / cheap?...I'd even be happy with Beltran over Perez

Once the WS ends should we start the new official 19/20 off-season thread Mets fans?

Once the WS ends should we start the new official 19/20 off-season thread Mets fans?

Always have fear of the beloved Mets thread getting bumped - think we should just start a 2020 season thread either on 1/1 or after the WS ends.

Article is pure speculation. Not based on anything other than Brodie and Hinch are friends. Plus, Hinch is under contract.

He is under contract until 2022. What would the Mets have to give up for Hinch... Alonso and McNeil? That would be so Brodie to make that trade.

What don't you like about Perez? (Other than he's not Girardi?)
I’d prefer a manager with experience a la Girardi. Perez has no experience. Why go this route? Because Boone has success, this mismanaged organization feels it has to emulate. We lived thru 2 years of this. Don’t need to see it again

Reactions: Plum Street
I’d prefer a manager with experience a la Girardi. Perez has no experience. Why go this route? Because Boone has success, this mismanaged organization feels it has to emulate. We lived thru 2 years of this. Don’t need to see it again

The thing is...I am not 100% sure that Boone would be successful if he were the Met's manager. Over with the Yankee's, he has an owner that wants to win and a GM that has been around the game forever and who has been there with some great teams, players and managers.
I am a little torn on our Manager search- I lean toward Girardi but maybe that is only because of what we went through with Mickey- JG didnt exactly light it on fire down in Miami and most Yankee fans wanted him gone.

He is under contract until 2022. What would the Mets have to give up for Hinch... Alonso and McNeil? That would be so Brodie to make that trade.
BVW would be stupid enough to send Dom Smith, JD Davis, Jeff McNeil and Top 3 prospects.

Reactions: FrankZ
I couldn't care less if AJ Hinch was somehow, amazingly hired. Now going after and getting the Astros GM. That would have my full attention. And, of course, that will never happen because it's the Mets and they are sold on Van Numbnuts, presumably because he has perfected the art of walking around a baseball field pre-game with a phone by his ear acting as if he's doing something smart and important. Turns out he's not.

Serious question: Since AJ Hinch (AJH) is BFF with BVW, how long until the World Series is over will the Mets announce the trade to send ****, ****, ****, ****, and **** for Hinch? Would you do it since hes actually a good manager and was basically thrown under the bus this week by Houston's Front Office for their idiodicy and is probably regretting that contract extention?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/brodie-van-wagenen-must-check-if-pal-a-j-hinch-is-fed-up-with-astros/
No way I'd ever trade players for a manager, any manager. Wait, on second thought, would they take Cano with a side order of Diaz???:WideSmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT