ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Rutgers offers Transfer Portal DT -- Joey Slackman

The good thing with this kid- he has graduated from UPenn- he will most likely be doing pretty damn well in his post football career anyway so maybe a 5-6 figure NIL does not matter so much as staying close to home.

Excellent prospect, and exactly what we need, with Ahanotu and Iton in their last year.

The good thing with this kid- he has graduated from UPenn- he will most likely be doing pretty damn well in his post football career anyway so maybe a 5-6 figure NIL does not matter so much as staying close to home.
Hopes and prayers arent as effective as contributions to our NIL collective.

Last edited:
Reactions: eddynyse

And the Ivies won't let you take an extra covid year if you graduated so he could not stay at Penn. Preseason 2nd team All-Ivy, so it will be interesting to see where he ended up. The league has put a few DL into the NFL the last few years, but no stars. At worst I see him providing quality depth that this team has generally had trouble maintaining.

Hopes and prayers arent as effective as contributions to our NIL collective.

Obviously unfortunately you know this fanbase. All opinions but rather die than contribute anything else.

My GOD can some of you just leave it alone for ONE DAMN THREAD??

YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE ****ING CHOIR!!! WE KNOW, WE KNOW, WE KNOW!!!!

Because of archaic Ivy Legue rules there are players to be found if you are looking for one year fixes.

I’m not getting my hopes up for this young man. He’s up to 14 offers and several heavy NIL hitters. Texas, Oregon, USC and Tennessee

Nope, not leaving it alone. Everyone needs to contribute or else our major athletic programs will become irrelevant and noncompetitve.
yeah ehhh sorry, no - do you still want to TELL everyone WTF to do? If $11 a month is nothing- up yours to 22 and put my name on half of it. thanks :)

Reactions: Scarlet1984
My GOD can some of you just leave it alone for ONE DAMN THREAD??

YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE ****ING CHOIR!!! WE KNOW, WE KNOW, WE KNOW!!!!
Leave alone how college football recruiting works ? What’s the point in following the team year round if you want to ignore the number 1 way teams are acquiring players especially transfer portal players. It’s not going away this kid is not coming here now unless he wants to be real close to home. He will go where the money is. He will go where the fan bases give a shit other than to talk and complain about why we are not getting it done. NIL is fundamental going forward.

yeah ehhh sorry, no - do you still want to TELL everyone WTF to do? If $11 a month is nothing- up yours to 22 and put my name on half of it. thanks :)
So you are here just to pass the time out of boredom because it’s obvious you do not want to win. Are you gonna tell me 11 feeds a family as well?

Reactions: Morrischiano
Nope, not leaving it alone. Everyone needs to contribute or else our major athletic programs will become irrelevant and noncompetitve.
Good for you bro I think ita pathetic to be so emotionally involved and only care enough to give opinions. Would be great to have fans that give a shit more than to just give opinions bash coaches and players and give endless opinions out of boredom.

Reactions: eddynyse
Leave alone how college football recruiting works ? What’s the point in following the team year round if you want to ignore the number 1 way teams are acquiring players especially transfer portal players. It’s not going away this kid is not coming here now unless he wants to be real close to home. He will go where the money is. He will go where the fan bases give a shit other than to talk and complain about why we are not getting it done. NIL is fundamental going forward.
You’re missing my point: WE KNOW aka “ preaching to the choir.”

Do you have ANY idea of how ignorant this post is?
Ignorant how? We want to win we want Bowl games other than Pinstripe but we don’t want to help get us there. It’s pathetic and so many of our fake die hards are ok with doing absolutely nothing to help. We all went to Rutgers and are making tons of money yet we are ok with standing on the sidelines and complain.

Reactions: BornInNJ
Ignorant how? We want to win we want Bowl games other than Pinstripe but we don’t want to help get us there. It’s pathetic and so many of our fake die hards are ok with doing absolutely nothing to help. We all went to Rutgers and are making tons of money yet we are ok with standing on the sidelines and complain.
I am going to repeat myself. First - $11 a month is not going to break me- $11 an hour wouldn't either.

I am happy that so many of you are contributing. Thank you
But -
1 - I am not even a RU Alumni
2 - I grew up in upstate NY, not NJ. Moved here after the age of 40
3 - I had no idea what a Rutgers was
4 - Did my time
5 - Most of the people I know who had kids play on the team- no longer even follow the team unless they grew up a diehard fan
6 - I love to watch the Rutgers teams but I do not lose any sleep at all if we happen to lose a game
7 - I will support the team I watch in all the traditional ways
8 - I am so opposed to what NIL became- that it pisses me the F off
9 - NIL- If I had a local business, I would be the first to use my marketing budget for a Rutgers NIL
10- Fans were never supposed to be the ones footing the bill for NIL.

and because my sound board goes to 11- having someone tell me what to do with my money pisses me off. So- support your NIL- I even say, go out and try to get more people to support it as well. But to jump into every thread to do with recruiting and hit us again with your "a better fan than us" - It just isn't the way to go

Guys like nuts and Al and 1766 are big supporters of NIL and it never is in every thread out there. I can respect that but not the holier than though.

I am going to repeat myself. First - $11 a month is not going to break me- $11 an hour wouldn't either.

But -
4 - Did my time
5 - Most of the people I know who had kids play on the team- no longer even follow the team unless they grew up a diehard fan
6 - I love to watch the Rutgers teams but I do not lose any sleep at all if we happen to lose a game
9 - NIL- If I had a local business, I would be the first to use my marketing budget for a Rutgers NIL

and because my sound board goes to 11- having someone tell me what to do with my money pisses me off. So- support your NIL- I even say, go out and try to get more people to support it as well. But to jump into every thread to do with recruiting and hit us again with your "a better fan than us" - It just isn't the way to go

Guys like nuts and Al and 1766 are big supporters of NIL and it never is in every thread out there. I can respect that but not the holier than though.
Number 10. Everything has changed the way it is now is the way it is.

Number 10. Everything has changed the way it is now is the way it is.
mad respect that you gave my reply a like...And yes, completely understand that 10 changed and it is the main reason I just am not going to do it.

Also- my kid played his 30ish games beating the crap out of his body- I am not going to shell out cash to someone elses kid to play here. I would rather put the $132 a year into something for his daughter. So- there is my $11 NIL being paid out to a player- just happens to be to a player in the early 2000's

Reactions: redking

But -
4 - Did my time

This may be the definitive post on NIL and why others shouldn’t judge people about their involvement with it.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
This is the reason I’m not buying a quick turnaround because of NIL. I get that you can go from bad to ok. But if you want to challenge the blue bloods (B1G East), no chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT