ADVERTISEMENT

Pinstripe Opponent?

Syracuse gives us a good chance to win, and I would say even win big. Perception is reality, 7-6 and a bowl win is a heck of a better reality going into the off season than 6-7 and getting trounced by GT or Duke. We simply do not have a QB that can compete with winning programs, take Syracuse, be happy, and find ourselves a QB in the portal.
Looking at the stats, it seems Syracuse is decent against the run, and not nearly as good against the pass. That isn’t a great matchup for RU because we can’t take advantage of bad pass defenses.

BC is a better matchup because, while they can move the ball on offense, they can’t stop anything on defense so we could just run the ball down their throats and control the game.

Looking at the stats, it seems Syracuse is decent against the run, and not nearly as good against the pass. That isn’t a great matchup for RU because we can’t take advantage of bad pass defenses.

BC is a better matchup because, while they can move the ball on offense, they can’t stop anything on defense so we could just run the ball down their throats and control the game.
I would take BC as well, again 7-6 is a lot better going into the off season than 6-7 and I just don't think we match up well against GT or Duke.

Yes - this. I want to play a team we can beat. And agree we must get a QB in the portal. Gavin has to be told that it’s a real QB competition next year and the job isn’t his to lose going into the season. He can decide whether to stay or leave and let the chips fall.
I totally agree with needing to improve the WB position.

However, nothing made RU’s lack of weapons at the skill position sink in more for me than when on yesterday’s telecast they had to dig so deep for players to focus on from our offense that our “top wide receiver” listed was a former walk on who was averaging about 36 receiving yards per game.

Reactions: Knight Shift

BC would probably be the easiest of the 4 possible Pinstripe opponents to beat. We ran for over 200+ last year vs them with a worse team. Monangai would run all over them.

The Yankees will push for Syracuse. They see this game as a sellout with this matchup, no matter what. Book it- Rutgers vs. Syracuse. Anything else would shock me as any other matchup might not sellout, especially if weather is a factor.
Syracuse sellout Yankee? LOLOL … they literally just played there 2 weeks ago against big regional rival Pitt (in the 100th anniversary game) and there was 300 people there … Yankees will learn to stay away from that dumpster fire

7AiVdhd_d.webp

Syracuse sellout Yankee? LOLOL … they literally just played there 2 weeks ago against big regional rival Pitt (in the 100th anniversary game) and there was 300 people there … Yankees will learn to stay away from that dumpster fire

7AiVdhd_d.webp
Yeah I think the Yankees have enough of a sample study to know that Cuse ain't drawing shit.

Not necessarily. Syracuse at least has a semblance of offense and their biggest issue seems to be poor discipline and the resulting penalties. Their play style is erratic- I’ll bet we would be an underdog against anyone we play.

Sewercuse has a better offense if Schrader is healthy and plays
But RU has a chance against them.

RU has no chance vs Duke and almost no chance vs GA Tech

I hope so but RU is really easy to defend with no passing attack.

GA Tech QB is very good
They can't defend the run. At all. Good QB, yes, but with a month to rest/heal and prepare, I love Greg in these situations (and this is coming from someone who thought Greg did a HORRIBLE job yesterday, both preparing and adjusting, so FWIW).

A number of bowl projections I’ve seen, has the Pinstripe as RU vs Ga Tech. I think that would be an interesting and tough matchup. RU would be healthier (so would GT). They were 5-3 in the ACC. Had wins against Miami & UNC and losses to Bowling Green and BC. They played Georgia tough yesterday.

Reactions: Knight Shift
5 times this season.
I do a shit load of sports betting bruh
yup...like I said...they lost to both Bowling Green and BC.

BC - put up 563 total yards (308 on the ground). Season average 383/game total yards. Put up 38 (averaged 25 PPG this season)
BG - 103 Total O nationally yet put up 438 yards and 38 points (averaged 26 this season)

(we averaged 22.3 PPG this season but faced the toughest schedule in the nation when it comes to Total D/Scoring D)

7AiVdhd_d.webp
Nobody wants to see a football game in Yankee Stadium unless they are absolutely forced to. Like our situation with the Pimpstripe Bowl aka ‘ the Bowl that no Team wants”.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
yup...like I said...they lost to both Bowling Green and BC.

BC - put up 563 total yards (308 on the ground). Season average 383/game total yards. Put up 38 (averaged 25 PPG this season)
BG - 103 Total O nationally yet put up 438 yards and 38 points (averaged 26 this season)

(we averaged 22.3 PPG this season but faced the toughest schedule in the nation when it comes to Total D/Scoring D)
And Maryland lost to NW

How did yesterday’s game go for RU ?

I’m saying that GA Tech is not a good match up for RU

And Maryland lost to NW

How did yesterday’s game go for RU ?

I’m saying that GA Tech is not a good match up for RU
BASED ON WHAT, though? Give us something.

Total D - 5th worst in P5
Run D - WORST in P5
Lost to: BC and Bowling Green
Played in: the shitty ACC
Did not face: The defenses we faced; NOT EVEN CLOSE....

....looks like a damn good "matchup" to me.

7AiVdhd_d.webp
I think more will go to a bowl game. My comment was only dealing with the way the suits of the Yankees would feel.

Georgia 31
G - Tech 23 that’s abysmal?
THAT is one of THE biggest rivalry games in college football. Throw it out the window (as I've always done for every team going into bowl season...). Look at the rest of their season. They CAN NOT stop the run. They lost to Boston College and Bowling Green.

They can't defend the run. At all. Good QB, yes, but with a month to rest/heal and prepare, I love Greg in these situations (and this is coming from someone who thought Greg did a HORRIBLE job yesterday, both preparing and adjusting, so FWIW).
He does have a knack for bowl prep. I'll give him that. Not sure what he does..oh nevermind.

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I would be fine with playing any of them. BC would be my last pick.

Some of you never stop complainig. First true bowl game in early a decade and whining you don't want to beat the shit out of Syracuse?

are people actively rooting for the easiest opponent instead of drawing the best possible opponent to give our program a chance to actually do something. Bring on the best team. Sorry playing BC would also be disastrous for attendance
BC probably bring more fans than GT
Don’t think amount of RU fans going changes.
7-6 lot better than 6-7. Just is.

Reactions: Jimpeg
are people actively rooting for the easiest opponent instead of drawing the best possible opponent to give our program a chance to actually do something. Bring on the best team. Sorry playing BC would also be disastrous for attendance
you need to ask this with our fans?

Why is CBS projecting us for the Guaranteed Rate bowl and NW for Pinstripe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT