ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

I wanted to like the father but I didn’t. The rest of the family I find annoying lol. It’s because I really wanted to like it that I gave it the full season to win me over but it didn’t.

Everyone has different tastes right.
Gonna come back and amend this. For some reason, hearing about season 4 of Succession spurred me to watch season 2.

It started slow for me but then picked up and I enjoyed it. The show has gone up from 1 out of 5 stars for me to maybe 3.5-3.75 stars. If season 3 and 4 are the same as season 2, I could really end up liking the show after not liking it at all through season 1.

It’s reminding me of GoT which I watched way after the series finished. Season 1 was eh but pushing through I found seasons 2-6 were great and the show overall was very good and hype worthy.

I think sometimes it’s good to have a backlog of episodes if not the whole series to watch. You can push through the slow episodes or season with the ability to get to the “other side” and hopefully it’s good there when you arrive.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Gonna come back and amend this. For some reason, hearing about season 4 of Succession spurred me to watch season 2.

It started slow for me but then picked up and I enjoyed it. The show has gone up from 1 out of 5 stars for me to maybe 3.5-3.75 stars. If season 3 and 4 are the same as season 2, I could really end up liking the show after not liking it at all through season 1.

It’s reminding me of GoT which I watched way after the series finished. Season 1 was eh but pushing through I found seasons 2-6 were great and the show overall was very good and hype worthy.

I think sometimes it’s good to have a backlog of episodes if not the whole series to watch. You can push through the slow episodes or season with the ability to get to the “other side” and hopefully it’s good there when you arrive.

Season 4 (the final season) is off to a great start.

Binged The Diplomat on Netflix. Political drama, the first 7 episodes were decent, but the last episode (8) makes it worth the watch.

Watched the first episode last night and liked it a lot. Kerri Russell (The Americans) and Rufus Sewell (Man in the High Castle) are great. Kept thinking about them playing the roles of American diplomats when they formerly portrayed a Commie and a Nazi.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I am watching Mad Men for the 2nd time. It is so much better the 2nd time through. Loved it the first time I watched it but you miss so many of the little things. My favorite is one of the first season early episodes where the little girl comes in with a clear plastic dry cleaning bag over her head down to about her knees. And you see the plastic being sucked into the girl's mouth as she is trying to breath and the mother, Betty, is only concerned that "If the clothes from that dry cleaning bag are on the floor of my closet, you're going to be a sorry young lady,"

Just started watching Yellowstone, it’s good so far. Kind of gives me the feel of a modern day Dallas.
Finally started watching a few weeks ago and already on season 4. Great show but my god I find the daughter incredibly annoying. No one acts like that in real life. She would have been a great soap opera actress back in the day

Last edited:
Netflix is coming out with a reality version of Squid Game. My brother is in the show but he won’t tell us anything other than it was harder than he anticipated Retirement fun I guess. Not sure when it’s airing

Barry and Somebody Somewhere just came out with new seasons on HBO and are really solid so far. Cant speak highly enough about Somebody Somewhere. It’s such a nice show.

Additionally, a new season of The Other Two is coming out soon on HBO. If you like stuff like Schitt’s Creek, definitely check it out:

Last edited:
Just binged Halo on Paramount. Was pretty good. Held my attention. Wish there was more than 8 episodes.

I played the game religiously so I know the story - cool to see characters come to life.

Watched Shooter on Netflix. Based on the Mark Wahlberg movie. Three seasons, 31 episodes. Not bad.

Started watching Citadel on Amazon prime. First two episodes are available.

I like The Citadel so far. It's campy and totally unrealistic, but it is fun. I do enjoy Richard Madden - he's had a number of terrific roles over the years. Robb Stark from GOT, The Bodyguard, The Take, Medici. I'll always get him mistaken for Kit Harrington (which was hilariously done up in The Eternals).

So far so good.

I like The Citadel so far. It's campy and totally unrealistic, but it is fun.
That's all I need. Just make it fun, scary or mysterious. I really don't need a life lesson or lecture during my leisure time. If I want that, I'll watch a documentary. Definitely going to watch this after I'm done pushing through the end of the OA. At this point, I don't care if everyone dies and doesn't come back. Now I know why they didn't make a season 3.

Last edited:
I like The Citadel so far. It's campy and totally unrealistic, but it is fun. I do enjoy Richard Madden - he's had a number of terrific roles over the years. Robb Stark from GOT, The Bodyguard, The Take, Medici. I'll always get him mistaken for Kit Harrington (which was hilariously done up in The Eternals).

So far so good.
Yeah, corny dialogue at times and some Jason Bourne-esque fight scenes.

Yeah, corny dialogue at times and some Jason Bourne-esque fight scenes.
Have to say, the lead female makes believable fight scenes. So many of these shows have skinny waifs kicking butt and it makes little sense... but the fight scenes remind me of early Sean Connery Bond and what Daniel Craig brought back... fights where the "hero" pays a price and the outcome seems to be in jeopardy.

Will add "DIPLOMAT" on NETFLIX to the list. Good stuff.. international intrigue.

Have to say, the lead female makes believable fight scenes. So many of these shows have skinny waifs kicking butt and it makes little sense... but the fight scenes remind me of early Sean Connery Bond and what Daniel Craig brought back... fights where the "hero" pays a price and the outcome seems to be in jeopardy.

Will add "DIPLOMAT" on NETFLIX to the list. Good stuff.. international intrigue.
priyanka chopra is pretty hot too.

And holy sh*t I thought Succession was great last night. The balcony scene. Connor doing his thing. The Gojo douche being the Gojo douche. Loved the episode. Great acting.

And holy sh*t I thought Succession was great last night. The balcony scene. Connor doing his thing. The Gojo douche being the Gojo douche. Loved the episode. Great acting.

IRL Gojo. 🤣

511BLSRrW8L.jpg

Fatal Attraction (Amazon Prime for 3 episodes then it is on Paramount+)
👍

Love Death (HBO)
👎

Just found a show called Jury Duty on Amazon. Pretty funny first two episodes.

It’s an interesting premise from two of the producers/writers from the office. Hidden camera show meets Mockumentary.

It’s a fake trial..everyone involved from the judge to the courtroom workers to the jurors are actors. Except one person, who thinks he’s filming a documentary about jury duty while serving on a real jury. Funny stuff happens during the course of the trial…..

Based on the first two episodes (quick 20 plus minute episodes) I’d recommend.

Reactions: RUTGERS95

It’s an interesting premise from two of the producers/writers from the office. Hidden camera show meets Mockumentary.

It’s a fake trial..everyone involved from the judge to the courtroom workers to the jurors are actors. Except one person, who thinks he’s filming a documentary about jury duty while serving on a real jury. Funny stuff happens during the course of the trial…..

Tonight, on a very special episode Truman goes to jury duty.

Watching Silo on Apple TV. Dystopian mystery is how I would explain it. Pretty good so far.

Edit: Started off great but then quickly took a downhill turn. I would not recommend as now it's just dragging.

Last edited:
Started watching FUBAR on Netflix with Arnold Schwarzenegger. A few episodes in, I find it to be a funny, pleasant and light (relatively speaking) action comedy series.

Just finished the series finale of BARRY.

THAT is the way to end a series like that. And it’s ironic that this was Season 4 of Barry when DEXTER should’ve ended that series after Season 4. Of course Dexter managed to F🤬🤬🤬 up their Fianles TWICE!!!!

But 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 for BARRY!!!!

Reactions: okieKnight908

Thanks for the recommendation.

It’s great. Helps that the “stooge” seems like a really great guy.

Only annoyance is that it’s “Freevee”. Freevee is owned by Amazon but the shows have commercials. They created a loophole so that I have to pay to watch it AND watch commercials. Obviously, I’m spoiled. I forgot how the commercials are a great time to take the garbage out or fold the laundry or refill my beverage!

Freevee is actually a standalone app that is free with ads. All of the Freevee content is also on Prime Video, which is a paid service.

OK- so, 1.5 episodes into The Jury and while it is good entertainment...well, ummm, there is zero, 0, Nada chance the one guy is jus an innocent member of society that happened to get called for jury duty.

Says he cant speak in front of a crowd and is perfectly comfortable in front of the camera, has the perfect line and setup at all times...

Complete BS and wish they did it for real as it would have been great.

Just got Max and have been enjoying The Sopranos again

Just got Max and have been enjoying The Sopranos again
I only watched it in bits and pieces when it first aired- Shows like Sopranos, Lost, etc...I just idnt have the time to worry about what was coming on one day or another. So busy at work and travel, mostly for work, etc...And maybe a beautiful woman or two as I was enjoying my first couple years of divorce. lol
But binged lost about 10 years ago and loved it but feel I almost have to again and binged Soprano's just last year for my first time through.

Just a great show and loved it.

Reactions: RuBird
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT