ADVERTISEMENT

RU on BTN Today

Wasn't
I don’t watch replays of sporting events but was just putting out the reason why you don’t see it on BTN.
I found the game to be highly enjoyable. We got bad Gary and good Gary all in one game. Janarion Grant was key in getting RU in good field position.

At the end of the game, the announcers were all over Flood Rutgers for not getting in the victory formation with 1:53 left to play. His answer in the presser was not very good (":We should have done it on the last play, butwhen we started the drive, we could not have, so we needed to run some plays at that point to make sure we could get into victory time or downtime or whatever people will call it in their programs but we could have done it on the lastplay; maybe we should have."). IIRC, 2013 was the year some were sure Flood was going to get fired, and then the team beat USF to become bowl eligible.

Here's the play sequence, and no reason they could not have taken a knee and run out the clock:

• 1st & 10 at RUTG 37​

(1:53 - 4th) Savon Huggins rush for no gain to the Rutgr 37.
  • 2nd & 10 at RUTG 37​

(1:06 - 4th) Savon Huggins rush for no gain to the Rutgr 37.
  • 3rd & 10 at RUTG 37​

(0:00 - 4th) Savon Huggins rush for no gain to the Rutgr 37.

Wasn't

I found the game to be highly enjoyable. We got bad Gary and good Gary all in one game. Janarion Grant was key in getting RU in good field position.

At the end of the game, the announcers were all over Flood Rutgers for not getting in the victory formation with 1:53 left to play. His answer in the presser was not very good (":We should have done it on the last play, butwhen we started the drive, we could not have, so we needed to run some plays at that point to make sure we could get into victory time or downtime or whatever people will call it in their programs but we could have done it on the lastplay; maybe we should have."). IIRC, 2013 was the year some were sure Flood was going to get fired, and then the team beat USF to become bowl eligible.

Here's the play sequence, and no reason they could not have taken a knee and run out the clock:

• 1st & 10 at RUTG 37​

• 2nd & 10 at RUTG 37​

• 3rd & 10 at RUTG 37​

I just remember being so happy with the team after that win. It was early in the season so it was viewed as a key test going in and our O played well. Our O was actually exciting to watch that day.

The looks on the faces of their fans and their team on the sideline were priceless!

Oh, well, if we're gonna discuss that:

0fgcyNy.jpg

dw3vlcl.jpg

llaSQK1.jpg

buaRkG1.jpg

kZxMKDN.jpg

Wasn't

• 1st & 10 at RUTG 37​

• 2nd & 10 at RUTG 37​

• 3rd & 10 at RUTG 37​

Flood ! He was a buffoon. But got paid

Not even close. As poor as our play has been, I think we'd give them a solid thumping.
2022 season’s end Sagarin has #114 Rutgers (60.40) beating #134 Connecticut (56.15) by 1 point at their place.
I’m guessing you think we are making a quantum leap in improvement this year and UConn is stuck in neutral.

2022 season’s end Sagarin has #114 Rutgers (60.40) beating #134 Connecticut (56.15) by 1 point at their place.
I’m guessing you think we are making a quantum leap in improvement this year and UConn is stuck in neutral.

Doesn't matter what that says. If we were to play them opening the 2023 season, it wouldn't be very close. Season's end might be a different story in a closer game as a full Big 10 season is grueling and exposes our lack of quality depth.

Flood ! He was a buffoon. But got paid
When he was finally given a decent budget to hire a decent OC, he went 8-5/3-5, which is the ONLY time a Rutgers coach has had a winning season in the B1G. Save the drama that it was all due to Greg's recruits. He was a decent game day coach, notwithstanding that sequence in the 2013 Arkansas game.

When he was finally given a decent budget to hire a decent OC, he went 8-5/3-5, which is the ONLY time a Rutgers coach has had a winning season in the B1G. Save the drama that it was all due to Greg's recruits. He was a decent game day coach, notwithstanding that sequence in the 2013 Arkansas game.
3-5 was not a winning record in the BIG

But yeah he had some good moments . I agree he was decent gameday coach. The other 353 days not so decent.

Reactions: Local Shill
6-6 and losing the bowl game at 6-7 would be a great year.
Yes exactly. That’s why it’s hard to spit on that 8-5 year. For now, that season is arguably our most successful season outside of 2006 since… I’m not sure how far you’d actually have to go back. None of the other bowl years in the BE were more impressive than 2014.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yes exactly. That’s why it’s hard to spit on that 8-5 year. For now, that season is arguably our most successful season outside of 2006 since… I’m not sure how far you’d actually have to go back. None of the other bowl years in the BE were more impressive than 2014.

I still think about what might have been: if Nova hadn't thrown those 6 INT's against the Pedophile Enablers......

I still think about what might have been: if Nova hadn't thrown those 6 INT's against the Pedophile Enablers......
Even with that game, 2014 is RU's high water mark asa B1G team. It is also the only year RU beat one of the blue bloods of UM, tOSU Penn State and Wisconsin. RU has beat Michigan State, but they have slipped quite a bit since Dantonio retired.

And missing a wide open TE Kroft at the end of the game resulted in the loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT