ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Opponent?

Our record is what it is, 6-6; if NW is available then Pinstripe could grab them and get us the next year we have 6+ wins.
That’s VERY possible. They have to take 5 B1G teams in a 6-year span. But…Purdue boy likely isn’t even aware of that.

Going strictly by record, yes we should be heading to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl or the Quick Lane Bowl. But I don't think there is any chance in hell that the Pinstripe Bowl passes on us. Northwestern doesn't travel that well and there is no guarantee the Pinstripe Bowl will be in a position to take us next year or the year after.

What sucks is that had we won Saturday, we'd be in a great position to get Vegas. All of the other dominoes (Nebraska and Illinois losing) fell into place.

As far as opponent, we need to win the game. I'll take my chances with anyone except Duke.

• Sad
Reactions: RW90 and RUTGERS95
Going strictly by record, yes we should be heading to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl or the Quick Lane Bowl. But I don't think there is any chance in hell that the Pinstripe Bowl passes on us. Northwestern doesn't travel that well and there is no guarantee the Pinstripe Bowl will be in a position to take us next year or the year after.

What sucks is that had we won Saturday, we'd be in a great position to get Vegas.

As far as opponent, we need to win the game. I'll take my chances with anyone except Duke.
Duke without Elko doesn't scare me. We should be favored by whichever ACC team we draw.

Reactions: LeapinLou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT