ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs JOHNNY game thread

We're playing excellent tonight, but on the other side, is St. John's really this bad? What happened to the St. John's that was full of incredible athletes of the recent past? It looks like they don't have any plan, any big talents, any size like they've had recently, etc.

Corey plays defense. Looks to love to play defense actually. Disruptive like crazy.

Corey plays defense. Looks to love to play defense actually. Disruptive like crazy.

Sometimes I think he gets too overexcited trying to play D and it's going to hurt him against better teams. By that, I mean there were a few times where I saw him in the air on a fake. A good player will just lean into him and take the FTs. Build up his fouls and get him off the court. Great to see his excitement for D, though. I'm seeing that from a number of people on the team tonight.

The Johnnies at home....you know they a run in them....gotta maintain the defensive intensity and play smart

The only negative so far is the excessive fouling which has been minimized by poor foul shooting by St.Johns.Rutgers 42-27 with 15 minutes remaining in the second half.

The fouls and lack of rebounding is keeping St John's from being blown out.

We're playing excellent tonight, but on the other side, is St. John's really this bad? What happened to the St. John's that was full of incredible athletes of the recent past? It looks like they don't have any plan, any big talents, any size like they've had recently, etc.

Their 4 seniors, Harrison, Greene, Pointer and Branch combined for 49 ppg, 18.9 rpg and 8.9 apg.

Edit: Rysheed Jordan who was a 14+ ppg scorer left too.

Standard need to beat the refs too. Horrific no call on Daniels. And here comes the run.

On cue, fouls on RU, setting the stage for late game points for the Johnnies

Waited too long for that TO. Would have liked to see it 2 possessions earlier.

Keep the completely negativity off the board, please. Just because he's not a double double guy doesn't make him a waste. He's decent filling his rolls (defend the 5 with a little athleticism and provide leadership).

Agreed he played some very good games last year. He'll be a big help this year. Not his best game tonight and that happens.

this is a good test for this young team on the road to see if they can repel a SJU run or runs...they seemed to fight back the first one but I still seem them forcing too much with bad percentage shots instead of setting up the offense

Mullins TOs don't seem to be a clinic in Xs and Os. We're good guys...we're good. Keep ya head up. OK ready break.

Lead back up to 14. How often would we see the team last year fall apart when the other team makes a run?!? I'm liking the effort tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT