ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when The Met fans come here admit
they don't know the American league And put
down the Yankee home run king. If the pitching is so bad then why are the batting averages
and home runs at a all time low?
I always thought the Mets fans banter on here was just busting chops. It turns out they are just really stupid.

Waiting for the conspiracy theories about the roof being left open. I think it really did keep that ball in the park.
I don’t get the whole roof issue. It’s not like they were closing it while the Astros were hitting and then opening it back up when the Yankees came to bat. Houston hit it to the right place last night and the Yanks didn’t. That’s why getting home field over these clowns was so important.

I don’t get the whole roof issue. It’s not like they were closing it while the Astros were hitting and then opening it back up when the Yankees came to bat. Houston hit it to the right place last night and the Yanks didn’t. That’s why getting home field over these clowns was so important.
I didn't SAY it was a conspiracy. But the wind did keep it in the park

It’s kinda become a thing for the Yankees to complain about parks that aren’t their little league park…

Reactions: RUfinally2008
If a team comes to town that depends on the home run much more than you, why not open the roof? Most people would. It was Cashman that decided to lean towards a home run team.
I'd have to assume any given night without rain in the forecast, every stadium in the country with a retractable roof would open it.

Not quite sure how this thread derailed into conspiracy theories. I simply found that MLB analytics guy's data interesting food for thought and so posted it here. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly never intended to imply Houston gamed the system.

I love it when The Met fans come here admit
they don't know the American league And put
down the Yankee home run king. If the pitching is so bad then why are the batting averages
and home runs at a all time low?

I always thought the Mets fans banter on here was just busting chops. It turns out they are just really stupid.
First- the post was NOT by a Met’s fan. Take a look at his screen name and figure it out. Talk about stupid.
And he has never said anything negative on any of the baseball threads.
And while sharing the article- he even stated he doesn’t follow the AL closely and didn’t recognize many of the names.

I'd have to assume any given night without rain in the forecast, every stadium in the country with a retractable roof would open it.

Not quite sure how this thread derailed into conspiracy theories. I simply found that MLB analytics guy's data interesting food for thought and so posted it here. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly never intended to imply Houston gamed the system.
It's more about the Astros living in the collective heads of the Yankees since 2017. Unless they move past it, their doomed. If it isn't garbage can lids, it's roofs, sad. On WFAN this morning they played clips of Hagashioka complaining that Bregman's BOMB wouldn't have gone out if the roof was closed and then Boone doubling down saying Judge's ball to right would have went out if the roof was closed. Nice optic as WFAN was playing cryptic Debbie Downer music, during those clips,very funny.

It's more about the Astros living in the collective heads of the Yankees since 2017. Unless they move past it, their doomed. If it isn't garbage can lids, it's roofs, sad. On WFAN this morning they played clips of Hagashioka complaining that Bregman's BOMB wouldn't have gone out if the roof was closed and then Boone doubling down saying Judge's ball to right would have went out if the roof was closed. Nice optic as WFAN was playing cryptic Debbie Downer music, during those clips,very funny.
There’s something glorious about the fact that the guy responsible for the astros rebuild and success (Elias) is doing it all over again in the AL east with the orioles who are about to take over that division…. Ironically even more is what was the other stadium this year that the Yankees were b*tching about?😂

• Haha

Ever been to Houston in July? It's not just a night without rain.

There’s something glorious about the fact that the guy responsible for the astros rebuild and success (Elias) is doing it all over again in the AL east with the orioles who are about to take over that division…. Ironically even more is what was the other stadium this year that the Yankees were b*tching about?😂
Can you say enough with the excuses? After all, they are The Varsity. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...boone-1-astros-decision-killed-us/ar-AA13elDU

Why did it take you so long ?
I know many Mets fans outside of this board. Few of them are as dumb as the ones that visit here.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Any Yankee that's complaining about the roof being opened or closed is acting like a baby. I mean seriously? Have some dignity and just deal with it. It's gamesmanship and it happens everywhere.

The strikeouts are reaching an epic level but that is the construction of this team. It needs to change and if that means a change in GM and other leadership roles, so be it. The Yanks almost lost to the Guardians and are currently owned by the Stros, both teams that make contact more and strike out less. Maybe someone needs to figure this out eventually?

I read an article this morning that the Yanks are only the 3rd worst team that was in the playoffs that struck out more this season. I was shocked. I can't imagine there's a team that's good that strikes out more than the Yankees. It makes the games unwatchable. Thank God they are getting rid of the shift next year, it might make the games more interesting.

Any Yankee that's complaining about the roof being opened or closed is acting like a baby. I mean seriously? Have some dignity and just deal with it. It's gamesmanship and it happens everywhere.

The strikeouts are reaching an epic level but that is the construction of this team. It needs to change and if that means a change in GM and other leadership roles, so be it. The Yanks almost lost to the Guardians and are currently owned by the Stros, both teams that make contact more and strike out less. Maybe someone needs to figure this out eventually?

I read an article this morning that the Yanks are only the 3rd worst team that was in the playoffs that struck out more this season. I was shocked. I can't imagine there's a team that's good that strikes out more than the Yankees. It makes the games unwatchable. Thank God they are getting rid of the shift next year, it might make the games more interesting.
100% correct, and for this Mets fan that continuously is referred as stupid, let those that do riddle me this. You mocked on Buck and the Mets for checking Dumbo Ears for a foreign substance, yet loading up a baseball must be so prevalent that Manfred mandated EVERY pitcher,EVERY inning be checked when they walk off the mound EVERY inning. This stupid person thinks that in order to stop Yankeeland from constant crying and excuses every year they lose a new Manfred Mandate will be issued this winter. No franchise with a retractable roof may take a position on opened or closed until given permission by the Yankees. Also no garbage can or lid or striking tool can be positioned within 50 yards of any dugout not occupied by the Yankees.It's the old "open roof trick" Agent 99, pathetic. lmfao.https://nypost.com/2022/10/21/yankees-open-roof-and-wind-kind-of-killed-us/

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
100% correct, and for this Mets fan that continuously is referred as stupid, let those that do riddle me this. You mocked on Buck and the Mets for checking Dumbo Ears for a foreign substance, yet loading up a baseball must be so prevalent that Manfred mandated EVERY pitcher,EVERY inning be checked when they walk off the mound EVERY inning. This stupid person thinks that in order to stop Yankeeland from constant crying and excuses every year they lose a new Manfred Mandate will be issued this winter. No franchise with a retractable roof may take a position on opened or closed until given permission by the Yankees. Also no garbage can or lid or striking tool can be positioned within 50 yards of any dugout not occupied by the Yankees.It's the old "open roof trick" Agent 99, pathetic. lmfao.https://nypost.com/2022/10/21/yankees-open-roof-and-wind-kind-of-killed-us/

Is it possible for you to start your own "I Hate the Yankees" thread instead of trolling this one where we just want to banter about the team with like minded fans? This way maybe you and your little circle jerk buddy yessir can troll your own thread in an unfettered manner.

Is it possible for you to start your own "I Hate the Yankees" thread instead of trolling this one where we just want to banter about the team with like minded fans? This way maybe you and your little circle jerk buddy yessir can troll your own thread in an unfettered manner.

Seriously. One or two comments after a loss I get. But guy posts in here more than nearly anyone else.

Reactions: Kbee3
I have even talked to him about that but there is a part of his heavy posting right now that I know is more in retaliation to WB and SF in the Met's off season thread- they went so crazy over there that Richie had to give them a warning.
There was somewhat of an understanding that Active season threads were a little more fair game in the ball busting dept- even though, I still don't like it. But once the season ends and Yankee's and Met's have new off season threads going- the trolling should stop so those fans of either team can just move on to great discussions about what should happen next rather than all this crap.

I would venture to guess, if someone checked, the Met's thread had a lot more Yankee fans trolling that your thread has had Met fans trolling. So, have a talk to your amigos over here if you want some peace from 008- because your guys never let up on the Met's thread and there were 3 or 4 of them. And much worse than anything 008 is dishing.

I have even talked to him about that but there is a part of his heavy posting right now that I know is more in retaliation to WB and SF in the Met's off season thread- they went so crazy over there that Richie had to give them a warning.
There was somewhat of an understanding that Active season threads were a little more fair game in the ball busting dept- even though, I still don't like it. But once the season ends and Yankee's and Met's have new off season threads going- the trolling should stop so those fans of either team can just move on to great discussions about what should happen next rather than all this crap.

I would venture to guess, if someone checked, the Met's thread had a lot more Yankee fans trolling that your thread has had Met fans trolling. So, have a talk to your amigos over here if you want some peace from 008- because your guys never let up on the Met's thread and there were 3 or 4 of them. And much worse than anything 008 is dishing.
More total BS from a Mets fan. 2008 started crap in the post season thread before SF or I even posted in it. He isn't a Mets fan just a Yankee hater. Spends more time on here then talking about the Mets. His next fact will be a first.

• Haha
Sure, once I reach the amount of posts Mets haters posted in the Mets thread when WE just wanted to banter with like minded fans. I did promise to stop when you go to the off season thread unless the usual suspects disrupt that.

• Haha

I couldn't have said it any better myself. The problem is a lot of these posters don't go in the Mets thread so they have no idea about what you just stated. I just hope whenever this thread goes to off season I'll have time to get in one last shot,lol

I couldn't have said it any better myself. The problem is a lot of these posters don't go in the Mets thread so they have no idea about what you just stated. I just hope whenever this thread goes to off season I'll have time to get in one last shot,lol

Are you thinking that through, man? Because you're messing the thread flow up for all of us who don't troll the Mets thread more than for those who do.

This is why the Mets thread is so long every year. Just full of nonsense.

• Haha
So to combat poor behavior you choose to emulate the poor behavior. Very adult of you.
It’s funny- not your comment but my discussions with 2008. He knows he does go off the deep end in here but everytime he tries to back it off- your vomit lover and his friends just take over the Mets threads. I would wish that 2008 could not clutter your thread so much but on the same hand- the 3-4 Yankee fans on here that are 3 times worse than 2008- need to do the same thing.
you guys are only getting a small sample of what they do on the Mets threads.

• Love
It’s funny- not your comment but my discussions with 2008. He knows he does go off the deep end in here but everytime he tries to back it off- your vomit lover and his friends just take over the Mets threads. I would wish that 2008 could not clutter your thread so much but on the same hand- the 3-4 Yankee fans on here that are 3 times worse than 2008- need to do the same thing.
The best way to deal with trolls is not respond. Most go away when they don’t get a reaction.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
The best way to deal with trolls is not respond. Most go away when they don’t get a reaction.
I used to think that too but 2008 takes it as winning. Most of his posts are void of facts but he keeps posting. He is not a Met fan either. I've started to post in the Mets thread to get us both banned from the opposing threads. I could give a rats ass about but what he thinks as he is the dumbest guy on this board. Hopefully Richie gets on board.

Reactions: Section124
Weird take. I never go over to the Mets thread but took a look at the beginning because of your comment. I agree SF was out of line but the troll 2008 just takes the bait and runs with it. And I noticed your posts just feed the troll even more.

It’s mostly just the 2 of them ruining the thread so you both come here and do the same. You people need a life.

Agree-, to a point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure 2008 agrees.
I used to think that too but 2008 takes it as winning. Most of his posts are void of facts but he keeps posting. He is not a Met fan either. I've started to post in the Mets thread to get us both banned from the opposing threads. I could give a rats ass about but what he thinks as he is the dumbest guy on this board. Hopefully Richie gets on board.
It's funny, that you do not recognize your trolling on the Met's threads.
The problem is the mods should do their job. They banned Yankees fans from the Mets thread but let the Mets shit on this thread.
I'm not sure I saw any of you banned from the regular season or postseason thread. Mods were very liberal in allowing the trolling. And if 2008 jumps on your off season thread trolling like you did on the Met's off season thread, I am sure he would be banned.
Weird take. I never go over to the Mets thread but took a look at the beginning because of your comment. I agree SF was out of line but the troll 2008 just takes the bait and runs with it. And I noticed your posts just feed the troll even more.

It’s mostly just the 2 of them ruining the thread so you both come here and do the same. You people need a life.
agree- and 2008 would also agree- he can't stop himself from engaging.
As for on here- I am only trying to explain that as much as 2008 has been trolling- you have your guys on here that have done that and more in every Met's thread. You may notice- that has been the only thing I have responded to here.
You can go into any of my other posts along the way and outside of a couple of non trolling ball busting comments- I have done nothing but be respectful and engage in conversation.

But this will be the last I will engage in this back and forth- not because anyone is right or wrong but because I do see it as not being fair to the Yankee fans in here that just want to talk baseball and about your team. So, I hope 2008 can restrain himself and let's just watch some baseball.

I was looking at the preview for the game today and I'm looking at Javier vs Cole and a quick look- I see 6.75 era for Javier- and I say, man, need Cole to be himself because Yanks are going to score big. And then, I noticed that is only his PS ERA...

These Astros just keep having stud starter after stud starter every year.

Good luck today.

I was looking at the preview for the game today and I'm looking at Javier vs Cole and a quick look- I see 6.75 era for Javier- and I say, man, need Cole to be himself because Yanks are going to score big. And then, I noticed that is only his PS ERA...

These Astros just keep having stud starter after stud starter every year.

Good luck today.
0.75 era vs yanks this year.

But this will be the last I will engage in this back and forth- not because anyone is right or wrong but because I do see it as not being fair to the Yankee fans in here that just want to talk baseball and about your team. So, I hope 2008 can restrain himself and let's just watch some baseball.
For once you and I agree. I don't expect your fellow friend feels the same either. It's the League Championships and that is the last thing he talks about. Peace. Enjoy the games.

2 runs for Houston that never should have happened, all because we can’t communicate in the outfield and catch a lazy fly ball.

6 outs for the Yanks so far, 4 Ks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT