ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... What was the odds of the Mets, Atlanta and Dodgers all losing in their first Round???? All 100+ win teams.
The odds are pretty much almost 0...I would say most odd makers, and I am sure someone has the info- prior to playoffs had
Dodgers
Braves
Astros
Mets/Yankees

As odds on. We all know "shat happens" but it has to be astronomical that at least 2 of the top 5 would be in the final 4.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I don't understand why German is on the roster. What is Boone's aversion to using him? You can't say he might start a game now that they've added Montas.

Reactions: RW90
Framber Valdez is real tough.
Severino needs to come up big in Game Two.

17 Ks tonight. Oofa
Through the 6 games in the playoffs they have 70 strike outs and just 33 hits. A .176 team batting average and 6 hitters at .200 or lower. Only Rizzo is above .300
However this isn't new. This is the way the team was built, just like the last 6 years. The focus is success during the regular season to promote ticket sale and YES viewers. All about $$ for the Steinbrenner kids. Playoffs are just a bonus. No concern to win it all.

• Wow
Had verlander in trouble a few times early couldn’t come up with big hit Donaldson and carp were brutal.
Think it’s time to put Schmidt in rear view unless eating innings in blowout.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Through the 6 games in the playoffs they have 70 strike outs and just 33 hits. A .176 team batting average and 6 hitters at .200 or lower. Only Rizzo is above .300
However this isn't new. This is the way the team was built, just like the last 6 years. The focus is success during the regular season to promote ticket sale and YES viewers. All about $$ for the Steinbrenner kids. Playoffs are just a bonus. No concern to win it all.
The only stats that Cashman should be looking at is how a player bats against the top 25-50 pitchers in the league. Yanks will crush bad pitching which inflates stats/metrics but always struggle against elite pitchers.

The only stats that Cashman should be looking at is how a player bats against the top 25-50 pitchers in the league. Yanks will crush bad pitching which inflates stats/metrics but always struggle against elite pitchers.
Aren't elite pitchers elite because the majority of hitters struggle against them the majority of the time?

Aren't elite pitchers elite because the majority of hitters struggle against them the majority of the time?
Yeah, and that’s why you don’t settle for the “majority of hitters” when you are the NYY with deep pockets. You focus on the hitters that perform best against top competition. Admittedly, easier said than done. But I’d love to see stats that show the records/eras of the pitchers that Judge hit his 62 homers off.

LeMahieu brought some balance to this home run/strikeout lineup, but he's essentially been missing for the past 2 seasons.

Yeah, and that’s why you don’t settle for the “majority of hitters” when you are the NYY with deep pockets. You focus on the hitters that perform best against top competition. Admittedly, easier said than done. But I’d love to see stats that show the records/eras of the pitchers that Judge hit his 62 homers off.
I just saw an article that listed all of Judge's home runs and it's not exactly a Who's Who but it's more like a Who's That? It was 56 different pitchers and I 'm not a big follower of the American League but honestly at least 45 of them I never heard of.
Here's the article.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RUfinally2008
And his bullpen guys were no day at the beach either.
Definitely better than what the Yanks followed Taillon with. Some strange choices there.
That's what makes the idiotic pitching decisions on Saturday nite so significant.

Win that game and Nestor starts game 1 vs Houston and we might have a different scenario last nite where the Houston staff is used differently if they are trailing in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT