ADVERTISEMENT

OT- 3 A Bombs from A Rod tonight

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
And they were BOMBS, very long distance shots. Maybe best game of his career? When will the 'is he on the juice again ? " questions start up. I predict soon, lol. First shot was third decker at Minn, 3rd was deep Center. I forget the 2nd .

If ARod says he ain't on roids, then he ain't on roids. Case closed.

I'm not a big Yankee fan, but I don't understand why the A-rod hatred. He served his penalty. He has appeared contrite. He has not whined about how he got screwed on his bonus. But some folks don't want to give a guy as second chance. Congrats to A-rod on a nice comeback.

I'm not a big Yankee fan, but I don't understand why the A-Rod hatred. He served his penalty. He has appeared contrite. He has not whined about how he got screwed on his bonus. But some folks don't want to give a guy as second chance. Congrats to A-rod on a nice comeback.

Haven't you noticed that this board seems to be infested with a particular brand of Yankees-hating Mets fans ?
They had nothing good to say about Jeter or Mariano, so why would you expect them to do anything but spew venom towards A-Rod...no matter what he says or does ?
I'm not a big fan of A-Rod, but his three bombs tonight turned what looked like a bad night into a very enjoyable one....especially after the three run blast off of the Twins All-Star closer by our backup catcher. And the Yanks are fairly comfortably in 1st place right now...and firmly entrenched as New York's #1 team....and A-Rod is a big part of that. And he seems to be acting right and saying all of the right things for a change. So it's all good.
Just don't expect anything but the rantings of a bitter group of Mets fans when A-Rod is mentioned. Jealousy is such an ugly thing.

Haven't you noticed that this board seems to be infested with a particular brand of Yankees-hating Mets fans ?
They had nothing good to say about Jeter or Mariano, so why would you expect them to do anything but spew venom towards A-Rod...no matter what he says or does ?
I'm not a big fan of A-Rod, but his three bombs tonight turned what looked like a bad night into a very enjoyable one....especially after the three run blast off of the Twins All-Star closer by our backup catcher. And the Yanks are fairly comfortably in 1st place right now...and firmly entrenched as New York's #1 team....and A-Rod is a big part of that. And he seems to be acting right and saying all of the right things for a change. So it's all good.
Just don't expect anything but the rantings of a bitter group of Mets fans when A-Rod is mentioned. Jealousy is such an ugly thing.
Coming from one of the guys who puts up some of the douchiest posts on the Let's Go Mets thread, your glass house is shattered. I'm a huge Mets fan, but objective enough to give a player his due when he does well. What can you say about your posts on the Let's Go Mets thread?

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Coming from one of the guys who puts up some of the douchiest posts on the Let's Go Mets thread, your glass house is shattered. I'm a huge Mets fan, but objective enough to give a player his due when he does well. What can you say about your posts on the Let's Go Mets thread?

Just the facts.
And I didn't say all Mets fans were like that...just an alarmingly high percentage here.
I DID give the Mets credit in 1969 and 1986. It's not hard when you only have to do it twice in 52 years.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is very little to like about John Stirling still calling Yankees for every game and all 9 innings, especially for Yankee fans. Some of his home run calls are awful but an A-Bomb from A rod is still a great one. Maybe 2nd to You're in the Mark Teixeira.

My issue with that thread is some of the same posters who are bashing Flood for 3 star recruits are praising the Mets for trading for guys like Uribe. Also the there is much Yankee bashing in that thread and at the same time a high degree of distaste for the Met bashing by Kbee and a couple others. This is an RU football board not a Met board. ALL Met & Yankee bashing should be fair game and a 12 page 3 month OT Mets thread with up to the minute GameDay highlights kept alive by 3 or 4 Mets fans is not off limits for scrutiny amd ribbing on an RU forum.

I'm a Yankee fan. I've never liked Arod. Always thought he was a cheater. I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were cheating again.

My issue with that thread is some of the same posters who are bashing Flood for 3 star recruits are praising the Mets for trading for guys like Uribe. Also the there is much Yankee bashing in that thread and at the same time a high degree of distaste for the Met bashing by Kbee and a couple others. This is an RU football board not a Met board. ALL Met & Yankee bashing should be fair game and a 12 page 3 month OT Mets thread with up to the minute GameDay highlights kept alive by 3 or 4 Mets fans is not off limits for scrutiny amd ribbing on an RU forum.

Much like douchey TTFP fans, the dickhead Yankee fan contingent jumped in that LGM thread and started mouthing off after the Yankees won the series 2-1. There is a tremendous irony in Rutgers fans bashing the Mets. The Mets are young, and dinged up and run by a cheap organization. Think about what the Yankees would be doing if Texeira and A-Rod where out since early April . . . .

I'm a Yankee fan. I've never liked Arod. Always thought he was a cheater. I guess I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt... but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were cheating again.

This!....guy has no credibility whether he is being tested every week or not....if there is a test where people can get in trouble then there are people thinking of ways to getting around said test.

He is definitely on growth hormones (which they don't test for) but so what.

As long as he's helping the team win.

Not saying you are wrong, but how can you be so sure. Is it permitted , or just not tested for?

He is definitely on growth hormones (which they don't test for) but so what.

As long as he's helping the team win.

Who knows if he is on something. His history and his age are certainly enough to make most folks believe he is. There is always something new - the cheaters will always be one step ahead of the testers.

Not tested for. Same stuff NFL players are using.

So far, it's too expensive of a blood test.

They are working on a cheaper (less intrusive) test for it. We'll see if the unions allow it to become part of the drug testing protocols when it becomes available.

Well on Page 11 of the MLB Policy ,, bullet point 67, it appears HGH are not permitted.

67. Human Growth Hormone (hGH), Secretagogues and Peptides, including Alexamorelin, CJC-1295, Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH), Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides (GHRP), Hexarelin, Ibutamoren (MK-0677), Ipamorelin, Myostatin Inhibitors, Pralmorelin, Sermorelin, Tesamorelin, Thymosin Beta 4 (TB-500), and Triptorelin

Full policy :

http://mlb.mlb.com/pa/pdf/jda.pdf

Also from USA Today :

In-Season testing[edit]
On January 10, 2013, MLB and the players union reached an agreement to add random, in-season human growth hormone and to a new test to reveal the use of testosterone. Testing will begin the 2013 season.[1

Not tested for. Same stuff NFL players are using.

So far, it's too expensive of a blood test.

They are working on a cheaper (less intrusive) test for it. We'll see if the unions allow it to become part of the drug testing protocols when it becomes available.

Much like douchey TTFP fans, the dickhead Yankee fan contingent jumped in that LGM thread and started mouthing off after the Yankees won the series 2-1. There is a tremendous irony in Rutgers fans bashing the Mets. The Mets are young, and dinged up and run by a cheap organization. Think about what the Yankees would be doing if Texeira and A-Rod where out since early April . . . .

Again, this is an RU football board. If TTFP fans come here to cause trouble it is trolling. If someone is going to create a dedicated Mets thread and keep it alive for 4 months you better be prepaired to have Yankee and fans of other team's who are also RU fans come and talk sh1t.....else take it to a Met board.

"Think about what the Yankees would be doing if Texeira and A-Rod where out since early April . ."

Like the Mets have anyone of the caliber of Tex or A-Rod.
Oh, and the Yankees did without their best hitter (Ellsbury) and their closer for about two months. And Nova was out for the first two and a half months of the season. And Tanaka was hurt for over a month.
The difference is the Yankees have more good players than the Metsies....principally because like most teams that wish to compete for a World Series they SPEND MONEY. Mets ownership is too cheap....and I hope they never change.

He leads Major League History in hitting home runs on his birthday (today) with 6.

Just crazy that this Yankees team is playing so well. 15-5 in July

Last edited:

And the Yanks go for 21 runs vs. Texas last night.
That kind of production would take the other New York team two weeks to get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT