ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers on BTN starting at 4 today (08/09)

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
Just so everybody knows, as of 4PM they go to all Rutgers football coverage through until tomorrow morning. They show training camp for an hour, then show a Rutgers In 60 game, then training camp, then another game, etc.

Great interviews.
Surprised that Joe H. made no mention of Moses Walker when talking about the LB’s.

Remember Moses name being mentioned by Jennings during his DiNardo interview. Thought Joe Harasymiak did a great and balanced interview on his D.

Reactions: newell138
The lack of interaction on this thread is a hurtful amount of evidence of how little enthusiasm there is for the football team this year. Feels a lot like the final ash days

The lack of interaction on this thread is a hurtful amount of evidence of how little enthusiasm there is for the football team this year. Feels a lot like the final ash days
I haven’t watched the show yet.

Did watch some of the Indiana repeat . I forgot we were actually losing that game into second half . We really stunk last year and had crappy Gleeson and then a high school OC.

Relax . Defense will be good

Funny thing about the Michigan game Rutgers O had the QB, the TE, the WRs, the FB and the OL. But that RB group is not as strong as most years

I disagree. The lack of mega hype this year is refreshing to me. Would cushion any early season disappointment. But it gives me hope that we get a bowl his year.

Enthusiasm by the fan base changes by the week. Actually, as a realist-, I think there should be more cautious optimism than the last few years. There is a lot more experience and potential contributors in the two deep roster than they have had in a number of years.

Funny thing about the Michigan game Rutgers O had the QB, the TE, the WRs, the FB and the OL. But that RB group is not as strong as most years
Yes, but Peoples and Goodwin were just good enough to eek out the win.
That Michigan game was fun to watch all over again. Nova played great

As to the training camp segment thought Joe H was very good. This D is going to be fun to watch. If we have any semblance of an offense it will make the D that much better
Joe H seems like he has the eye of the tiger and a guy you would run through a wall for.

Reactions: newell138
That Michigan game was fun to watch all over again. Nova played great

As to the training camp segment thought Joe H was very good. This D is going to be fun to watch. If we have any semblance of an offense it will make the D that much better

Like keeping TOP at 55-45:or narrower.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Just watched that. So many names that I forgot about. Lots of great players. Hard to believe that was nearly 10 years ago.
Incredible how fluidly that offense moved as well. The rhythm and decisiveness was nice too. The past few years of Rutgers offense has been as ugly as it gets... Hopefully we can finally turn things around again.

Incredible how fluidly that offense moved as well. The rhythm and decisiveness was nice too. The past few years of Rutgers offense has been as ugly as it gets... Hopefully we can finally turn things around again.

Nova is one of those guys that most people didn't appreciate while he was here. Yes, he had some pretty bad moments on the field over his 4 years but he did give it his all and he played a great game that day. I'm sure most of us would love to have him back here today.

Nova is one of those guys that most people didn't appreciate while he was here. Yes, he had some pretty bad moments on the field over his 4 years but he did give it his all and he played a great game that day. I'm sure most of us would love to have him back here today.
Similar things could be said about Laviano in 2015 . Yeah, a segment of the fans hated him, but watching the 2015 Indiana game, RU put up 55 points, and he was 28/42 for 366 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT. He had his share of stinker games too. But the offense moved the ball that year. In 2015, RU put up 55 points in that game and 41 in a loss to Maryland.

Ash's teams never put up 40 or more points against a Power 5 opponent, and the only time Rutgers has done that since 2015 is against Michigan in 2020. That is pathetic. Last year, the offense put up 22, 10, 10, 13, 24, 0, 17, 21, 10 and 0 against P5 opponents.

The thing is that was an average P5 offense which tells us just how abysmal we've been since then. I think our defense is actually much better than it was in 2014. If our offense gets back to being average we're an annual bowl team.

Reactions: AntiG
The thing is that was an average P5 offense which tells us just how abysmal we've been since then. I think our defense is actually much better than it was in 2014. If our offense gets back to being average we're an annual bowl team.
our offense has been basically non-functional the past few years since Ash year 2 basically after the Schiano/Flood recruits all graduated.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008

The problem is that the offense has been miles away from "average".

And if the "new" offensive strategy under OC KC is run the ball, control the clock, conservative, multiple TEs, low risk - low scoring: not hopeful we'll be close to average.

More so than Wimsatts development, the key is the offensive strategy to actually attempt to be average and to score points.

Reactions: Wolv RU
Probably has more to do with this board, which seems to be dying a slow death
I don't know if they are under the same gag rules that the Rivals reporters are, but I just don't think there was anything from the coverage that was new. Defense looks good, offense needs to get better, etc.

For us to be a bowl team once again we need to average 25-26 points per game.

While I agree - see the post above yours.
We didn't score 25pts one game.
To expect an average of 25pts over 11 games is likely a ship too far unfortunately.

Watching the 2015 Indiana game and seeing the potential of both Hicks and Martin, just how the hell did Ash screw that up?

Reactions: Wolv RU
More than happy to average 25-26 per game this season. Doubling our offensive production would be a great start to a respectable offense. 6 wins would be a definite possibility and in year 4 would bode well.

While I agree - see the post above yours.
We didn't score 25pts one game.
To expect an average of 25pts over 11 games is likely a ship too far unfortunately.
Perhaps it is but in order to get 6 wins this year we better be close to this number.

Watching the 2015 Indiana game and seeing the potential of both Hicks and Martin, just how the hell did Ash screw that up?
Didn’t flood use hicks on defense ?

I thought Rossi’s defenses stunk. But niemann and buh made him look like buddy Ryan !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT