ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Thanksgiving Food

What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

• GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • YAMS/SWEET POTATOES

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • CRANBERRY SAUCE

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • APPLE/PUMPKIN/PECAN PIE

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • TURKEY

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • CORN

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • STUFFIN

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • GRAVY

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • MASHED POTATOES

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • OTHER: MCDONALDS/OX TAIL/STUFFED SHELLS/PIEORGIES

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters
I roast little white potatoes (from a can) in the turkey fat for hours until they are extremely crispy on the outside. That is the favorite thing in our house.

BTW, the Little Teddy was my Thanksgiving meal on more than one occasion. It was pretty damn good!
That sounds fantastic.. similar to one of my favorites.. you need not wait for thanksgiving.. There are lots of variations.. this is but one.. very easy to make...

roasted halved baby potatoes

Great with chicken.
Unacceptable on thanksgiving.
Unless of course you are unlucky and have to attend Thanksgiving at a relative or in law that can’t cook.

Happens frequently when people are first married and the holiday split lands you at a terrible cook’s home.

I like the fact that there are multiple great foods to select from.

At a normal meal you get a vegetable prepared very simply but at Thanksgiving we have 5 or 6 vegetable dishes prepared in a way the we only see at Thanksgiving.

I heard this year we will see a new dish of green beans and beets and feta cheese. It is not something I would generally eat but I can’t wait to give it a try.

If I don’t like it there are at least 5 others to try.

With a group everyone contributes, hence the variety. My contribution to my group is butternut squash/apple/curry side that gets popped into a blender with a little half and half to mix it all up.

With a group everyone contributes, hence the variety. My contribution to my group is butternut squash/apple/curry side that gets popped into a blender with a little half and half to mix it all up.
That is what we do. My brother and his wife make the turkey, stuffing and one side. My sister makes multiple pies and my daughter and nieces make different vegetable side dishes.

I bring all the stuff for the before dinner snacks like multiple types of cheese, nuts, pickles, olives and all that other stuff that goes along with it.

My parents and aunts have been relieved of making anything for the past 15 years or so.

And everyone brings wine and beer.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Pecan pie cheese cake. Traditional pecan pie amd cheesecake recipes but the combo is perfection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT