ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

OK- so, 1.5 episodes into The Jury and while it is good entertainment...well, ummm, there is zero, 0, Nada chance the one guy is jus an innocent member of society that happened to get called for jury duty.

Says he cant speak in front of a crowd and is perfectly comfortable in front of the camera, has the perfect line and setup at all times...

Complete BS and wish they did it for real as it would have been great.
Reality shows have never had anything to do with reality.

Went back and watching Lost…first 4 episodes in. You can see how it won viewers…if I remember, the last couple of years just seemed to get away from it but it was still one of the few shows that I spent a week just waiting for the next episode.

And on a different note- I just wasted almost 2 hours of life watching Tim Roth in Sundown (Hulu).I kept going as it seemed it was going to have something big in it and the “trailer” was so deceiving- but I give it a 0/10 on my rating. Maybe worst of all time.

Just found a show called Jury Duty on Amazon. Pretty funny first two episodes.

It’s an interesting premise from two of the producers/writers from the office. Hidden camera show meets Mockumentary.

It’s a fake trial..everyone involved from the judge to the courtroom workers to the jurors are actors. Except one person, who thinks he’s filming a documentary about jury duty while serving on a real jury. Funny stuff happens during the course of the trial…..

Based on the first two episodes (quick 20 plus minute episodes) I’d recommend.
I have an issue with this show and quit watching. While parts are amusing, the whole premise is only the one guy is real and all the others are actors. A great deal of the interactions don’t even involve the guy who is being duped.

Just saw HBO Max has come out with Warrior season 3 after a 3 year hiatus. I thought that was pretty good series but I’ll have to refresh my memory on it.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Looks like no Peaky Blinders movie to finish the series until 2024.
I would think there are a number of potentially interesting series that could be developed focusing on the time before the current PB series but what do I know.

Just finished Severance, really liked it, but they wrap up nothing to end the season.

I was late to this show as it looks like it came out in 2022. Next season isn't until 2024, that is way too long a wait with that level of cliff hanger.

Reactions: wheezer
OK- so, 1.5 episodes into The Jury and while it is good entertainment...well, ummm, there is zero, 0, Nada chance the one guy is jus an innocent member of society that happened to get called for jury duty.

Says he cant speak in front of a crowd and is perfectly comfortable in front of the camera, has the perfect line and setup at all times...

Complete BS and wish they did it for real as it would have been great.
I'm sure they combed through potential candidates. And of course they edit the heck of it. They weren't going to pick a introvert, and they pick his best lines. I think it was legit.

Had anyone tried to watch The Idol on HBO? It is uniquely terrible for me. Unwatchable.
A malnourished The Weekend is so charismatic he controls the minds of a pack of tweekers that want to be in the music biz.

Johnny Depp's smoking hot daughter gets naked a lot and has intercourse with said Weekend because he's so irresistible.

Did I get the plot right?

Axe is back!!! Good first episode of the final season of Billions.
I will only watch if he’s dressed in a Megadeth or Metallica tshirt lol
damian lewis axe GIF by Billions

Reactions: MadRU
Binging Peaky Blinders right now. First 2 seasons were great. Still enjoying it in season 4, but the writing has gotten a bit lazy. Suffering from what I call "Sons of Anarchy" syndrome, where you have to suspend disbelief in order to get past some of the contrivances.

Rewatched all of black mirror…the last two seasons: abysmal
Grace and Frankie: not bad
New unsolved mysteries…pretty good, but I’m inclined to like true crime
Manifest…great idea…got exhausting really fast
Away: just awful…
The good place…love it
Travelers: it was canceled at the perfect time…
Disappeared…so good

Binging Peaky Blinders right now. First 2 seasons were great. Still enjoying it in season 4, but the writing has gotten a bit lazy. Suffering from what I call "Sons of Anarchy" syndrome, where you have to suspend disbelief in order to get past some of the contrivances.
Agree but still one of the best series ever

Watched Suits when it was on USA. Good show but lost a little mojo towards the end. Didn't realize it was catching on in streaming again.

Watched Suits when it was on USA. Good show but lost a little mojo towards the end. Didn't realize it was catching on in streaming again.

Always felt bad for the actor playing Mike...Megan goes and marries a prince and his role gets cut. lol

I tend to do Suits and Mad Men back to back. Love both shows and have seen both series twice

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Rewatching The Walking Dead. I watched one time before and somewhere around season 10- I became detached but I think it was more due to me not watching that season until 2 years after I watched the previous.
First few season are brilliant.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Went down a rabbit hole with the Mrs. and re-watched the first two episodes of Lost In Space on Amazon Prime for a good laugh. Funny how it never seemed so cringey growing up.

Just watched the first episode of The Fall of House Usher. Same person that did The Haunting of Hill House.

Since I had to buy Peacock for the Wisconsin game, really enjoying "The Continental". Don't like that for a paid streaming service I have to watch 3 minutes of commercials before each episode.

Reactions: jtung230
Went back and watching Lost…first 4 episodes in. You can see how it won viewers…if I remember, the last couple of years just seemed to get away from it but it was still one of the few shows that I spent a week just waiting for the next episode.

And on a different note- I just wasted almost 2 hours of life watching Tim Roth in Sundown (Hulu).I kept going as it seemed it was going to have something big in it and the “trailer” was so deceiving- but I give it a 0/10 on my rating. Maybe worst of all time.
Lost was a classic case of having a great idea and a nice story arc planned.. then they hit is SO BIG.. they STRETCHED IT OUT.. and lost their way.

Interestingly, if you go the other way it fails as well.. as was the case of Game of Thrones. They had actual novels.. a great story to reference.. and did great. But the COST of doing it so well.. well, HBO had to start cutting corners.. they needed it to end.. and rightly so because GRRM still has not ended it... that is unbelievable. He is busy trying to stay in the limelight with all his other BS works... and Bayonne boy letting us all down. So the GoT sho runners sped things up... had crap scripts that hit bullet points from teh books and from some lame outline to hit to get to the ending.

Two different problems.. same results.. no direction and poor writing after two amazing starts that captured the public imagination.

I think the ideal might be to have FIXED numbers of years/episodes from the outset. And don't start until you know exactly where teh story goes and how it gets there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT