Pauly Paulicap....from Depaul - has exited the portal, no he hasn’t, yes he has

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Looks like there could be some interest from Rutgers

Last edited:
latest

His offense is limited to put backs and dunks. Decent shot blocker and rebounder. Basically a 6'8" center. I think it's fair to say he would be an option offf the bench.

Its obvious with Rutgers name listed that they are interested in this player and some others in the transfer portal.There is a need for front court help with Johnson leaving ,

We need another grinder that can come in and help out on the boards.

He only played 22 minutes a game at Depaul in a much less physical league. His numbers at Manhattan were alright but not earth shaking. I have seen Harrar many many times and I would much rather have him. He is 100 % all out all the time fighting for rebounds. I think our fans would love his effort.

I disagree with most of you here. I really want this kid as one of our 3-4 newbies and hope RU can beat out WVU (another defense first style coach). Pike excels at building defenses. There’s a reason Huggins wants him too.

Figured I post in both Pauly threads.

Spoke to a WVU contact from the administration there and he said WVU actually does want Paulicap. They are being up front and offering him a role coming off the bench.

Didn’t really like what I saw but they are looking to secure a bigger guy right away who can come off the bench.

Reactions: RUChoppin
You mean WVU really wants him after Huggins did a virtual meeting with him recently? That's a really cutting edge news story you picked up there.

Teams to virtual meetings with guys they want to keep contact with.

Not a shocker that WVU specifically is pitching an off the bench role but worth confirming.

Teams to virtual meetings with guys they want to keep contact with.

Not a shocker that WVU specifically is pitching an off the bench role but worth confirming.

Let’s put it this way okay? That Gabe kid who transferred from Arkansas to be a role player on WVU a few years ago made a big difference for their turnaround after a bust year following Jevon Carter’s graduation. His stats aren’t glamorous, but that kid made a difference for them on defense. They won’t be as good next year if that kid doesn’t return.

Huggins reminds me of Pike in the sense that he’s more comfortable coaching defense first (defense creating offense). Until Pike displays a successful offense first team, I’m in the camp of hoping we stick with the safer play with a defense first focus as the means of staying relevant.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
This would be a huge get for Pike for two reasons. 1 being the obvious, another big who can rebound and play defense. 2 being Pike could focus all his energy on a stretch 4 or a guard moving forward

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
This would be a huge get for Pike for two reasons. 1 being the obvious, another big who can rebound and play defense. 2 being Pike could focus all his energy on a stretch 4 or a guard moving forward

Stretch 4 AND a guard 👍

Reactions: RUChoppin
You don’t want Paulie Kneecaps and John Hardyharhar. You take 1 of these 2.

wouldn’t be shocked if kneecaps is a better fit.

I think it really comes down to what Pike sees Cliff’s role and what those 2 guys are looking for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT