ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Melody reunion night

Wonder if Matt P is gonna show up. There’s an BB game tonight so I don’t expect things to get going until after that.

Hmmm. Would think attendance would be down with a home bb game going on. Very poor planning especially with Matt P flying in.
But then again, the night is young !

Hmmm. Would think attendance would be down with a home bb game going on. Very poor planning especially with Matt P flying in.
But then again, the night is young !
The event starts at 7 p.m., and the game will be over at about 8 p.m. Most people don't show up to bars or events immediately after they open. Timing is fine.

Unless he went hiking in NJ at 10 a.m. dressed in a short sleeve shirt, he is probably in California.

The event starts at 7 p.m., and the game will be over at about 8 p.m. Most people don't show up to bars or events immediately after they open. Timing is fine.

Unless he went hiking in NJ at 10 a.m. dressed in a short sleeve shirt, he is probably in California.

MEDIA=twitter]1497588091418120193[/MEDIA]
He lost a lot of weight, right? Didn’t he have alcohol and substance abuse issues?
I wonder if it is difficult for him to be in a bar and around people drinking?
I think I ask these same questions every year. Lol

Last edited:
He lost a lot of weight, right? Didn’t he have alcohol and substance abuse issues?
I wonder if it is difficult for him to be in a bar and around people drinking?
I think I ask these same questions every year. Lol
He was also hit by a car. He is in a lot of pictures in bars. I thought he might be a DJ for the event.

From Tennessee?

Why would he fly across the country and leave Los Angeles in February to come to cold NJ for a weekend?
You’re right.. I’m a little stalker hahah
XMRy91f.jpg

You’re right.. I’m a little stalker hahah
XMRy91f.jpg
Matt's in a good place right now. Geographically and in life. But Moose (sitting in Tennessee) is disappointed he did not leave the warmth of Los Angeles to show up for a silly reunion that Moose never has and never will attend. 🙄

I went to a reunion a few years ago, and it was not our thing. The wife and I left after about an hour. The people who were really into it were having a great time, and good for them. We prefer live bands, not DJs.

Doubt that vest is "coyote-proof".. but if it makes you feel better

I loved the Melody back in the day. It was special. Along with the good music and dancing, there were people who'd steal coats and jackets and even buttons off them.. It is gone and you cannot get it back at a reunion... but, again.. if it makes you feel better...

Reactions: RUScrew85
Doubt that vest is "coyote-proof".. but if it makes you feel better

I loved the Melody back in the day. It was special. Along with the good music and dancing, there were people who'd steal coats and jackets and even buttons off them.. It is gone and you cannot get it back at a reunion... but, again.. if it makes you feel better...
Why would you doubt it? Did you cheer for Wiley Coyote over Roadrunner? 😜

Looks like this vest from Amazon, which has 89% 4 and 5 star ratings:

51sQFq4hizL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

+1
Sooner or later, folks need to leave behind their personal St. Elmo Fires and move on with life.
To each their own. If people like to get together with their old crowd and relive good times at a place they spent a lot of time at in college, and they have a good time, good for them.

Some don't feel that way.
Never been to, and probably never will go to a high school reunion. I have no need to relive the past. But some have a great time at these things.
The movie Old School, while mostly a bad movie, was on point here for me.

old-school-comedy.gif

d22fa6aa-3364-4313-bbcd-e74804ae9fc5_text.gif

To each their own. If people like to get together with their old crowd and relive good times at a place they spent a lot of time at in college, and they have a good time, good for them.

Some don't feel that way.
Never been to, and probably never will go to a high school reunion. I have no need to relive the past. But some have a great time at these things.
The movie Old School, while mostly a bad movie, was on point here for me.

old-school-comedy.gif

d22fa6aa-3364-4313-bbcd-e74804ae9fc5_text.gif
Good movie, well, at least some funny scenes. My sister always used to watch St. Elmo's Fire. All I remember is the song and at the end of the movie the characters all realize they are too old to keep going to the bar. LOL!

Reactions: Knight Shift
From Tennessee?

Why would he fly across the country and leave Los Angeles in February to come to cold NJ for a weekend?
I agree but #s indicated in a separate thread that he was planning on coming. As for my disappointment I guess I should have been more clear: I'm disappointed for those that will be attending and were looking forward to "Baldi's" appearance.

Last edited:
I agree but #s indicated in a separate thread that he was planning on coming. As for my disappointment I guess I should have been more clear: I'm disappointed for those that will be attending and were looking forward to "Baldi's" appearance.
Is Nimbers ok? Someone better check on him lol.

He’s a drama queen for posting that and so is the owner for putting her dog in that. Coyotes are more interested in cats and smaller dogs. They also don’t go after dogs with humans. It’s very unusual. They also don’t hunt during the day.

Like I said. Drama queens.

He’s a drama queen for posting that and so is the owner for putting her dog in that. Coyotes are more interested in cats and smaller dogs. They also don’t go after dogs with humans. It’s very unusual. They also don’t hunt during the day.

This. Was having a smoke in my backyard about a week ago at around 3a. Two coyotes come running down the DW and through my yard about 10 seconds apart. Not sure if they won't go after cats though. My three boys like to go out but I make sure the sun is up before I let them.

A hairstylist to the celebs out there(founder of Ouai products -which are amazing lol) had a horrific encounter with a coyote a few months back. They heard their tiny dog scream and couldn’t get her fast enough.
Sadly it was all of video from their home cameras. The coyote grabbed the dog and ran over a 7ft fence.. They found the dogs remains in an abandoned yard an hour later. Heartbreaking story.
They say the coyotes are sneaky little bastards.
I saw this not that long ago…maybe he was sick? Kinda cute, right? 😳

becp2my.jpg

A hairstylist to the celebs out there(founder of Ouai products -which are amazing lol) had a horrific encounter with a coyote a few months back. They heard their tiny dog scream and couldn’t get her fast enough.
Sadly it was all of video from their home cameras. The coyote grabbed the dog and ran over a 7ft fence.. They found the dogs remains in an abandoned yard an hour later. Heartbreaking story.
They say the coyotes are sneaky little bastards.
I saw this not that long ago…maybe he was sick? Kinda cute, right? 😳

becp2my.jpg

I live in Benedict Canyon. I see them all the time. Every week I see new flyers up about lost small dogs and cats. General rule is if you don't have your animal back in 24 hours, it's gone.

The come out more in the summer when there is really little water around. They will drink from pools.

Here's a good story though. A while back we saw a cat hanging around our pool. My wife could tell it wasn't a feral. It look mangled but there was something about it that told you it was domesticated. We put food out and an animal carrier with some blankets as it was cold. He didn't take to the carrier but he ate food. My neighbor wound up catching him and he was chipped.

Dude's name was Bonaparte and he came from over a mile away from the other side of the canyon. He was missing for a month. He was a stud. To stay alive that long traversing the areas where coyotes live and work is legend. They connected with his people on the Next Door app and the story had a happy ending.

Hope those who went enjoyed that get together and they can be great fun getting together with friends from back in the day that you haven't seen in a long time.
Reunions can be great fun, those that don't appreciate the idea can ignore the ones they know about.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Hope those who went enjoyed that get together and they can be great fun getting together with friends from back in the day that you haven't seen in a long time.
Reunions can be great fun, those that don't appreciate the idea can ignore the ones they know about.
In a long time? Don't they have one a couple times a year? Not being a smart ass but this pops up a lot on here.

In a long time? Don't they have one a couple times a year? Not being a smart ass but this pops up a lot on here.
don't know if a couple times a year.
Might be that or once a year and seems more often.
All I know is , if you enjoy them , go.
If you don't, why knock someone else's pleasure that doesn't harm anyone.

Reactions: Plum Street
I did the video stream for the reunion they had at the New Brunswick Elks club this past fall, we were setting up and watching us play Michigan. I forget the DJ's name who ran it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT