ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Worth while 2 game sussy. Hes already feared on the forecheck as it is. Now with the fact hes nuking guys, its gonna cause more and more turnovers.

Oh and also, he was responsible for the game winning goal. Kids a player and the league needs more guys like him

He's a fine 4th liner, but again, he has ALOT to learn. Cant continue to keep cheap shotting players.

He needs to show restraint, better to miss the hit than to extend the elbow and cost your team.

The idea that he "keeps throwing" cheapshots is just BS. THIS one crossed the line, keep his elbow down, and its barely being discussed.

But, I expect 3 games as a message. I don't think the max suspension is required here because it is a first time offense and the on ice officials got the infraction right; including the misconduct. Time will tell, but I also expect the Rangers to be judicious about dressing him because he does need to learn when to go and when not to. And when is NOT when MacDermid thinks he should, what an ass.

He needs to show restraint, better to miss the hit than to extend the elbow and cost your team.

The idea that he "keeps throwing" cheapshots is just BS. THIS one crossed the line, keep his elbow down, and its barely being discussed.

But, I expect 3 games as a message. I don't think the max suspension is required here because it is a first time offense and the on ice officials got the infraction right; including the misconduct. Time will tell, but I also expect the Rangers to be judicious about dressing him because he does need to learn when to go and when not to. And when is NOT when MacDermid thinks he should, what an ass.
Sorry, but yesterday was a time when he had to “go” to settle the issue before he leaves.

Him not settling his battles means that another player who is more important, like Lindgren, Trouba or Cuylle will end up off of the ice for an extended time.

Yesterday only didn’t turn into a bigger mess because the Devils have pretty much quit at this point.

Reactions: RU Cheese
Sorry, but yesterday was a time when he had to “go” to settle the issue before he leaves.

Him not settling his battles means that another player who is more important, like Lindgren, Trouba or Cuylle will end up off of the ice for an extended time.

Yesterday only didn’t turn into a bigger mess because the Devils have pretty much quit at this point.

I understand your point, but I was referring more to not throwing the hit. Because he had to raise the elbow, he needed to turn away and choose another hit at a different point.

He was willing to fight, think the refs jumped the gun. And I absolutely detest when people say that we'll just take out your guy. There is an honor code amongst the gritty guys in the NHL, and that goes against it in my opinion, because it sets a cycle in motion. You hit Panarin because of Rempe, then I'm going after Jack, and so on.

I understand your point, but I was referring more to not throwing the hit. Because he had to raise the elbow, he needed to turn away and choose another hit at a different point.

He was willing to fight, think the refs jumped the gun. And I absolutely detest when people say that we'll just take out your guy. There is an honor code amongst the gritty guys in the NHL, and that goes against it in my opinion, because it sets a cycle in motion. You hit Panarin because of Rempe, then I'm going after Jack, and so on.
I’m not worried about someone going after Panarin. I don’t want to lose Trouba or Lindgren for half a game because they have to clean up one of Rempe’s messes.

I’m not worried about someone going after Panarin. I don’t want to lose Trouba or Lindgren for half a game because they have to clean up one of Rempe’s messes.

Losing Trouba for half a game is always a risk because, inexplicably, he is required to fight after CLEAN hits.

If the refs let them go, that wouldn't bother me.
I'm not sure it would have ended as well as MacDermid has it playing out in his head, but pretty sure we'll find out in their next game.

First cheap shot of his nhl career. Has to keep elbow tucked

The guy has about 10:00 more PIM thru his first 10 games than TOI. It’s absurd and unless he learns how to play correctly in the NHL…he won’t be here for long.

The guy has about 10:00 more PIM thru his first 10 games than TOI. It’s absurd and unless he learns how to play correctly in the NHL…he won’t be here for long.
Of those PIM, overwhelmingly majority is fights. Hes been an impactful player. He was responsible for the game winning goal

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
The majority of those penalty minutes is the other teams’ goons challenging him in his first 3-4 games.

But I get Devils fans being pissed. Last night’s hit was way too far over the line.

Of those PIM, overwhelmingly majority is fights. Hes been an impactful player. He was responsible for the game winning goal

Impactful or not..he has to learn to control how he plays. He controls his physicality better and he’s a very solid 4th liner.

The majority of those penalty minutes is the other teams’ goons challenging him in his first 3-4 games.

But I get Devils fans being pissed. Last night’s hit was way too far over the line.

Whatever the reason…those numbers aren’t a recipe for success in todays NHL.

Meh, the hit wasn't that bad. Mostly due to the Devils player being so much shorter that his head it naturally at Rempe's elbow/shoulder height.

Meh, the hit wasn't that bad. Mostly due to the Devils player being so much shorter that his head it naturally at Rempe's elbow/shoulder height.

hit was an illegal elbow through and through. Watch it again. He raises his elbow to siegenthalers head.

I’m a Rangers fan. It was a bad hit. Elbow clearly raised and contact first to the head.

Four games for Rempe; I was expecting three, but there was no question something was going to happen.

good that the league is being “too excessive” with these hits

No need for them in the game.

Agree. Keep your head up. But hits to head aren’t allowed, head up or down.

Agree..our opinions mean nothing lol

Agree. Keep your head up. But hits to head aren’t allowed, head up or down.

Agree..our opinions mean nothing lol
Your point isn’t true based on the DOPS history. They constantly take into account whether the person who got hit had lowered their head or not when doling out punishment, just like they consider whether the hitter’s skates left the ice.

Your point isn’t true based on the DOPS history. They constantly take into account whether the person who got hit had lowered their head or not when doling out punishment, just like they consider whether the hitter’s skates left the ice.

DOPS..yes.

I’m talking about hit to head penalties. Gonna be called on the ice 100% whether or not the person who was hit had his head up or down. Those are dirty hits, no mattter what DOPS says.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Last 3 games were possibly the best 3 defensive games of the season. Igor back to brick wall status and the deadline guys fitting in very nicely.

Last 3 games were possibly the best 3 defensive games of the season. Igor back to brick wall status and the deadline guys fitting in very nicely.
They really should consider keeping Miller with Schneider when Trouba comes back. Miller has had a pretty meh year and then looked great in the last week.

Also, someday people will finally realize that Jones’ ability to move the puck far outweighs the downside of him being small and getting outphysicaled from time to time.

Reactions: ClassOf02
They really should consider keeping Miller with Schneider when Trouba comes back. Miller has had a pretty meh year and then looked great in the last week.

Also, someday people will finally realize that Jones’ ability to move the puck far outweighs the downside of him being small and getting outphysicaled from time to time.
I just indirectly posted something similar. Miller and Schneider both look worlds better (and Jones Gust pairing has been good) without Trouba.

Reactions: ClassOf02

Both teams played solid defensive games except for about a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd.

Puck hits him in the leg & finds the back of the net & now he's the second coming of Gordie Howe.

Puck hits him in the leg & finds the back of the net & now he's the second coming of Gordie Howe.
He also snipes and has it called a goal on ice and then gets overturned due to missing by a pube hair. And yeah, uhh, parking your big ass in front of a net is uhh good. Hockey 101.

Also, fyi, hes #2 on the rangers this season for xGF%, only behind filip chytil. But facts man, those damn facts

when the Devils are 3rd in the league in xGF%...ehh, not the best stat to use when analyzing a team or a player, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT