ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Bingeable/ Weekly Show Right Now…

Don't feel bad, I've been sick the last 5 days and finally started watching Game of Thrones. Buzzed through 4 seasons already, its really good for those who haven't seen.
Yea I watched GOT way after the fact. Downtown Abbey same. Yellowstone I have recorded on DVR and it will be the same. You get to it when you get to it.

No matter how late you are there are still a bunch who haven’t seen whatever it is. Just look at the movies you haven’t seen thread. As long you get enjoyment from it that’s all that counts, timeline for watching is irrelevant.

Yea I watched GOT way after the fact. Downtown Abbey same. Yellowstone I have recorded on DVR and it will be the same. You get to it when you get to it.

No matter how late you are there are still a bunch who haven’t seen whatever it is. Just look at the movies you haven’t seen thread. As long you get enjoyment from it that’s all that counts, timeline for watching is irrelevant.
Downtown Abbey will surprise you in how much you will like it. It is on top of my list of unexpected favorite shows.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Downtown Abbey will surprise you in how much you will like it. It is on top of my list of unexpected favorite shows.
Yea I’ve seen DA and I liked it. I’ve seen the movies too. I watched it around the same time as GOT. Both I began watching many years after they started and a handful of years after they finished.

I think it took a couple months to get through it, just like GOT. We don’t binge like others might, watching a bunch of episodes in a day. Maybe 1-2 episodes of a particular show most days and flipping between different show for variety. On rare occasions, maybe 3-4 episodes of a show but that doesn’t happen often.

Yellowstone will likely be the next “late to the party” show lol. I think it’s already 5 seasons in and I’m not sure when I’ll start it.

Episode 3 was strangely a gay version of “The Notebook”. This show is pretty slow-moving.
Yeah episode 3 was not an action packed episode. Very slow.
I agree, took them 3 episodes just to get out of the Quarantine Zone and to a place they could walk to in a day. By time they hit Wyoming it'll be season 10. I guess they had to get the social justice episode out of the way, so critics would start raving about it. And it worked, they're clapping like trained seals now.

• Haha
Reactions: Morrischiano
Been watching Ted Lasso over the past couple months, definitely one of my favorite all-time shows, Can't wait for Season 3 to start, maybe the start date gets announced during the SuperBowl?

Also: Deadwind (Netflix), Finnish crime series, Season 3 was the best so far. Inspektor Max (MhZ Choice) a one-season Czech detective series that I thought was weird at first, but grew on me.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Been watching Ted Lasso over the past couple months, definitely one of my favorite all-time shows, Can't wait for Season 3 to start, maybe the start date gets announced during the SuperBowl?
Loved season 1 of Ted Lasso. Season 2 was okay for me. Supposedly season 3 might be the final one.

Has anyone seen Paul T Goldman on Peacock? Quick binge only 6 short episodes, but it's quite a trip. Best to go in not knowing too much, but it's a documentary about the making of the title character's book, described as:

One man's efforts to uncover the truth thrust him into a labyrinth of fraud, deception, and criminality that transform him "from wimp to warrior".

Started Boardwalk Empire 2 weeks ago and just finished season 3. The last 2 episodes of season 3 were the best of the series so far. Always thought about watching this series but i hate that early 1900s era. Glad i watched and is solid 7/7.5 to me....

Started Boardwalk Empire 2 weeks ago and just finished season 3. The last 2 episodes of season 3 were the best of the series so far. Always thought about watching this series but i hate that early 1900s era. Glad i watched and is solid 7/7.5 to me....
Big fan of the early seasons of Boardwalk - 1, 2, and 3. Killing you know who at the end of season 2 was a big mistake and sorely hurt the longevity of the show. Seasons 4 and 5 are worth watching, but both are a big step down in quality.

Big fan of the early seasons of Boardwalk - 1, 2, and 3. Killing you know who at the end of season 2 was a big mistake and sorely hurt the longevity of the show. Seasons 4 and 5 are worth watching, but both are a big step down in quality.
I agree could've been so many more scenarios had James lived...

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Shrinking is a show on AppleTV+ I’ve just started watching. It’s a comedy with Harrison Ford and Jason Segel and it’s good so far.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker

Also: Deadwind (Netflix), Finnish crime series, Season 3 was the best so far. Inspektor Max (MhZ Choice) a one-season Czech detective series that I thought was weird at first, but grew on me.
March 15th

Reactions: Section124
The Terminal List is well worth the watch. I usually hate Chris Pratt’s performances but he was good in this limited series as a Seal gone nuts.

Reactions: Jm0513
Recently finished up Slow Horses season 2 on Apple TV+ …still enjoyable and Gary Oldman’s character still cracking me up.

Reactions: raritan1
Started watching daisy jones and the six on Amazon Prime. Just watched episode one.

Really like the music.

A lot of stuff from the 60s and 70s.

Los Angeles Whiskey A GoGo etc

Last edited:
OK @MadRU , @Morrischiano and @bac2therac I know you have been watching Last of Us and anyone else want to chime in please do. In the last episode what the hell happened at the end to the rest of the people in the cult/town? This show is really starting to lose me.

Last edited:
OK @MadRU , @Morrischiano and @bac2therac I know you have been watching Last of Us and anyone else want to chime in please do. In the last episode what the hell happened to the rest of the people in the cult/town? This show is really starting to lose me.
I kind of half watched the last episode. Show really hasn’t been great. If something happened to them I missed it. I know they were starving and thought the preacher and other guy went out for food and came across the two main characters.

I was watching the episode Sunday. Halfway through it I thought..."I don't give a f..." and turned it off.
I couldnt get through 2 episodes...btw- for anyone that got further- did they bring anything original to the story that has not been in 100 shows and movies before it?

• Haha
I couldnt get through 2 episodes...btw- for anyone that got further- did they bring anything original to the story that has not been in 100 shows and movies before it?
I’m the same. Watched the first two episodes of Last of Us but haven’t gone further and not sure that I will.

Reactions: Morrischiano
OK @MadRU , @Morrischiano and @bac2therac I know you have been watching Last of Us and anyone else want to chime in please do. In the last episode what the hell happened at the end to the rest of the people in the cult/town? This show is really starting to lose me.
@koleszar Is it good? I was thinking of starting it later tonight.

I finished Sons Of Anarchy.
I loved the roles of Peg Bundy and Wendy Rhoades in this series.(IYKYK)
sons of anarchy soa GIF

I’m considering hanging at Rutt’s Hut for motorcycle night. lmao

@MadRU Another Chicago PD break? I’m over this show. I need Voight to have more screentime.

Shrinking(?) was recommended to me. Anyone watching it?

Reactions: newell138

sons of anarchy soa GIF

@MadRU Another Chicago PD break? I’m over this show. I need Voight to have more screentime.

Have you tried Daisy Jones and the six on Amazon Prime. Not bad so far, some good music.

Started off great, then got slower. They started trying to hit every social agenda topic of the day. This started to drag the show down. I'm sure critics loved it, but for me it really didn't forward the story. Some background great, almost an entire episode for someone who doesn't make it past the next really doesn't move it along. Felt more like those stories were just stuck in there to score woke points. The character Bill could have been such a great character, but they completely wasted him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513

sons of anarchy soa GIF

I’m up to date with Shrinking. I think it’s a good comedy. Harrison Ford in that kind of role is a little different and it works for me. Not a fan of Jason Segel but he’s okay in it.

On another note, just saw an Idris Elba movie come out on Netflix where he plays a detective called Luther. I see it’s based on a British series he was in a decade plus ago. I see the series is on Hulu so I’ll probably give it a go to see if it’s any good.

Reactions: raritan1 and Jm0513
The third season of “Outer Banks” is finally out.

Not great reviews so we’ll see. Boys home from college didn’t even want to watch. 🤷‍♂️

Some show thoughts here

Love the whole Yellowstone Universe but WTF with short seasons and finals that just don't feel like season finals. Both Yellowstone and 1923 ended up the year and I had no idea that was it.
Which brings me to...I need to go back to only watching shows that have a full season I can binge as I hating for the "next week"

Also- Survivor. Have always been such a huge fan of Survivor(even sent in a tape one time) and Amazing race.
Last year, was a good season for Survivor, making up for the previous year where they were just trying too hard to be PC.
This year, it seems they are back on hardcore PC again. First year I can recall that there is not a single attractive person on the entire cast. And they go so far out of their way to make sure the cast has a high number of gay and minority. And while there is nothing wrong with either- I am sure the % is 5-10x higher in those demographics being selected. 4 gay out of 18 and 9 minority out of 18 is just going PC way too much.
Not sure I am enjoying this season as much

• Love
Reactions: newell138
How does MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN rattle your skulls here? I think it’s a good show (not great) until it’s dragged down by the female who is not worth ANY AGGRAVATION WHATSOEVER!!! It’s ok until she pops up.

Or is it just me? (Or does it just suck?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT