ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUIT UPDATE: Big start for 4-star commit Colin Kurdyla

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
4-star 2023 attacking middie Colin Kurdyla (Rutgers commit ranked #29 nationally by IL) has started the high school season with guns blazing, leading Bridgewater-Raritan to a 2-0 start. He had 6 goals and 2 assists in the first game and 3 goals and 3 assists in the second game.

Kid is the biggest recruit we’ve gotten to date. He checks every box. The only question is where do you play him exactly? He can play offensive middie, but he is long and fast. He’d be a terror as D mid in our system.

Saw a clip of recently of him slicing through the other team to score. You always want to see kids develop and get comfortable on their own time, but you can’t help but be very excited about this kid. He’d play for us right now if was on the team.

He was a huge target of Marylands. They deployed everything they had to get him. You can see why by looking at that one clip alone.

I don’t want to post it here but there is some great stories I heard around his recruitment. It’s a crazy world.

I’ve seen a couple of 5* middies in this class. I’d take him over them in a nano second.

I am really excited to see both Kurdyla's on the field together for us.

I like him as an offensive middie but if there is a larger need for him at D then so be it!

Reactions: Caliknight
I am really excited to see both Kurdyla's on the field together for us.

I like him as an offensive middie but if there is a larger need for him at D then so be it!
If he plays D mid, he can stay on offense and really make plays in transition which he looks tailor made for.

You can play him anywhere really.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Kid is going to be a monster, had 6 goals against Hunterdon Central whose Faceoff kid is going to Maryland. I doubt that he will play another game without being shutoff as poles don’t work and doubles don’t work. I could see him starting g as a d-middie as that will be a big position of need and he is the best defensive player on his team.

I’ve been paying close attention to the middies ranked as 5 stars. I don’t want to put too much pressure out there but i’’m telling you he might be the best high school midfielder in the country.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
I think you have to play him on O. Too much firepower to limit his possessions. Too much to ask for him to play full time both ways. You want him with fresh legs on offense late in the game.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Kid is legit as a lax player but even a better person. RU is lucky to have him. The older brother is awesome as well. Can’t wait to see them both on the field

Last edited:
Reactions: FoxRU and RU-Hunter
Another 6 points yesterday - won’t get to see him in the TOC unfortunately…and he missed the rumson fair haven semi last year due to injury. We’ll see if BR can get some revenge in a couple weeks, should be a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT