ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Adele Springsteen

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
98 years old at her passing.

I remember in the morning mom hearing your alarm clock ring.
I’d lie in bed and listen to you getting ready for work, the sound of your makeup case on the sink.
And the ladies at the office all lipstick, perfume and rustling skirts,
how proud and happy you always looked walking home from work.

It ain’t no phone call on Sunday, flowers or a Mother’s Day card.
It ain’t no house on the hill with a garden and a nice little yard.
I’ve got my hot rod down on Bond Street I’m older but you’ll know me in a glance.
We’ll find us a Little rock ‘n roll bar and we’ll go out and dance.

Bruce Springsteen, The Wish

May she RIP. My Mom is 91, has Alzheimers/Dementia and it is a horrendous disease. It has put so much stress on the entire family, being the oldest, the POA and Health Care Proxy, it isn't something I'd want anyone's family to have to deal with. Just saw today there may be a link to Alzheimer's from human growth shots given from 1959-1985.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...vers-linked-alzheimers-study-finds-rcna135927

May she RIP. My Mom is 91, has Alzheimers/Dementia and it is a horrendous disease. It has put so much stress on the entire family, being the oldest, the POA and Health Care Proxy, it isn't something I'd want anyone's family to have to deal with. Just saw today there may be a link to Alzheimer's from human growth shots given from 1959-1985.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...vers-linked-alzheimers-study-finds-rcna135927

Damn man. I’ll keep you in my prayers but if you don’t like that sort of thing, you have my respect and support.

C’mon man really? And of course you were summoned. Sit one out once in a while if you don’t like the thread. Not that difficult to do.
Gotta give the people what they want! I was asked to give my opinion. Being this smart and revered is a blessing, but also a responsibility.
:)

Gotta give the people what they want! I was asked to give my opinion. Being this smart and revered is a blessing, but also a responsibility.
:)
LOL! No one asked your opinion, so you aren't revered. And you answered the ghost opinion request which isn't all that smart. Your response was worth a small, WTF chuckle though. So that's a positive.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I always love your optimism.

Optimism and pessimism are imposters.
Past and future are constructs
Life is an endless sequence of present moments.
When you find that, you realize the greatest gift is to just realize you are alive - I mean really realize it.
No roof brain chatter and compulsive thinking.
Then you see life has another side of the veil.
Stay objective - be Zen
When you observe the good and bad, the bad often passes you over.
Awareness is protection - no covers over the head.
My mother, HS football coach, fav prof, minister and his wife all passed within a few weeks of each other in 22. Watching parents die is worse than having them die. I saw something in that and was relieved for the invisible hand showing itself.

When I first heard BS I saw he had spiritual/religious influences.
His Catholic upbringing showed - both the anger he had for nuns and the enlightenment he got from his mom.

So she's good now and Bruce will know it

"Eternity is calling Bruce Springsteen, and it’s drawing him back to his childhood parish church, whose steeple cast a long shadow over his working-class upbringing and whose liturgies echo in nearly every song he’s written since then. For Springsteen, the Catholic Church stands at the “origins of his dreams and his beliefs”, as one appreciative essayist has written. Now, it seems, the Boss is poised to return to those origins, to walk the long walk home.

But the Boss was quick to dash hopes that he might throw his hat in the 2020 ring. “I’d be terrible,” he said. No, these days Springsteen is spending more time with ghosts. “I enjoy visiting the spirits of my father and [E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons], and my friends and family, which I do on stage each night.” The most haunting presence of all: the Catholic church in Freehold, New Jersey, where as a boy he witnessed “an eternal parade of baptisms, weddings and funerals” (as he recounted in his 2016 autobiography, Born to Run).

He’s now regularly stopping by that church in Freehold where he served as an altar boy, per the Times. This, even though “over the years he has railed against his strict Catholic upbringing” and notwithstanding the “harsh treatment meted out by nuns” at his Catholic elementary school.

Springsteen is nearly 70. “You get more spiritual as you grow older,” he said. “You’re closer to the other world, so maybe that has something to do with it … I do still find myself drawn to the Catholic Church. I visit my small church quite often … I continue to feel the Catholic Church’s imprint on me rather strongly.” That’s putting it mildly; indeed, entire books have been written about the Catholic sensibility that infuses Springsteen’s work, going back to his first album, Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J."

So I never saw BS as a political thing
When people resent fathers and authority it often comes out in political reactions to authorities involuntarily

Optimism and pessimism are imposters.
Past and future are constructs
Life is an endless sequence of present moments.
When you find that, you realize the greatest gift is to just realize you are alive - I mean really realize it.
No roof brain chatter and compulsive thinking.
Then you see life has another side of the veil.
Stay objective - be Zen
When you observe the good and bad, the bad often passes you over.
Awareness is protection - no covers over the head.
My mother, HS football coach, fav prof, minister and his wife all passed within a few weeks of each other in 22. Watching parents die is worse than having them die. I saw something in that and was relieved for the invisible hand showing itself.

When I first heard BS I saw he had spiritual/religious influences.
His Catholic upbringing showed - both the anger he had for nuns and the enlightenment he got from his mom.

So she's good now and Bruce will know it

"Eternity is calling Bruce Springsteen, and it’s drawing him back to his childhood parish church, whose steeple cast a long shadow over his working-class upbringing and whose liturgies echo in nearly every song he’s written since then. For Springsteen, the Catholic Church stands at the “origins of his dreams and his beliefs”, as one appreciative essayist has written. Now, it seems, the Boss is poised to return to those origins, to walk the long walk home.

But the Boss was quick to dash hopes that he might throw his hat in the 2020 ring. “I’d be terrible,” he said. No, these days Springsteen is spending more time with ghosts. “I enjoy visiting the spirits of my father and [E Street Band saxophonist Clarence Clemons], and my friends and family, which I do on stage each night.” The most haunting presence of all: the Catholic church in Freehold, New Jersey, where as a boy he witnessed “an eternal parade of baptisms, weddings and funerals” (as he recounted in his 2016 autobiography, Born to Run).

He’s now regularly stopping by that church in Freehold where he served as an altar boy, per the Times. This, even though “over the years he has railed against his strict Catholic upbringing” and notwithstanding the “harsh treatment meted out by nuns” at his Catholic elementary school.

Springsteen is nearly 70. “You get more spiritual as you grow older,” he said. “You’re closer to the other world, so maybe that has something to do with it … I do still find myself drawn to the Catholic Church. I visit my small church quite often … I continue to feel the Catholic Church’s imprint on me rather strongly.” That’s putting it mildly; indeed, entire books have been written about the Catholic sensibility that infuses Springsteen’s work, going back to his first album, Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J."

So I never saw BS as a political thing
When people resent fathers and authority it often comes out in political reactions to authorities involuntarily
How about this - post in full sentences going forward, not in verse. Maybe we can all communicate better that way?

My mother went through a 10 year struggle with dementia before passing away in 2012 at age 80. It was a great strain on our family in many ways. I think mental incapacity is much worse to deal with than physical disease for family members. In her case, her lifelong smoking habit played a major role and probably caused the advanced dementia. She was not officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

How about this - post in full sentences going forward, not in verse. Maybe we can all communicate better that way?

I'm a speed reading slysdexic - I crush rules lol.

Ug958zy.jpeg

My mother went through a 10 year struggle with dementia before passing away in 2012 at age 80. It was a great strain on our family in many ways. I think mental incapacity is much worse to deal with than physical disease for family members. In her case, her lifelong smoking habit played a major role and probably caused the advanced dementia. She was not officially diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
Thank you for posting, and I can relate.

This is a beautiful tribute to his mother from his Broadway that many can relate to. His mother was the eternal optimist and enjoyed working. She instilled a work ethic and optimism in her son. He captures this well in the lines:
If Pa's eyes were windows into a world so deadly and true. . .
You couldn't stop me from looking, but you kept me from crawling through

Geez, that is so young for your Mom to suffer with this. The family stress,yes believe me I get it and you had to have been much younger than me to go through this horrible disease. May your Mom RIP.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
Who? Just kidding. Fun fact...my mom's best friend had a shore house and dated Springsteen's dad prior to him marrying Bruce's mom. RIP

Reactions: Knight Shift

Same situation here, mom is going to be 77 this year and as the months go on she is getting worse. Sad thing is she does not realize / admit that she has an issue. It is a real struggle, would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Too bad his other several handles weren't tagged.

How sad is it that the trolls now tag each other to attack a dead woman because her son is outside of their cult?
Cult life is weird. I've lost several friends over the years to cults. I've never understood the attraction.

Same situation here, mom is going to be 77 this year and as the months go on she is getting worse. Sad thing is she does not realize / admit that she has an issue. It is a real struggle, would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Amazing how many of us are dealing with this disease. That part you're going through now is the hardest part. My Mom finally realizes she has issues and is currently upset, feeling she's let us all down, and we just tell her she hasn't and she's done nothing wrong. We remind her she isn't in any pain as so many her age are. Physically at 91, I think she walks better than me, lol. Hardest part was 1st taking away her cooking, turned off the gas stove, then taking away her driving. Not a fun time. I wish you the best and hope you get the full support of your siblings as you have to make difficult decisions along the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUGuitarMan
Amazing how many of us are dealing with this disease. That part you're going through now is the hardest part. My Mom finally realizes she has issues and is currently upset, feeling she's let us all down, and we just tell her she hasn't and she's done nothing wrong. We remind her she isn't in any pain as so many her age are. Physically at 91, I think she walks better than me, lol. Hardest part was 1st taking away her cooking, turned off the gas stove, then taking away her driving. Not a fun time. I wish you the best and hope you get the full support of your siblings as you have to make difficult decisions along the way.
I understand it will be a tough road ahead, the car talk is going to be next. The sad thing is she is healthy as an ox and I suspect she will be with us for many years to come.

RIP Mrs. Springsteen.

It was nice to see that her boy still made it to out LA to honor JBJ last night.

I'd be interested in hearing the longer version of this story.
Not much of a story, back in 2006 I started a computer servicing business and got the Springstein household through a friend of mine. Did work for them for a few months. I installed a dsl line for Adele Springstein, showed Patti how to use an IPod and helped the kids with Napster along with repairing and upgrading the computers in the office and installing a wireless router.

Not much of a story, back in 2006 I started a computer servicing business and got the Springstein household through a friend of mine. Did work for them for a few months. I installed a dsl line for Adele Springstein, showed Patti how to use an IPod and helped the kids with Napster along with repairing and upgrading the computers in the office and installing a wireless router.
This was probably in the Rumson house. Was there a few times on emergency calls, but they were not home. It was a fairly modest house for their level of wealth. They used to host a Halloween party in their yard. Bruce would wander around in a costume.

This was probably in the Rumson house. Was there a few times on emergency calls, but they were not home. It was a fairly modest house for their level of wealth. They used to host a Halloween party in their yard. Bruce would wander around in a costume.
It was in Rumson. My MIL was the listing agent when he bought that house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT