ADVERTISEMENT

RU Wrestling : Next up NorthEast Duels

197: Hrymack vs Chip Ness...Hrymack gets two takedowns, then inexplicably gets completely out of position, reversed and rolls gently over allowing 4 backs. If it 7-4, Hrymack out but taken down, so now 9-5. allows more backs by gently rolling over again!!!! 11-5. and Hrymack giving up another major loss 14-6 when the team needs a regular loss if a senior must lose.
RU 15 - UNC 13

Last edited:
197: Chip Ness (UNC) hands Hayden Hrymack (#RUWR) a 14-6 defeat. No. 17 RU leads No. 13 UNC, 15-13, going into the final match at HWT.

285: Smith vs Cory Daniel (r-Fr)...smith gets 2 takedowns and some riding in the first period ending 4-1. Escape by Daniel and takedown by smith then escape again, so 6-3. conservative, but lots more takedowns, so Smith wins 12-4.
RU 19 - UNC 13

MVPs: Ashnault and Perrotti for beating top 5 opponents

Last edited:
125: Sean McCabe vs Dylan Peters #9 (jr) and AA two years ago (6th)...Peters just too much for McCabe and wins 13-5.
RU 0 - UNI 4

Last edited:
I said a "tad"; I think we're in the 20-25 range, not 15-20 range.
How many D1 major wrestling schools are their....i don't think theres as many as CFB to make top 25 as impressive as Top 10 or 12......i hope were talking over 100 schools..

I tend to agree. Dippery doesn't appear to be ready to win many BIG 10 matches. So far Richie Lewis not looking to good either.

I would disagree...we are not in contention at B10 or Nationally for any title. Why not let Theo do his very best needing a year of Redshirt. He burned a year stepping in for Mario Mason already, so he has not been selfish. without a redshirt, Theo is top 20, but i cant say he is lock to be on the podium.

Josh (re: Theo), I guess it depends what your goals are. Are they to have as many guys AA as possible? Are they to do as well as a team as possible? Wrestling is such an odd sport in that regard.

133: giraldo vs Alber (r-Fr) who was 4x Illinois champion in high school. no score in first period. giraldo out after 50 seconds. A little too close and giraldo gets hit for another BULLSHIT stalling call.. he has to cut him loose and go for a takedown. Giraldo took no shots and did nothing in last minute, settling for a close loss. inexplicable given the pin earlier.
RU 0 - UNI 7

Last edited:
Nice win over UNC.
He is such a feast or famine / enigma. I love watching him when he's on but man does he give us fits lol!

Let's hope he can develop some consistency this season.
Yeah if he's consistent, then he's really tough & can beat anyone.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
141: Ashnault v Trevor Jauch (sr) - AA gets first takedown off nice move by Jauch he didnt complete. AA so fast. gets 4 point tilt. takedown in second period. up 8-1 with lots of riding. escape jauch, takedown AA. now 10-2 going int third. Ashnault gets major 14-5
RU 4 - UNI 7

Last edited:
141: No. 8 Anthony Ashnault (#RUWR) wins by a 14-5 major over Trevor Jauch (UNI). No. 17 RU is on the board and trails No. 25 UNI, 7-4.

I expect Ash to move into the top 4 after this weekend !

BOOM !

149: BOOOM! Tyson Dippery (#RUWR) wins by fall over Gunnar Wolfensperger!! No. 17 RU takes the lead, 10-7, over No. 25 Northern Iowa

157: Richie Lewis v Bryce Steiert (fr) - no score in first period. Lewis escape in 2nd is it. Steiert escapes quickly in third. Lewis gets in deep in SV, but Steiert hips are so good. Lewis out quickly in 30 sec rideout. Lewis rides him out for the victory!! A great day by Lewis.
RU 13 - UNI 7

Last edited:
165: Perrotti vs Taylor Berger (sr) - AP gets first takedown and two tilts for 6-0 lead to end 1st period. Perrotti is AP...inexplicable loss followed by taking out #3 and a dominant win here in the making. Up 11-1 at end of second period. AP gets taken down and reverses with banana split...he uses it to pin with one second to go!!
RU 19 - UNI 7

Last edited:
Reactions: Jersey Boys
174: Bakuckas vs Drew Foster (r-Fr) - Phil gets first takedown and lots of riding, plus stall call. An absolute must win for Phil today. Phil gets out in second period. in 3rd, Foster takes standing after big ride by Phil in first. Phil gets takedown and rides out. Wins a nice match 6-1
RU 22 - UNI 7

Last edited:
I'm so glad I spent the $20 for the monthly subscription to Flo. The Grapple at the Garden is 2 weeks away, although I may just ride the train to MSG and see it in person. Although issues w the clock, which I think is the Tourney's responsibility, the coverage has been terrific.

184: Gravina vs Cody Cadwell (Sr) - takedown by caldwell, escape gravina,, then late period great takedown by Gravina to go up 3-2. way to win the period. nick escapes in 2nd and counters shot to get takedown. up 6-2 and gaining confidence. Nick on top in 3rd, rides hard. He is our best leg wrestler by far. wins 7-2. Good Day Nick!
RU 25 - UNI 7

Last edited:
Reactions: NickyNewark51
What happened to highly ranked 165 N Iowa Cooper Moore who was suppose to wrestle AP ?

197: Hrymack vs Kreimwiede (sr) - Hayden gets takedown but again rolls acoss back. lucky to not get into a lot of trouble. holds on and picks up a few points.here and there. nearly gets taken down to backs. I wish he had the redshirt year to purely pack on muscle and learn legs. But another RU win 7-3.
RU 28 - UNI 7 (Is this unreal or what?)

Reactions: NickyNewark51
285: Smith vs Blaize Cabell #4 - Smith gets called for stalling (BULLSHIT) by refs. Leo is right to challenge. Is a wrestler not allowed to defend at all on the edge? it was clearly not stalling and the first time going out backwards. Just change the rule to pushout like olympic freestyle.
Smith just too conservative and gets taken down a couple times. Cabell wins 9-3

Last edited:
Looks like #17 was about right after all.

Let's see if this year's team can sustain its early success over the course of the long season. There is some very good individual talent here and hopefully they will progress as the season moves forward.

There are 75 D1 schools
Thats about what i assumed......i like where were going here but that stupid ''overrated '' in the top 15-20 post worried me...I'm pretty new following wrestling...hadn't followed since i followed Belleville HS in the 70s/80s...i mean its nice to be in at least the upper 20 percent...so him saying he thought we were a ''tad overrated'' at 15-20 un nerved me...were underrated if you asked me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT