ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Annoying license plate

dollarbill

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
I'm right behind an SUV this morning with a N.J. personalized plate. It had a PSU logo and the words "Penn State Alumni" on the bottom. Does N.J. needs this guy's $50 that bad? I think they should be banned. $$$$

would you be upset if someone and an RU vanity plate in PA or some other state?

Good question. I guess its the PSU thing that bothers me. If living in Central Pa. under that scenario, I would take the $100 comprehensive deductible on my auto insurance. Hope that answers your question. $$$$

LOL...of all the things to get worked over...

Most states do this...it is a HUGE revenue generator...I'm guessing there are a ton of ND, Michigan, State Penn, Maryland, UVA, BC and other B1G plates out there in NJ!

Don't go crashing stranger cars...not worth it! ;-)

lravq.jpg

Was once behind a suv/crossover in Hoboken with a Rutgers "CHOP" license plate. Wonder if it was one of the former players or someone who works for the team?

I'm right behind an SUV this morning with a N.J. personalized plate. It had a PSU logo and the words "Penn State Alumni" on the bottom. Does N.J. needs this guy's $50 that bad? I think they should be banned. $$$$
Constitutionally NJ couldnt reject the plate. Hell states cant even reject Nazi plates unless they stop the programs entirely. As long as the PSU alumni association meets the criteria set forth by the state, the state has to take them.

I'm happy with my RU1977 plate, even though I had to wait for it.

Great thread! Lol!

by law i don't think the DMV can single out certain alumni groups from having their own plates but they can make it cheaper for Rutgers and the other state schools where the state contributes money.

An example would be:
- $100 for out of state organizations
- $75 for in state and national organizations
- $50 for state supported (partially or fully funded) organizations

My favorite double take of all time came on a trip to NC, when we saw a Plate which I think read A-Hole-N-1. I am sure golfers would quickly appreciate it, but we first interpreted it as A-Hole Number 1. We laughed about it for probably longer than we should have before we realized its true intent.

Good question. I guess its the PSU thing that bothers me. If living in Central Pa. under that scenario, I would take the $100 comprehensive deductible on my auto insurance. Hope that answers your question. $$$$

The license plate thingy is less offensive than seeing the Hillary ad to the right of the posts.

Should PA residents be offended by this?

pennplate.jpg

Was once behind a suv/crossover in Hoboken with a Rutgers "CHOP" license plate. Wonder if it was one of the former players or someone who works for the team?
No way! When did he get his plate in like 2007? Loll lol

This is the Rutgers version in PA.

Rutgers%20University.jpg

Penn State in New Jersey

Penn_State_Alum.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT