ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

when the Devils are 3rd in the league in xGF%...ehh, not the best stat to use when analyzing a team or a player, imo.
The devils are offensively gifted, no? Their issues are D and goalie. Oh, also, rempe also registered the 2nd fastest on ice skating speed on Monday vs the devils

The devils are offensively gifted, no? Their issues are D and goalie. Oh, also, rempe also registered the 2nd fastest on ice skating speed on Monday vs the devils

Not really this year..no. Middle of the pack.

Seems like we had a combined thread and the Devils fans cried for their own. Now they are here. Go figure.

well it’s pretty big news in the league and the devils were involved, so here we are, discussing, on a message board.

I dont have a problem with folks stopping by to talk hockey, but if there only purpose is to bash one of our players, then no thanks.

Rempe made a mistake (one he needs to learn from) with Siegenthaler, but I will defend the hit on Bastian; arms and elbows down stayed on his feet; good hit. If you don't like it, watch figure skating.

I dont have a problem with folks stopping by to talk hockey, but if there only purpose is to bash one of our players, then no thanks.

Rempe made a mistake (one he needs to learn from) with Siegenthaler, but I will defend the hit on Bastian; arms and elbows down stayed on his feet; good hit. If you don't like it, watch figure skating.

I’ve said this since I got here..he’s got learning to do..as a rookie, but also as an “enforcer”.

He’ll be a good consistent 4th line player once he learns.

Agree. Also easy to forget he's a 21 year old kid who through no fault of his own resulted in him being a target.

I've been very pleasantly surprised by his play sans his last hit.

Reactions: miker183
2 nights - 2 wins. Although we will see what this leg injury is for Lindgren . Zac Jones has been impressive in Trouba's absence , Looks like he may get further opportunity the next couple weeks, Rempe will be back on Tuesday

2 nights - 2 wins. Although we will see what this leg injury is for Lindgren . Zac Jones has been impressive in Trouba's absence , Looks like he may get further opportunity the next couple weeks, Rempe will be back on Tuesday
It did not look good, which means they're going to need a lot from Jones moving forwad.

Jones has looked very good. He should lock up that bottom pair LD going into next season. Hes so good with the puck on his stick. Hes a value to a team that needs a pp qb

I didnt think it looked that bad. It didnt appear to be an awkward bend like kakko’s did when he had the mcl
Hope you're right, but it was ackward, he immediately grabbed his knee, and put no weight on it. For a guy that tough it's not a good sign.

Nice win over the Bruins tonight. Looking at the schedule it’s tougher until the Colorado game then it’s a chance in the schedule to go on a run on the way into the playoffs. Panarin with his highest point total ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: hankee18 and zappaa
Nice win over the Bruins tonight. Looking at the schedule it’s tougher until the Colorado game then it’s a chance in the schedule to go on a run on the way into thd playoffs. Panarin with his highest point total ever.
One of the most impressive Ranger wins of the year considering the strong defensive effort against a physical team with their two toughest defensemen out injured.

This team has some juice.

1) Rempe was quiet tonight but the team plays with a different level of confidence when hes dressed

2) schneider is better than trouba and should remain paired with kandre. When trouba and lindy are back id have trouba playing 3rd pair.

3) panarin is the best ufa signing in franchise history. Epitomizes consistently. And dont give me the BS of playoffs last year playing in no system under cement head gallant. He’ll be a ppg performer these playoffs

Reactions: zappaa

1) Rempe was quiet tonight but the team plays with a different level of confidence when hes dressed

2) schneider is better than trouba and should remain paired with kandre. When trouba and lindy are back id have trouba playing 3rd pair.

3) panarin is the best ufa signing in franchise history. Epitomizes consistently. And dont give me the BS of playoffs last year playing in no system under cement head gallant. He’ll be a ppg performer these playoffs
I won't comment on third point until June, but I'd like nothing more than you to be correct.

If the Rangers had any brains/balls they would trade Trouba this summer for some younger assets on defense.
  • this is the summer his NMC turns into a 15 team no trade list
  • He would still have a lot of trade value as a tough experienced RHD with some offense
  • The Rangers have a pretty empty prospect pipeline on defense
  • Jones can be an every day 3rd pair defensemen, so why pay Trouba 8 million to do that (and Trouba is better than a 3rd pair defenseman on any team in the league that doesn’t have two other guys like Fox and Schneider so we would be wasting him here).

Reactions: KK1827

Agree with all of this.
Gus and K’Andre have also been stellar, along with Jones.
Trouba is a tough situation, he’s an animal and plays like a warrior but just to slow… technically he should be benched.
But playing him on the 3rd pair and using him situational is better than being scratched.
Coach and GM need to do what has to be done.
Ruhwedel is a tough guy, he might be better than Lindgren.

If the Rangers had any brains/balls they would trade Trouba this summer for some younger assets on defense.
  • this is the summer his NMC turns into a 15 team no trade list
  • He would still have a lot of trade value as a tough experienced RHD with some offense
  • The Rangers have a pretty empty prospect pipeline on defense
  • Jones can be an every day 3rd pair defensemen, so why pay Trouba 8 million to do that (and Trouba is better than a 3rd pair defenseman on any team in the league that doesn’t have two other guys like Fox and Schneider so we would be wasting him here).
Im not sure how valued trouba will be at that cap hit. 2 years $8mm per however just $12mm total owed in real money over those last 2 years. The blackhawks would probably value him. They have tons of cap space, tons of 2nd round picks and thirst for leadership. Plus troubas wife whos a doctor would have no problem finding employment in a big city like chicago.

Id trade him away for a 2nd rounder and have it be a salary dump, resign ruhwedel at league min for 3rd pair RHD or youll probably have more than enough cap space to sign Tanev at 2 X $3.5

Roll next year with

Lindy (6X 3.5)-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Tanev
Robertson

Leaves you with a tonnnn of cap space to fill holes at FWD. I’d sign one of wennberg/domi to slot into 3C and id look for a solid 1st line RW. Id probably roll with brett berard as 1st line RW

I think rookies wise, Robertson makes it as 7D due to his ELC expiring and having to clear waivers to go back down and then Berard, hes ready. Lets say

Kreider-Mika-Berard
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Domi/Wennberg/Chytil (if alive)-Kakko
Vesey-Goodrow-Rempe
Brodz

Not Rangers related news, but our good friend Tom Wilson got a six game suspension for trying to decapitate Noah Gregor with his stick.

Im not sure how valued trouba will be at that cap hit. 2 years $8mm per however just $12mm total owed in real money over those last 2 years. The blackhawks would probably value him. They have tons of cap space, tons of 2nd round picks and thirst for leadership. Plus troubas wife whos a doctor would have no problem finding employment in a big city like chicago.

Id trade him away for a 2nd rounder and have it be a salary dump, resign ruhwedel at league min for 3rd pair RHD or youll probably have more than enough cap space to sign Tanev at 2 X $3.5

Roll next year with

Lindy (6X 3.5)-Fox
Kandre-Schneider
Jones-Tanev
Robertson

Leaves you with a tonnnn of cap space to fill holes at FWD. I’d sign one of wennberg/domi to slot into 3C and id look for a solid 1st line RW. Id probably roll with brett berard as 1st line RW

I think rookies wise, Robertson makes it as 7D due to his ELC expiring and having to clear waivers to go back down and then Berard, hes ready. Lets say

Kreider-Mika-Berard
Panarin-Trocheck-Laff
Cuylle-Domi/Wennberg/Chytil (if alive)-Kakko
Vesey-Goodrow-Rempe
Brodz
Trouba is from Detroit so he would make sense there, as it’s one of the few places he would actually lower the average age of the defense corps.

Trouba is from Detroit so he would make sense there, as it’s one of the few places he would actually lower the average age of the defense corps.
Stevey Y doesnt go for those type of deals

Stevey Y doesnt go for those type of deals
Stevie Y’s reputation is taking a bit of a hit since he left Tampa. The defense corp he has built is Seider, the kind of underrated Maatta, and not kuch else that excites anyone. Trouba would help them at 2RHD, but the Rangers would probably have to take a defenseman with a shorter bad contract back as part of the deal.

Stevie Y’s reputation is taking a bit of a hit since he left Tampa. The defense corp he has built is Seider, the kind of underrated Maatta, and not kuch else that excites anyone. Trouba would help them at 2RHD, but the Rangers would probably have to take a defenseman with a shorter bad contract back as part of the deal.
I just dont think theyd want Trouba because yzermans been best known for trading guys before the end of their contract rather than taking them on. He hates 30+ year old players typically unless its patty kane who comes for free on a 1 year of course haha.

Wonder if Graf picks the rangers. I doubt it but they are apparently in on him

I just dont think theyd want Trouba because yzermans been best known for trading guys before the end of their contract rather than taking them on. He hates 30+ year old players typically unless its patty kane who comes for free on a 1 year of course haha.

Wonder if Graf picks the rangers. I doubt it but they are apparently in on him
He hates 30+ year old players? His whole defense is Seider and a bunch of old guys, mostly older than Trouba.

It’s unfortunately going on at the same time as the Ranger game tonight, but if anyone has the capability of watching two games at once the Hockey East championship game is tonight with #1 Boston College (with Gabe Perreault) v #2 Boston University on ESPN+.

Perreault returned from a few week injury layoff yesterday and had 2 goals, 2 assists in the semifinal.

He hates 30+ year old players? His whole defense is Seider and a bunch of old guys, mostly older than Trouba.
Shouldve rephrased. He notoriously wont commit long term to 30+ year olds.

However to your point he will fill holes with 30 year olds. I just dont see it with trouba at $8mm. Has he ever committed big money to a 30+ year old? I know hes def never given someone term to someone 30+

Rangers officially clinch a playoff spot. What a crazy game that was with the Flyers. Missing 3 starting defenders and Wennberg. Laffy 2 more goals, Fox with the game winner. Not Igor's best game but a win is a win

Rangers officially clinch a playoff spot. What a crazy game that was with the Flyers. Missing 3 starting defenders and Wennberg. Laffy 2 more goals, Fox with the game winner. Not Igor's best game but a win is a win
If laff was on pp1 hed be playing at ppg pace. One of the best 5v5 players in hockey. Some of the takes on laff having no skill and being an awful player were so laughable

There were really some all time bad takes on laff coming into this year. One of the best 5v5 players in the sport

If laff was on pp1 hed be playing at ppg pace. One of the best 5v5 players in hockey. Some of the takes on laff having no skill and being an awful player were so laughable
He sucked until this year.
Who would he replace on PP 1?
Certainly not the guy who wins 60% of his face offs.
Better have more than 60’points at seasons end to be considered one of the best in the game

Dobson better have eyes in the back of his head in Saturdays game. If that ref works the playoffs. Shame on the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: rurichdog
Dobson better have eyes in the back of his head in Saturdays game. If that ref works the playoffs. Shame on the NHL.
One of the worst no calls I have seen in a very long time. Thank god trocheck is gumby because if that was a soft player like siegenthaler and troch lays on the ice that is not only a penalty, that is a major and potential suspension

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT