ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

@RUevolution36

How? I got a pre-sale for tomorrow metlife tomorrow.

Are you a Giants or Jets Season ticket holder? Or was there a pre-sale I missed.

What did the priced look like?

I am planning on getting the semifinal as well as the Argentina/Chile to take my dad.

The Semifinal at Metlife could have Argentina and/or Mexico.
Copa Presale started today. Tix were all $200+ fees and higher that I saw even in upper.

Just found another email with today's presale.... crap!

Did the games sell out. The presale for Argentina game not showing up. The presale for the Semifinal only showing Nosebleeds available, everything else is resale.

Possible they held seats back? Can't believe it would sell out in less than 12 hours.

This sucks.... really wanted to take my dad... but not for Nosebleeds.

Last edited:
Just found another email with today's presale.... crap!

Did the games sell out. The presale for Argentina game not showing up. The presale for the Semifinal only showing Nosebleeds available, everything else is resale.

Possible they held seats back? Can't believe it would sell out in less than 12 hours.

This sucks.... really wanted to take my dad... but not for Nosebleeds.
Hopefully they don’t sall all the tickets in the presale and have some left for next week. I did get 2 nosebleeds for the semifinal. Hopefully we get Argentina.

implan on going to Kansas City for the USA - Uruguay game on 7/1. Hoping to pull off a trifecta that trip: Sporting KC game Saturday night, Royals baseball Sunday and USAMNT Monday night.

Reactions: cshelley and mosito
That would be awesome Big Lou.

Ticket prices have increased exponentially. Pretty sure i spent less than $200 per ticket for the copa america 2016 for Row 1 in second level.

Reactions: Zak57
I have only ever seen him with the USMNT or in a couple vids posted here. So a very limited perspective.

What I saw from him with the USMNT was decent ability to hold and create. But he seemed to have an average work rate and also, at times, to lack pace. Although that might've been a result of not being fully recovered from an earlier injury.

If those things are true w/his club team(s), it's probably harder to hide than in international play where not every player on the field for every nation is an athletic freak of nature like they are in the upper level European leagues.

Still, I think he has potential to be an integral part of the USMNT due to his creativity.
I think Reyna needs to start showing something and sooner than later. To me he's not the best 10 we have (that's Tillman from PSV) and out wide Puli has one spot locked up and Weah has shown a lot more on the other. He's not a striker either so that's out. I guess you could play Weah as a wing back but then you are sitting Dest. Then again it's good there's competition for some of these spots.

EDIT: Also he is on the bench again today against WHU.

Last edited:
I think Reyna needs to start showing something and sooner than later. To me he's not the best 10 we have (that's Tillman from PSV) and out wide Puli has one spot locked up and Weah has shown a lot more on the other. He's not a striker either so that's out. I guess you could play Weah as a wing back but then you are sitting Dest. Then again it's good there's competition for some of these spots.

EDIT: Also he is on the bench again today against WHU.
Pretty much this.

He's got talent, but he's at the age where he has to produce consistently and stay on the field.

If we've got anybody better than Antonee Robinson we are in decent shape. He is such a good player. Ran all day against Spurs today.

If we've got anybody better than Antonee Robinson we are in decent shape. He is such a good player. Ran all day against Spurs today.
We don't. Robinson has been arguably the best left back in the prem this season. Top 3 at worst.

We don't. Robinson has been arguably the best left back in the prem this season. Top 3 at worst.
He's an indefatigable player with great pace, and a very solid defender. I've never seen him play in club play - need to make a point to do that.

His two weaknesses with the USMNT have to do with attacking play and are: (1) his entry passes from inside the final third are often off the mark, and (2) he doesn't appear to have the skillset to create offense from the back, which is something the USMNT probably needs (not necessarily from him, but from at least one of the starting defenders) to go deeper in the WC.

At least those things were true the last time I saw him playing with the USMNT. He may have become better at both things recently, I don't know.

He's an indefatigable player with great pace, and a very solid defender. I've never seen him play in club play - need to make a point to do that.

His two weaknesses with the USMNT have to do with attacking play and are: (1) his entry passes from inside the final third are often off the mark, and (2) he doesn't appear to have the skillset to create offense from the back, which is something the USMNT probably needs (not necessarily from him, but from at least one of the starting defenders) to go deeper in the WC.

At least those things were true the last time I saw him playing with the USMNT. He may have become better at both things recently, I don't know.
He has really stepped up significantly this season at Fulham.

Didn't even know that was on but I saw those last three minutes. What a miraculous goal to send this to OT!

Didn't even know that was on but I saw those last three minutes. What a miraculous goal to send this to OT!
Yep. Final play of regulation, beyond extra time and they score. Wild.

Reyna has been very productive tonight. Great to see.

Not sure why Weah was taken out, though. US seems to attack better when he’s on the field and, combined with Reyna and Puli, I think that’s the best US path to creating scoring chances.

Paramount+ sucks or maybe it's just the cable provider - frozer for a few minutes and had to go to Univision

What a goal!!!!!! Adams!!

Bournemouth is like.... can you maybe do that for us.... or play at all for us .... LMAO.

Goal masks a lot of bleh though. Robinson poor. Mckennie and Weah invisible. But 1-0 is 1-0.

Reactions: mildone
Bournemouth is like.... can you maybe do that for us.... or play at all for us .... LMAO.

Goal masks a lot of bleh though. Robinson poor. Mckennie and Weah invisible. But 1-0 is 1-0.
Bleh is a good word for the first half performance of both teams. Quality of play has been weak.

Also Mild - do you think the goalie should have done better on that shot?
As someone who's been playing keeper for about 15 years now, yes, he moved a little bit late and also if he were taller, he would've had a better chance of deflecting that away, but it was still an amazing shot.

I agree (with the HT analysis) that the team appears to lack chemistry with players in roles outside their comfort zone. But it’s not clear what the US players are supposed to be doing vs what they’re actually doing.

The usual problem of being a bit slow and lazy with passes is not helpful.

As someone who's been playing keeper for about 15 years now, yes, he moved a little bit late and also if he were taller, he would've had a better chance of deflecting that away, but it was still an amazing shot.
Yep. Nothing to take away from the contact Adams made but Ochoa has got to do better there IMO. He barely got a touch on it.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT