ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

I'd also wait and see if the Kraken get a deal done with Eberle tomorrow . 1st + Jones might get that.

Well the Canes get Guentzel and Tampa gets Duclair. Pretty much leaves Vatrano I guess.

I'm glad Drury didn't do anything stupid to get Guentzel.

If that's it, the Rangers did OK. Filled their 2 biggest needs without sacrificing first round picks or Othmann or Kakko or any other young player. It all doesn't matter unless the stars perform and that includes Mika.

If that's it, the Rangers did OK. Filled their 2 biggest needs without sacrificing first round picks or Othmann or Kakko or any other young player. It all doesn't matter unless the stars perform and that includes Mika.

Agree. No game changer in here, but increased depth and maintained the picks and integrity of the prospect pool.

Brett berard is going to be so good. Has a hat trick 23 minutes in the wolfpack game tonight. 22 goals on the year as a 21 year old in his first year the ahl. Impressive

From the time Lindholm and Monahan were moved, I felt the sellers had an unrealistic view of the market.

Some teams improved giving up little, but fairly certain those same deals were not available for the Rangers.

No youth moved out for playoff run, so assets available for deals at draft time. There was no ONE player that was going to move the Rangers into "favorite" category.

Reactions: KK1827
From the time Lindholm and Monahan were moved, I felt the sellers had an unrealistic view of the market.

Some teams improved giving up little, but fairly certain those same deals were not available for the Rangers.

No youth moved out for playoff run, so assets available for deals at draft time. There was no ONE player that was going to move the Rangers into "favorite" category.
Im glad the rangers didnt ship out the farm. Rangers forward depth wise with prospect have a really good pipline. Next year the rangers are likely to have 7 of the 12 forwards be age 24 or younger with Cuylle, Othmann, Berard, Rempe, Edstrom, Laff, Kakko.

There were morons here saying the rangers were old from an organizational standpoint this offseason because they signed some depth vets to start the year. Idiots

I’m anxious to see Roslovic at RW with Kreids and Zany.
That makes the the 3rd line functional with Kakko, Cuylle and the new guy from Seattle.
I don’t think Lav should replace Truba’s physical element for 3 weeks with Ruhwedel and Jones.
For some reason it’s obvious Drury and Lav don’t trust Mackey who played a flawless one game.

Im glad the rangers didnt ship out the farm. Rangers forward depth wise with prospect have a really good pipline. Next year the rangers are likely to have 7 of the 12 forwards be age 24 or younger with Cuylle, Othmann, Berard, Rempe, Edstrom, Laff, Kakko.

There were morons here saying the rangers were old from an organizational standpoint this offseason because they signed some depth vets to start the year. Idiots
Sykora also appears to be someone who will add value at the NHL level as someone who may not score a ton but is tough to play against in the bottom 6.

Noah Laba is playing himself into a prospect at Colorado College, which would be huge give he is a right shot Center.

The Rangers have a pretty bright future with their young group of forwards. Need to start acquiring more future assets on defense, though.

I’m anxious to see Roslovic at RW with Kreids and Zany.
That makes the the 3rd line functional with Kakko, Cuylle and the new guy from Seattle.
I don’t think Lav should replace Truba’s physical element for 3 weeks with Ruhwedel and Jones.
For some reason it’s obvious Drury and Lav don’t trust Mackey who played a flawless one game.
Mackey is hurt. Been out for a few weeks

Sykora also appears to be someone who will add value at the NHL level as someone who may not score a ton but is tough to play against in the bottom 6.

Noah Laba is playing himself into a prospect at Colorado College, which would be huge give he is a right shot Center.

The Rangers have a pretty bright future with their young group of forwards. Need to start acquiring more future assets on defense, though.
Need assets on D and center. Mcconnell-barker could be good but we’ll see. Hes an overager in jr right now so I take the production with a grain of salt there.

My guess is the 1st this year is a dman. deep-ish draft with D and weak with forwards. Overall subpar talent pool in this draft though overall.

Center id be curious to see if we trade kakko with another team for a center in a mutually beneficial hockey trade of swapping a young wing for a young center

He just signed a contract?
I can’t find anything that says he’s out
I'm a loser and follow the wolfpack and watch their games when the rangers aren't playing. He's been out for about a month now. May come back in a few weeks possibly.

Brett berard is better than othmann. Othmann looks totally lost 5 on 5. I almost lean towards letting othamnn develop one more year in hartford next year. Berard is ready for the nhl if he had to play tomorrow. He'll be a regular next year

Reactions: zappaa
Nice win. Liked what I saw out of Wennberg. Starting to hum the Jaws theme when Rempe is on the ice.

Also, Rangers 2020 draft really was a good one.

Laff
Schneider
Cuylle
Rempe
Berard (#2 prospect imo)
Garand (future back up imo)

Rempe to my eye is far more impactful and involved than Edstrom.
I’m glad they stuck with him for now
Defensemen shit themselves on puck retrievals when hes coming in on the forecheck. Keeps causing turnovers. His gamescore on every analytical site is always top quarter of the team

Reactions: TM94goRU
Defensemen shit themselves on puck retrievals when hes coming in on the forecheck. Keeps causing turnovers. His gamescore on every analytical site is always top quarter of the team
The opponent turn into a different player when they know they’re going to get blasted…. That whole line should be working on timed dumps with Rempe at full speed skating over the blue line.
When he arrives with good timing…. Look out.

As a huge hockey fan, I would like to thank the NYR and Mr. Rempe for bringing back old-time hockey!

Eddie Shore would be proud. The game is much more entertaining this way.

As a huge hockey fan, I would like to thank the NYR and Mr. Rempe for bringing back old-time hockey!

Eddie Shore would be proud. The game is much more entertaining this way.
Couldnt agree more. The figure skater way of the game is not entertaining. Hockey needs tenacity, violence and hatred

• Love
Rempe. Another misconduct. Guy has a lot to learn.
That’s why, despite him showing some good qualities as a fourth liner, they can’t play him in the playoffs and should be playing Edstrom who already IS a good fourth liner.

Rempe is a series altering major penalty waiting to happen

Rempe better learn quickly! When you refuse to answer the bell, and then go take another opponent out, you leave your skilled players like Bread, Fox, and Mika in serious danger.

I like what the guy has done for the game, but tonight was a terrible look.

Rempe. Another misconduct. Guy has a lot to learn.
Worth while 2 game sussy. Hes already feared on the forecheck as it is. Now with the fact hes nuking guys, its gonna cause more and more turnovers.

Oh and also, he was responsible for the game winning goal. Kids a player and the league needs more guys like him

Rempe better learn quickly! When you refuse to answer the bell, and then go take another opponent out, you leave your skilled players like Bread, Fox, and Mika in serious danger.

I like what the guy has done for the game, but tonight was a terrible look.
He’ll fight macdermid first shift on 4/3. Book it

Rempe is gonna miss a few games for sure. No need for that elbow tonight.

I loved his restraint tonight when MacDermid tried to go, and his presence in front of the net allowed for the Gustafson goal. But he’s gotta realize he can be good enough as a hockey player and not do this stupid sh!t.

LOL, there will be a line brawl. The Rangers are lucky the Devils are not classless. If there was a Tom Wilson type, a key Ranger or 2 would have been injured.
Haha the devs better hope theres not a line brawl. Theyll get their teeth kicked in.

If the devs start a goon lineup, rangers get to match as nyr is home. Who could the devs even goon it up with? Haha.

Macdermid-lazar-bastian
Bahl-smith
Is probably the toughest 5 they could throw out there

Rempe-goodrow-cuylle
Trouba-schneider

Yeah that wont end well haha

Reactions: T2Kplus20
LOL, there will be a line brawl. The Rangers are lucky the Devils are not classless. If there was a Tom Wilson type, a key Ranger or 2 would have been injured.
The Devils need some toughness before they can fight back. Just like the Rangers did during that Tom Wilson debacle a few seasons ago.

Haha the devs better hope theres not a line brawl. Theyll get their teeth kicked in.

If the devs start a goon lineup, rangers get to match as nyr is home. Who could the devs even goon it up with? Haha.

Macdermid-lazar-bastian
Bahl-smith
Is probably the toughest 5 they could throw out there

Rempe-goodrow-cuylle
Trouba-schneider

Yeah that wont end well haha
Yes the Devils are small, but I expect fireworks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT