ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wawa pizza

Whole Food complex (i.e., Monty Promenade)? Nay, the 4 loops road will actually improve the intersection, going from an NJDOT rating of F to a C. Not great, but better.

Also, the Monty Promenade is now being built in 2 phases. Personally, not sure if Phase 2 will ever happen, so it will be smaller than expected. We tried to get Whole Foods on board for years. It wasn't until the Amazon purchase happened that the deal came together.
Where exactly is this Whole Foods going? I drive by there pretty frequently and it would be convenient.

Where exactly is this Whole Foods going? I drive by there pretty frequently and it would be convenient.
Next to the Princeton Airport. If you are driving north on 206, just pass the airport (prior to the 518 intersection). You can see the construction equipment on the site and a coming soon sign.

Reactions: JRZEER
Ah
Next to the Princeton Airport. If you are driving north on 206, just pass the airport (prior to the 518 intersection). You can see the construction equipment on the site and a coming soon sign.
Ah, ok. I normally cut over to 206 from 518, so don't pass that particular spot.

Ah

Ah, ok. I normally cut over to 206 from 518, so don't pass that particular spot.
Yeah, if you drive through Rocky Hill/west on 518 and then turn right onto 206 north, the site would be just out of view. There will be entrances on 206 and 518, so convenient regardless of the driver's direction.

Yeah between NY, NJ, CONN (and Philly? Is their pizza any good?) pizza quality this is not the place to try to sell fancy frozen pizzas en mass. I expect it won't last long.
FYI the pizza overall SUCKS in Philly! I’ve lived here for 15 years.

The absolute best I can find here is no better than your average strip mall pizza joint in New Jersey!

FYI the pizza overall SUCKS in Philly! I’ve lived here for 15 years.

The absolute best I can find here is no better than your average strip mall pizza joint in New Jersey!

I stand corrected.

Let me explain, as my response was in jest and it clearly sailed right over your head.,,

Bac: They are closing the WaWa in Hillsboro
LETSGORU: That's cause they are building one right next door
Bac: Wrong
LETSGORU Clarification: I was just kidding Bac because it seems these days on every other block, either a WaWa or Quick Check goes from breaking ground to open in about 96 hours or so. Therefore as one was closing, I felt one would be popping up nearby very soon.

That's an old/small one. WaWa is still trying to build a new, modern one in Monty with a gas station. They are close to getting the corner of 206/518 with the defunct gas station and Tigers Tale (which would move in the Village Walk or Whole Foods complex).
Don't move the tail! Damn.

That's an old/small one. WaWa is still trying to build a new, modern one in Monty with a gas station. They are close to getting the corner of 206/518 with the defunct gas station and Tigers Tale (which would move in the Village Walk or Whole Foods complex).
You live in Montgomery? I grew up there.

Wasn't expecting to see references to the Tigers tale here... Brings up memories....

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Sucks. That was the wawa I would always frequented before I moved out of NJ 10yrs ago.

They always had really good Butternut Squash soup... 😞
This is a portion of the negative review by NJ.com's food critic:

While the slices held together better than I expected (it was such a messy pie that I expected the cheese and toppings to slide right off), the pizza tasted as bad as it looked. It was too cheesy, too salty. The sauce? Couldn’t tell you, there was so little on there (and so much cheese) that I could hardly taste it. The crust was underdone, making for a floppy pie with no texture.

But the worst part of the pie was the garlic seasoning on the crust. It’s an optional addition when you order, and I can’t advise against it enough. The sharp flavor overpowers the entire pie, making every bite even saltier. I love garlic and I love cheese, but this doesn’t taste like either. It just tastes gross. My car smelled like the stuff for days after.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
This is a portion of the negative review by NJ.com's food critic:

While the slices held together better than I expected (it was such a messy pie that I expected the cheese and toppings to slide right off), the pizza tasted as bad as it looked. It was too cheesy, too salty. The sauce? Couldn’t tell you, there was so little on there (and so much cheese) that I could hardly taste it. The crust was underdone, making for a floppy pie with no texture.

But the worst part of the pie was the garlic seasoning on the crust. It’s an optional addition when you order, and I can’t advise against it enough. The sharp flavor overpowers the entire pie, making every bite even saltier. I love garlic and I love cheese, but this doesn’t taste like either. It just tastes gross. My car smelled like the stuff for days after.
Nothing about its butternut squash soup though... 😉

There is another bar and grill planned for the new shopping center. My guess is TT doesn’t re open there. Owners have sold off another restaurant in recent years.
Thanks. I hope they don't move to Downtown Princeton. Been a off-site fun place forever.
#freakin commercialization sucks!
Went to Bills Tavern at 5 corners for late lunch with the Mrs yesterday. These are the places we love.

Reactions: JRZEER
Thanks. I hope they don't move to Downtown Princeton. Been a off-site fun place forever.
#freakin commercialization sucks!
Went to Bills Tavern at 5 corners for late lunch with the Mrs yesterday. These are the places we love.
Bills is solid lunch spot. JoJo’s is one my favorite spots.

You live in Montgomery? I grew up there.

Wasn't expecting to see references to the Tigers tale here... Brings up memories....
Sorry, just saw this! Yes, grew up in East Brunswick, but moved to Monty 20'ish years ago after RU grad school. The Tale is still rocking it! Where in town did you live?

In other local news - @bac2therac and @RocktheRac , Hillsborough is in a fevered battle to keep out warehouses. There are 5 tracts of land that unfortunately have industrial zoning that allows the use (awful management by them!). At least they found a solution for 2 of the sites:

Reactions: Jimpeg
In other local news - @bac2therac and @RocktheRac , Hillsborough is in a fevered battle to keep out warehouses. There are 5 tracts of land that unfortunately have industrial zoning that allows the use (awful management by them!). At least they found a solution for 2 of the sites:

its shameful what they allowed my hometown to turn into. Ugly apartment complexes within inches of the highway. Empty shopping centers. A highway that looks like its been bombed. In the 80s the politicians talked about how Hillsborough would not become exactly what it is now....the dividers to be erected whenever the 206 project becomes complete will be the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
its shameful what they allowed my hometown to turn into. Ugly apartment complexes within inches of the highway. Empty shopping centers. A highway that looks like its been bombed. In the 80s the politicians talked about how Hillsborough would not become exactly what it is now....the dividers to be erected whenever the 206 project becomes complete will be the final nail in the coffin.
Hillsborough lost its true leader when Biondi passed away. JC is from Raritan and while a long-time Hills resident, got bigger fish to fry. FD and DT are good guys, but believed way too much in hands off governance. They had decades to aggressively buy up land, but didn't (and they have an open space tax just like Monty). This came back to haunt Hills with COAH housing and now warehouses.

Also, it was their crazy idea to push up buildings around the Amwell/206 intersection to make a "downtown". That's why the new complex by Bottle King is so close to the road. Sticks out like a sore thumb! Awful decision. Just wait until the Village Shoprite moves to a new location at Homestead/206. Nelson Corner will be another vacant mess.

Those ugly apartments by Bottle King go for 3,000/month. Thank God we still have the Hillsborough Deli.

Most of those new Hilmont units are going for over $3,000/month. Awful location.
Done some DD deliveries at the Hillmont/ Amwell Apt by Auto Zone and the ones by Bottle King. Renters say they are nice except the walls are super thin and you can hear everything.

WAWA PIZZA IS THE BEST! A notch above Dom’s and plus you can get a slushy and shorti. What’s not to love??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT