ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Mets Season Thread

Didn’t Vogelbach provide you with many memorable moments? 😂
Hey, hey, hey-- Vogey is my guy. and I ain't sharing him with @cubuffsdoug . Not enough Vogey to go around.
Excited Ny Mets GIF by New York Mets

Vogey's Blue Jays took down the Jankees tonight. He has a .500 OBP this year. We will not talk about his AVG or SLG%. 🤣

Reactions: BigEastPhil
It’s been fun watching us claw back to this point. Drew smith hiccup tonight, the bullpen is (knock on wood) seems much stronger than last year. I’d leave Butto as well.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
Pitcher for the Pirates has thrown 42 strikes and 7 balls. WTF? That is crazy control.

They have more talent and will be tough this year.
Yeah they have Skenes up in the month or so probably who is best pitching prospect in minors. Then they have another 2 guys after that with good upsides in Solometo and Chandler.

How bout that bullpen !

Hope all is ok with Baty !

Really impressed with Mendoza. It’s amazing we’re 9-8 after 0-5 start.

Need to sweep tomorrow especially with west coast trip coming up !

Another series W. Bullpen was phenomenal tonight. We definitely got some luck with Pitt taking Jones early while he was cruising. Let's get that sweep!

How bout that bullpen !

Hope all is ok with Baty !

Really impressed with Mendoza. It’s amazing we’re 9-8 after 0-5 start.

Need to sweep tomorrow especially with west coast trip coming up !
Not amazing at all IMO. That's baseball. It's a long season and you have hot and cold streaks. Our cold streak came right at the beginning, which made it more noticeable.

This may sound snarky, and I do not mean it to be so, but after 17 games, exactly what has impressed you about Mendoza? TBH he has made little or no impression on me either way, neither positive nor negative. But maybe not noticing the manager is a good thing.

Not amazing at all IMO. That's baseball. It's a long season and you have hot and cold streaks. Our cold streak came right at the beginning, which made it more noticeable.

This may sound snarky, and I do not mean it to be so, but after 17 games, exactly what has impressed you about Mendoza? TBH he has made little or no impression on me either way, neither positive nor negative. But maybe not noticing the manager is a good thing.
As a rookie manager being able to steer a sinking ship at 0-5 to 9-8.

I think that’s impressive especially when Lindor and Alvarez have basically been bystanders to date.

Team is playing with emotion and continues to fight back.

I also think he handles the media room well and players are playing hard for him.

Its an embarrassment.

Mendoza has all the makings of an absolute disaster. Cant see him lasting the full year but he will.

Barring an unforeseen turnaround , I’d make the entire team available for trade during the season and only retain Alvarez / Baty / Senga and Diaz - and hopefully Alonso would entertain coming back after he is dealt during the season
Your feelings on the manager have sure turned around from when you posted this after the first handful of games.

Well I'll chime in and say that I thought that his calling for a double steal late in the game last night was brilliant. All those years with the Yankees so you know he knows Chapman very well. Strengths and weaknesses. So knew he could exploit him there even with guys who normally wouldn't be swiping bases.

As a rookie manager being able to steer a sinking ship at 0-5 to 9-8.

I think that’s impressive especially when Lindor and Alvarez have basically been bystanders to date.

Team is playing with emotion and continues to fight back.

I also think he handles the media room well and players are playing hard for him.
This 100%

I never got how Sterling lasted so long with his act. It sounded more like a clown show and amaturistic to me. With that said, there is a whole generation of Yankees fans that loved his HR calls so to each their own. I hope he has a healthy enjoyable retirement.

Your feelings on the manager have sure turned around from when you posted this after the first handful of games.
I don't know about BigEastPhil, but I'm not a fan of anything Yankee having a say in Mets manners.😊 The first week of the season the Mets fooled around with players who had no business being in the MLB and it led to a very slow start. That was frustrating beyond belief. I reacted negatively because I felt it was cruel to see this approach consider how Mets fans have been suffering for such a long time. It gave me flashback to the Coupons Era.🥺 Most Rutgers/Mets fans have PTSD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT