Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Seems like the options appear to be:
Georgia Tech
Syracuse
Boston College
Duke

I think we play either G-Tech or Cuse. I think the Cuse game could be interesting with two northeast teams but we will see.

The Yankees will push for Syracuse. They see this game as a sellout with this matchup, no matter what. Book it- Rutgers vs. Syracuse. Anything else would shock me as any other matchup might not sellout, especially if weather is a factor.

Not to hijack the thread, but GW had 34 attempts yesterday. 13 completions. Not sure more pass attempts are going to make a difference in his development.

Can't know what you got unless you let him prove it.
Rather know definitively than another 10 pass performance and unknown going into next season.

$hit or get off the pot.
I didn't actually get to watch much of the game but it appears we at least have our answer (for better or worse)?

Reactions: Knight Shift
It was awful.

The throw by throw analysis is going to demonstrate that it was 10x worse than even the stats say. More than half of those 13 completions were terrible throws. Either acrobatic play made by our receivers or short route lateral passes that were caught but failed to pick up the designed post catch yardage because the ball was poorly thrown. Awful.

To this end, we may not have the best play callers, but we certainly tried to mix things up in this game and get Kyle involved in the pass game. It’s pretty clear that the problem is Gavin simply cannot place the ball well enough for those plays to be effective often enough.

The throw by throw analysis is going to demonstrate that it was 10x worse than even the stats say. More than half of those 13 completions were terrible throws. Either acrobatic play made by our receivers or short route lateral passes that were caught but failed to pick up the designed post catch yardage because the ball was poorly thrown. Awful.

To this end, we may not have the best play callers, but we certainly tried to mix things up in this game and get Kyle involved in the pass game. It’s pretty clear that the problem is Gavin simply cannot place the ball well enough for those plays to be effective often enough.
Kyle could have been 7 ft 11 and he would not have caught some of those short passes that sailed way over his head. No touch on short passes.

Let’s be honest people don’t want Cuse or BC for fear of losing and having to deal with their fans noting they have passed us.

Sorry but I’d rather play a semi local rival where there is some bad blood to make it interesting rather than a school like GT where there is no history.

The ACC does not make bowl assignments the way the B1G does. There is no defined bowl selection order. Nor is there a no-repeat rule. The selections are made by consensus among the conference, the teams, the bowls, and ESPN. The objective is to create the most attractive matchups possible.

What all this means, we shall see.

The ACC does not make bowl assignments the way the B1G does. There is no defined bowl selection order. Nor is there a no-repeat rule. The selections are made by consensus among the conference, the teams, the bowls, and ESPN. The objective is to create the most attractive matchups possible.

What all this means, we shall see.
Interesting point.

Duke is a worlds better team than Syracuse and BC. Their 7-5 is nothing like their 6-6 records. 4 of Duke’s losses were to ND, FSU, UofL and UNC (3 of them on the road). They laid one egg in a bad loss to UVA. But Duke beat Clemson, NC State and NW. it’s not close.

RU would have a chance vs Sewercuse
Their QB Scheader is pretty banged up
Not necessarily. Syracuse at least has a semblance of offense and their biggest issue seems to be poor discipline and the resulting penalties. Their play style is erratic- I’ll bet we would be an underdog against anyone we play.

Syracuse gives us a good chance to win, and I would say even win big. Perception is reality, 7-6 and a bowl win is a heck of a better reality going into the off season than 6-7 and getting trounced by GT or Duke. We simply do not have a QB that can compete with winning programs, take Syracuse, be happy, and find ourselves a QB in the portal.

Syracuse gives us a good chance to win, and I would say even win big. Perception is reality, 7-6 and a bowl win is a heck of a better reality going into the off season than 6-7 and getting trounced by GT or Duke. We simply do not have a QB that can compete with winning programs, take Syracuse, be happy, and find ourselves a QB in the portal.
Yes - this. I want to play a team we can beat. And agree we must get a QB in the portal. Gavin has to be told that it’s a real QB competition next year and the job isn’t his to lose going into the season. He can decide whether to stay or leave and let the chips fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT