ADVERTISEMENT

"People close to Stringer told NJ Advance Media..."

I have no faith in what NJ Advance Media claims.
That yellow journalism outfit has been known to leave some key facts/ words out when they are trying to make a RU HC or AD look bad.
All it takes is to report part of a comment and conveniently edit out what followed .

I have no faith in what NJ Advance Media claims.
That yellow journalism outfit has been known to leave some key facts/ words out when they are trying to make a RU HC or AD look bad.
All it takes is to report part of a comment and conveniently edit out what followed .
Stringer could speak to them herself and answer their questions. I'm sure they'd take her call and publish what she has to say. Agree?

Stringer could speak to them herself and answer their questions. I'm sure they'd take her call and publish what she has to say. Agree?
But they'd try to spin a few questions in a way to put Rutgers and her down or just in a bad light.
Edit for content/space would be the excuse for leaving part of an answer out.
When it comes to that outfit, I'd put nothing past them in the way they pursue their agenda
to fuel the flames when RU has made a mistake or it just looks like Rutgers did.

If they called, I would advise CVS to hang up quickly and not give them the time of day.

Not sure how many of you are on Twitter, but Tyler tweeted out her support for CVS and asked people to stop slandering her. So it sounds like at least one of our players agreed with the decision.
How sad that it has to come to that.

And the truth is, there are a fair number of reasons that make sense for declining the bid (they are not all necessarily "good" reasons by everyone's standards, but they are actual reasons). I personally wish they had gone to the WNIT, but I fully support their right to make whatever decision they wanted to.

But they'd try to spin a few questions in a way to put Rutgers and her down or just in a bad light.
When it comes to that outfit, I'd put nothing past them in the way they pursue their agenda
to fuel the flames when RU has made a mistake or it just looks like Rutgers did.

If they called, I would advise CVS to hang up quickly and not give them the time of day.

What is the official reason given by Stringer for accepting the WNIT bid and then declining it?

Don’t RU fans deserve an explanation from our HOF coach?

Do you think a Steve Pikeil team would reject an NIT offer? I don’t.

Not sure how many of you are on Twitter, but Tyler tweeted out her support for CVS and asked people to stop slandering her. So it sounds like at least one of our players agreed with the decision.

IMO, this is the most important post in this thread.

Scarletbb, what's Tyler's @name?

Anybody else have any twitter or other comments from any other players?

Nevertheless, Hobbs and/or CVS must comment further. This should be resolved in the RUWBB fans' minds. Otherwise this "egoistic, selfish decision" impression will fester. (Even, for example, in me, a longtime CVS fan and apologist.)

Last edited:

Mr Fake News,

I’m sure RVision is capable of posting the video of a press conference or if she can’t lower herself to do that, they can post an end of season message to fans like they did for Pikiell. So many excuses.

I think this rejection was a terrible decision. It tells me that Vivian was just so mad at not getting the NCAA bid. RU has no one to blame but themselves. They obviously didn't come ready to play in their last regular season game when they let a Northwestern team that came in with only 3 conference wins spank them. Vivian & her staff must take some of that blame as well. That was horrible and should not have happened knowing they needed a win to finish at .500 in conference and to make the dance. If you are a competitor you want to compete. I see no reason to turn down the bid. Did we think we are too good for the WNIT? I coached high school sports for 36 years and I looked forward to every competition that we had. I would think all coaches and athletes would feel the same way. I believe this is a slap in the face to the fans as well.

what exactly did she say..or should I say tweet? (I don't).

One could make that ask out of respect but still not agree with the decision. Maybe she does/maybe she doesn't. She's going WNBA so I'm sure it affects her the least. She also seemed a bit tired end season so perhaps she is fine with it.

1. Tyler Scaife‏@T_SCAIFE Mar 13
  2. I support CVS and I'm riding with her until the wheels fall off
    1f60e.png

3. Tyler Scaife‏@T_SCAIFE Mar 13
    Please stop with the CVS slander
    1f644.png

I see someone else posted her twitter handle, so I will just mention that I saw that Chelsea Newton and Kahleah Copper liked Tyler's tweet. I also saw April Sykes tweeted her support. April's take was that many may not understand the decision, but CVS's players do. She also said "When you expect more, never settle for less" which might be one of Vivian's sayings or at least what April learned from her.

I see someone else posted her twitter handle, so I will just mention that I saw that Chelsea Newton and Kahleah Copper liked Tyler's tweet. I also saw April Sykes tweeted her support. April's take was that many may not understand the decision, but CVS's players do. She also said "When you expect more, never settle for less" which might be one of Vivian's sayings or at least what April learned from her.
Khadijah Rushdan as well

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Enough is enough. For years Ocean and Monmouth players and coaches refuse to go near Rutgers because of her. Recruits from Mississippi to Mars on our roster every year.
Can you please clarify the Ocean/Monmouth comment compared to the Mississippi/Mars remark. Sounds very Imus like as in racist. And as I said elsewhere what stars like as in top 20 schools as in top 20 colleges have come from the shore as of late? I am blanking on any offhand, thanks.

Can you please clarify the Ocean/Monmouth comment compared to the Mississippi/Mars remark. Sounds very Imus like as in racist. And as I said elsewhere what stars like as in top 20 schools as in top 20 colleges have come from the shore as of late? I am blanking on any offhand, thanks.
Look in the other thread, I didn’t name names but I did mention some of the schools.

And don’t link the term racist to @HeavenUniv. again.

Will also reiterate that this is a little of her and little ABR.

What is the official reason given by Stringer for accepting the WNIT bid and then declining it?

Don’t RU fans deserve an explanation from our HOF coach?

Do you think a Steve Pikeil team would reject an NIT offer? I don’t.
Oh please Knightmoves. Don't compare a 2nd year coach from a powerhouse school like StonyBrook to A Hall of Fame Coach with almost 1,000 wins that took over a dumpster fire of a team. Love his passion, like what he has done so far, BUT.....please do not compare!

Look in the other thread, I didn’t name names but I did mention some of the schools.

And don’t link the term racist to @HeavenUniv. again.

Will also reiterate that this is a little of her and little ABR.
Meh, he can reply for himself if I am off base. Please name some names, I really can't think of any.

Oh please Knightmoves. Don't compare a 2nd year coach from a powerhouse school like StonyBrook to A Hall of Fame Coach with almost 1,000 wins that took over a dumpster fire of a team. Love his passion, like what he has done so far, BUT.....please do not compare!
For one, we would have already heard his explanation/reasoning as to why he accepted or rejected a NIT bid.

This person is right @Knightmoves, there is no comparison. (insert eye roll emoji here - lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: shields
Meh, he can reply for himself if I am off base. Please name some names, I really can't think of any.
You ARE off base as it pertains to @HeavenUniv. and since I already gave you some examples feel free to look up the rosters yourself if it matters to you so much.

Again, I believe CVS is smart in realizing:

1. some of the girls south of the Garden State Art Center aren’t what she’s looking for.

2. some aren’t interested in playing for her.

3. some aren’t interested in Rutgers.

So she smartly looks elsewhere for the talent she needs. Nothing wrong with that. That’s what a good coach does.

Last edited:
The thing with Pikiell is you read he is at the games that Mulcahy is playing at. Never hear what Stringer is doing with recruiting. Stringer was at this potential recruits game. I still remember when Stringer was at a game that Essence was playing in and gave hug to someone in her family and Seton Hall coach was upset about this. Someone can check if I am right about this.

Last edited:
Coaches and players have strengths and weaknesses.Coach Stringer was the reason many of the top womens high school basketball players came to Rutgers in past seasons.There was great success for a period of time with high rankings and NCAA Tournament appearances including the Final four.The media was behind her during the IMUS fiasco bur for most of the other time of her tenure the relationship was not good.Plain and simple Stringer hasn't been media savvy and not accepting a WNIT bid without a explanation just causes further controversy.

The Mabrey sisters (Notre Dame) and Katelynn Flaherty (Michigan) are the ones I can think of without having to do some research.

The shore conference in girls basketball is like the big north in football. Just look at the top 10 in NJ girls basketball it is dominated by shore conference teams. It produces national level recruits as well as a good amount of fundamentally sound players on the D1 level in most years. Just like in football in the big north if you are not recruiting there on a regular basis they will shut you out when the diamonds are being mined. This extends to the area AAU teams. They were onboard early with RU but that relationship has been strained for the better part of a decade.

The question is why? What happened? Why don't they like CVS for their players?
It goes both ways. As E5 said earlier. It is a combination of ABR but also RU has been mainly nonexistent at many of the local AAU and shore events for years.

Local coaches have said that Stringer doesn't think she resonates with "suburban kids." So the central jersey/shore area has not been a priority in recruiting.

Stringer did not take over a dumpster fire of a team. Grentz ran a great program and was regularly in the postseason.
1994-95 Rutgers 17-13 - -
1993-94 Rutgers 22-8 - NCAA First Round
1992-93 Rutgers 22-9 - NCAA Second Round
1991-92 Rutgers 21-11 - NCAA Second Round
1990-91 Rutgers 23-7 20 NCAA First Round
1989-90 Rutgers 20-10 - NCAA First Round
1988-89 Rutgers 24-7 - NCAA Second Round
1987-88 Rutgers 27-5 8 NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1986-87 Rutgers 30-3 5 NCAA Regional Finalist
1985-86 Rutgers 29-4 10 NCAA Regional Finalist
1984-85 Rutgers 19-9 - -
1983-84 Rutgers 20-9 - -
1982-83 Rutgers 19-10 - -
1981-82 Rutgers 25-7 8 AIAW National Champions
1980-81 Rutgers 27-6 9 AIAW National Tournament
1979-80 Rutgers 28-5 8 AIAW National Tournament
1978-79 Rutgers 28-4 7 AIAW National Tournament
1977-78 Rutgers 16-12 - EAIAW Tournament
1976-77 Rutgers 17-11 - EAIAW Tournament

If that is a dumpster fire. Sign me up!!!

Calling out the men's team is irrelevant and claiming honest questions as potentially racist is a poor look for this forum.
I've seen it before when things get tough over here.

Reactions: RULoyal
It is very unusual for Rutgers to have a coach of any sport that becomes "untouchable" to the AD and administration like you commonly see in the top programs. But, CVS, I believe, has that stature at RU. I honestly do not believe any other coach would have done this. Can't get that 1000 soon enough!

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT