ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone go to the gym today?

Who is going to go to a gym in the winter if you can't bring a coat and place it in a locker?Dan Aykroyd would say that a lot of these places are going to go belly up by that time.
NYSports Club just claimed bankruptcy. With so few members using the gyms, It’s going to be difficult to survive.

To summarize your first paragraph, you are eating less/consuming less calories and eating the right foods to help you do that (i.e., avoid food cravings during certain times of day). 😀

Seriously, we are saying the same thing, but you are just saying it in a fancier way!

As for burning calories via exercise, most people can't go mountain biking for 2-3 hours. Also, the bigger you are the more calories you burn during exercising. Those calories per ride/session are unrealistic to most people.
Didn't want to post a new thread, and it's sort of related to the discussion we had:

Had a gym membership for years but never had the time to consistently use it. I was doing enough to not gain more weight. WFH has allowed me to workout in the garage and run. I’m down 25 lbs since March.
👍

My gym is cheap so it’s ok for me to use it infrequently, but have been only twice since March.

Gym is now mostly empty during busier daytime hours. The good thing is that the Trainers who hawk fitness services are gone too. One guy followed me upstairs to the treadmills, belaboring an offer of a free training session.

Been to the gym everyday since it has opened.

I've been most days. And, my gym was having a sale in training sessions so I signed up for a bunch of 1/2 hour sessions at 6am. My trainer doesn't have a 6:30am client so I've been getting 45min-an hour for my 30 min price

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I've been most days. And, my gym was having a sale in training sessions so I signed up for a bunch of 1/2 hour sessions at 6am. My trainer doesn't have a 6:30am client so I've been getting 45min-an hour for my 30 min price
I just can work out for about 20-25 minutes because of the mask, either trend mill or machine for th3 day.

My Daughter in Law is a personal trainer on line now.

USAmiee Fit

She's changed John's body entirely. A 265 lb NG for NAVY to 215 lbs ripped.

Rutgers grad.

Last edited:
I got mine online. I think that's the only way. Bought it in red and black
I searched and see that the local Dick's sporting goods has them. I was looking for a "better" mask than the cloth one my wife made for my flight this week, but the reality is that all of these cloth masks are useless for protection in filtering out small vapor particles. The cloths masks are only useful to prevent when someone sneezes, coughs or does something else to expel large droplets and the mask prevents expelling large droplets past the mask. We have a box of 3M N95 NIOSH white masks, and I will wear that mask when on the flight. Maybe it's overkill, but would rather be safe than sorry.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I searched and see that the local Dick's sporting goods has them. I was looking for a "better" mask than the cloth one my wife made for my flight this week, but the reality is that all of these cloth masks are useless for protection in filtering out small vapor particles. The cloths masks are only useful to prevent when someone sneezes, coughs or does something else to expel large droplets and the mask prevents expelling large droplets past the mask. We have a box of 3M N95 NIOSH white masks, and I will wear that mask when on the flight. Maybe it's overkill, but would rather be safe than sorry.

there is a big uptick of Covid across the country. you'd be smart to wear the N95 on the plane, avoid the bathroom...and to wipe everything down with a disinfectant wipe...arm rests, tray table, window if you are next to it and the light/AC above your head.

there is a big uptick of Covid across the country. you'd be smart to wear the N95 on the plane, avoid the bathroom...and to wipe everything down with a disinfectant wipe...arm rests, tray table, window if you are next to it and the light/AC above your head.
I saw the uptick. We spent extra to sit in first class (first row)--nobody else in the row except me and my better half. Will board last and avoid the boarding cattle call, and then be first off the plane. Also going to wear ski goggles, and don't give a crap if I look silly (sillier than usual). [roll]

I saw the uptick. We spent extra to sit in first class (first row)--nobody else in the row except me and my better half. Will board last and avoid the boarding cattle call, and then be first off the plane. Also going to wear ski goggles, and don't give a crap if I look silly (sillier than usual). [roll]
The last time you took a flight I said the same. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, who cares about looks or what anyone thinks. I'm the same. If you're overkill and nothing happens who cares there's no regret about that. At most a minor inconvenience. If you under do it and you get sick you'll have more regret about that and feel bad. If you did your best to prepare yourself and take whatever precautions and still something were to happen well that's an unfortunate part of life but there's no regret over it either. You did what was in your power and things sometimes still happen even when you do your best to be prepared. Have a safe trip.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The last time you took a flight I said the same. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable, who cares about looks or what anyone thinks. I'm the same. If you're overkill and nothing happens who cares there's no regret about that. At most a minor inconvenience. If you under do it and you get sick you'll have more regret about that and feel bad. If you did your best to prepare yourself and take whatever precautions and still something were to happen well that's an unfortunate part of life but there's no regret over it either. You did what was in your power and things sometimes still happen even when you do your best to be prepared. Have a safe trip.
Yet there are some people who I cannot tell I am flying and that I am taking a huge risk doing so. But risk taking with mitigation of risk results in less risk. Like wearing a helmet when riding a bicycle and having a light on your bike when riding at/near dusk. Reduction of risk. Very few activities in life come with zero risk, except sitting at home and not leaving house--but with that comes the risk of isolation and attendant issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT