ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

Well, Mexico wins, 1-0, but it was on a great goal by this young kid Gimenez in the 89th minute. But more importantly, it was very cool to watch the post-game in the studio, as it was Carli Lloyd and Alexi Lalas with Rob Stone. Two RU greats representing - how cool is that? Although whoever dressed Carli should be fired, lol.

Not sure that its a great move for Adams. It looks like Chelsea has a MF need, but lots of players go there and get lost in the churn.

I'm interested to see how Poch uses him. Looking at the roster I don't really rate him higher than a lot of other players we have so not sure how much starting time he's looking at but he can bump into regular minutes. We're still going after Caicedo as well which would also bump Adams down even more.

This is not the Chelsea of three years ago. The Russian oil money is no longer there.

Not sure what you mean about that Worm. The new owners have spent just as much money as Roman since they've come in. New ownership will be more patient one would think but Adams has to prove himself. For instance Puli was given plenty of chances and never stayed healthy enough to earn regular playing time. The only time he did during Project Re-start he played phenomenal and played regularly before he injured himself

again.
But the Saudi money is around the team.
What Saudi money? We have American ownership now.

I'm interested to see how Poch uses him. Looking at the roster I don't really rate him higher than a lot of other players we have so not sure how much starting time he's looking at but he can bump into regular minutes. We're still going after Caicedo as well which would also bump Adams down even more.

Not sure what you mean about that Worm. The new owners have spent just as much money as Roman since they've come in. New ownership will be more patient one would think but Adams has to prove himself. For instance Puli was given plenty of chances and never stayed healthy enough to earn regular playing time. The only time he did during Project Re-start he played phenomenal and played regularly before he injured himself

again.

What Saudi money? We have American ownership now.
Who is the biggest investors in the American fund management that owns Chelsea?

It's still not Saudi money per se. They don't own anything or have a control in the team. They are LP's, not MPs.
They are the same people that own Saudi clubs. Have Chelsea “sold” any players to Saudi clubs?

After N'Golo Kante and Kalidou Koulibaly, Chelsea have sold another player to the Saudi Pro League with Edouard Mendy heading to Al-Ahli in a reported £16m.

Nice little loophole they found.

It's a nice conspiracy theory but not true at all. Lots of players being sold to Saudi teams if you haven't noticed.

Also Kante was a free, not sold so you have 2 players.

It's a nice conspiracy theory but not true at all. Lots of players being sold to Saudi teams if you haven't noticed.

Also Kante was a free, not sold so you have 2 players.
But do you agree the biggest investors in the American investment group that owns Chelsea are the owners of several Saudi clubs who happen to buy players from Chelsea?

Something I am sure is being watched closely

Chelsea look set to raise nearly €50m from the sales of their three fringe players while also saving a significant amount of money in wages, with more of their deadwood still being lined up by Saudi sides.

The link between the Blues and Saudi Arabia has not been without controversy, with rumours suggesting that the PIF, the country’s investment fund which owns Newcastle United, may also have a stake in Clearlake Capital – Boehly’s investment firm which finances Chelsea – however this has been disputed by the club.

Chelsea look set to raise nearly €50m from the sales of their three fringe players while also saving a significant amount of money in wages, with more of their deadwood still being lined up by Saudi sides.

The link between the Blues and Saudi Arabia has not been without controversy, with rumours suggesting that the PIF, the country’s investment fund which owns Newcastle United, may also have a stake in Clearlake Capital – Boehly’s investment firm which finances Chelsea – however this has been disputed by the club.
No I don't agree. We sold 2 players and it wasn't above market value so no windfall of funds. We have no idea who the biggest investors in Clearlake are. The Saudis and the PIF are invested throughout the world. Also as your post states the club has disputed it as well. Since those sales there have been numerous others from clubs around Europe which all have multiple investors. It was a nice little theory at the time but it never had any legs.

No I don't agree. We sold 2 players and it wasn't above market value so no windfall of funds. We have no idea who the biggest investors in Clearlake are. The Saudis and the PIF are invested throughout the world. Also as your post states the club has disputed it as well. Since those sales there have been numerous others from clubs around Europe which all have multiple investors. It was a nice little theory at the time but it never had any legs.
Guess we will see.

And I am jealous, Spurs have the cheapest owners in the Premier League.

Reactions: Zak57
Reports that US’s first game will be at Sofi in LA and the final will be in Dallas.

What a trailing run by Pulsic! Plus, the hockey assist.

What was nice to see there was how the team maintained good attacking depth throughout that break. Puli slowed his run and remained outside the peripheral vision of the defenders ahead, so as the ball was passed, it was gonna be him or nobody. Another teammate slowed and maintained more width (to Puli's left) and depth. So even if the ball had been played on an even more acute angle, behind Puli, that guy would've had the easy opportunity.

For whatever reason, the USWNT struggled with this exact fundamental shape awareness and so a number of opportunities were lost for them.

What was nice to see there was how the team maintained good attacking depth throughout that break. Puli slowed his run and remained outside the peripheral vision of the defenders ahead, so as the ball was passed, it was gonna be him or nobody. Another teammate slowed and maintained more width (to Puli's left) and depth. So even if the ball had been played on an even more acute angle, behind Puli, that guy would've had the easy opportunity.

For whatever reason, the USWNT struggled with this exact fundamental shape awareness and so a number of opportunities were lost for them.
The Milan coach has a great reputation with younger players. Early days but Pulisic may have found an ideal spot - which is terrific news for USMNT obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: mildone
So internal team matters are best aired in Vanity Fair? Fire this clown yesterday.

By all accounts, Reyna was a very disruptive to the team during the last world cup. He's lucky he wasn't just dismissed from the team for good.

Berhalter was being unfairly eviscerated in the media for not playing Reyna during the WC. And initially, nobody but the team understood that he was well within his rights, as coach, to send Reyna home. He could've done that and remained silent about why, but that would've pissed people off even more (the not knowing).

From what we've learned since, I would've probably sent Reyna home. A player with a bad attitude is just too distracting and disruptive.

But GB was nice enough to try to give Reyna another chance to remain with the team. And he was being pounded in the media because they didn't know anything about any of it. So, finally, he got fed up and tried to provide the media with some kind of answer. I can't blame him for that.

Yeah, the situation was less than ideal for the entire team. But it was entirely Reyna's fault.

Reyna's parents were an example of just about the worst possible behavior shy of physically assaulting a coach or player on the team. They should be banned from all US Soccer events for life.

I don't see it as a problem for GB to say he and Reyna haven't spoken yet but, to paraphrase him, he wants to do what can be done to move past it together with Reyna.

Hopefully we don’t get Uzbekistan in the group stage, they are giving us a hell of a time. How is Berhalter coaching this team?

Reactions: Zak57
Hopefully we don’t get Uzbekistan in the group stage, they are giving us a hell of a time. How is Berhalter coaching this team?
Just put it on to hear the excuse train from the commentators. "Uzbekistan really came to play" should be not an allowable comment haha.

Wrexham should tap some US Team player.. but should a US player play with Wrexham?

(no, I have no idea what leagues are what quality.. that's why I asked)

Wrexham should tap some US Team player.. but should a US player play with Wrexham?

(no, I have no idea what leagues are what quality.. that's why I asked)
Wrexham is in the fourth tier of the English league structure, No player under consideration for USMNT selection would ever play for such a team, regardless of its notoriety.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Wrexham is in the fourth tier of the English league structure, No player under consideration for USMNT selection would ever play for such a team, regardless of its notoriety.
Thanks, wasn't sure how far they got promoted so far. Still its a fun show I hope is good when it starts back up. Eh.. I knew they were bottom of the bottom at the start of this thing,.. they couldn't have gotten far yet. But how does MLS compare? Are they like English 2nd level? So much better?

Nice win today. Uzbekistan played hard, but the USA was 3-0 better. Final score indicative of talent difference. This goal - especially McKennie's work on the assist - is sublime.

Reactions: fg7321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT