ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Ryan Field

Construction is underway. Next two seasons won’t be played at Ryan field. Wrigley may get a few but today they announced they will be playing most home games at their lakeside practice field!

Just bizarre. Would have been genius in. 2020

But will be cool if you actually get a ticket.

Probably trying to get their alumni's attention to help fund the team to play at soldier field/wriggly for 2 seasons.

I loved the old stadium. Certainly not a dump. Classic place. Just because something isn't modern doesn't make it a dump.
I agree...while it was in major need of renovation it wasn't a dump. When I think of dumps I think of erector set monstrosities like Beaver Stadium or Legion Field in Birmingham. They have a classic charm to them like Fenway or Wrigley field. I wish they would have renovated but sometimes it cheaper to build new. Honestly if I was in charge Ryan Field would have been renovated and Beaver stadium would have been demolished and rebuilt.

Probably trying to get their alumni's attention to help fund the team to play at soldier field/wriggly for 2 seasons.
Wrigley is unavailable for any games until November and Soldier field is being used by the Chicago Fire 4 of the 5 other home games. So at a minimum 4 games will be played on campus. I have a feeling they will play home games against Ohio State, Illinois and possibly Wisconsin in alternative venues in 2024. On campus will be fine for Miami OH, Duke, Eastern Illinois and Indiana games.

Wrigley is unavailable for any games until November and Soldier field is being used by the Chicago Fire 4 of the 5 other home games. So at a minimum 4 games will be played on campus. I have a feeling they will play home games against Ohio State, Illinois and possibly Wisconsin in alternative venues in 2024. On campus will be fine for Miami OH, Duke, Eastern Illinois and Indiana games.
Let's be real, Cubs won't make the playoff ;)

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Let's be real, Cubs won't make the playoff ;)
The curse is broken so never say never. The problem is that MLB requires teams even like the Pirates to have their facilities available to use even as unlikely a playoff run would be. One of the two October games is Indiana which I think as is the soccer stadium seats enough.

When I think of dumps I think of erector set monstrosities like Beaver Stadium or Legion Field in Birmingham... Honestly if I was in charge Ryan Field would have been renovated and Beaver stadium would have been demolished and rebuilt.
Just did a double take. While you've always been a reasonably balanced poster from Nit-land, this direct criticism of Beaver Stadium is almost unheard of. Be careful, you may be excommunicated by the Cult speaking such blasphemies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT