ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Buffalo Round 1 Game Thread

Today is a great day for Rutgers in NCAA action ... wrestling team #6 right now in the team standings at the NCAA tournament. Could have guys compete for national titles in 2 of the 10 weight classes. Now get it done tonight ladies !!

Just setting my DVR to record the game, and realizing that it is listed as “whip around coverage” between four games. is there anywhere to see the game in its entirety?

WHOA NELLY !! FABULOUS FRIDAY Continues with an opening round game for the RU Women's Basketball team taking on the Buffalo Bulls of the MAC conference. Buffalo reached the round of 16 last year, and features a high scoring offense w a big shooter in Dillard who scores about 25 ppg !

However, Buffalo might not have seen a Defense like RU will throw at them, w relentless pressure for a full 40 minutes. This is a very interesting matchup. Winner will most likely be playing UCONN on Sunday.

For the full story, and links to follow the action if you don't have a tv available :

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...ournament-scarlet-knights-meet-the-media.aspx

Press Conference w Stasha Carey and Arell Guirantes :

I live in Highland Park! I thought that it might be because I get espn2 through YouTube TV, but I checked Optimum, and they also have it listed as whip around.
Am I mistaken? Should I be trying to go to a bar which has a different cable company?

Let's go ladies! It's time to focus and stuff the Bulls with the '55' D and get offense off of defense.

I could be wrong but I think you should get it. Halftime of S.Carolina game they said it would be RU game, not whip around. I know nothing about games thru You Tube though. Good luck. I would call your local drinking establishment to see if they will have it on before just going there. Good luck!!

I live in Highland Park! I thought that it might be because I get espn2 through YouTube TV, but I checked Optimum, and they also have it listed as whip around.
Am I mistaken? Should I be trying to go to a bar which has a different cable company?

You can never go wrong watching a game at a bar!! lol

I think 'whip around' means the area you live in will get the most geographically relevant game that's being played in that time slot.

"Whip-around Coverage: • For the first two rounds, multiple games (a maximum of four) will begin within one telecast window on. ESPN or ESPN2. • During those windows, the networks willwhip-around” to the best action from different games for."

PS- can't hurt to have your Watch ESPN app ready on your laptop

Thanks all! I think I just found the first draw back of switching from Optimum to You Tube (hundreds of dollars of saving though)!
Sounds like a bar might be the best plan. It was hard enough getting bars to put our games on during the heyday of ruwbb. Not sure where the best place to make that happen might be. I think I’m too old for Patti’s this time around (as evidenced by that fact that I still call it Patti’s)!

Thanks all! I think I just found the first draw back of switching from Optimum to You Tube (hundreds of dollars of saving though)!
Sounds like a bar might be the best plan. It was hard enough getting bars to put our games on during the heyday of ruwbb. Not sure where the best place to make that happen might be. I think I’m too old for Patti’s this time around (as evidenced by that fact that I still call it Patti’s)!

I was a regular at Patti's in the 70s, lol. Now called The Olive Branch and it hasn't changed much. The owner Greg, will have the game on with the sound loud enough to hear. The Pizza is still very good.
Stuff Yer Face is another option.
Watch out for parking tickets.

So excited! At the NCAA Wrestling Tourney in Pburgh. There is a break between Sessions I and II today so we get to “watch” WBB on TV instead of following score on Twitter. Couldn’t have worked out any better! Woooohoooo!

Let’s gooooooo!!! [banana]

Go RU!
Diane

So excited! At the NCAA Wrestling Tourney in Pburgh. There is a break between Sessions I and II today so we get to “watch” WBB on TV instead of following score on Twitter. Couldn’t have worked out any better! Woooohoooo!

Let’s gooooooo!!! [banana]

Go RU!
Diane

Are your legs numb from sitting in an Arena seat for so long for the 2nd straight day? lol. Do you get up and walk around just to prevent DVT? lol

Reactions: rondi
Today is a great day for Rutgers in NCAA action ... wrestling team #6 right now in the team standings at the NCAA tournament. Could have guys compete for national titles in 2 of the 10 weight classes. Now get it done tonight ladies !!

That’s awesome! I couldn’t watch Royal, so glad that they’re doing well.

You can never go wrong watching a game at a bar!! lol

I think 'whip around' means the area you live in will get the most geographically relevant game that's being played in that time slot.

"Whip-around Coverage: • For the first two rounds, multiple games (a maximum of four) will begin within one telecast window on. ESPN or ESPN2. • During those windows, the networks willwhip-around” to the best action from different games for."

PS- can't hurt to have your Watch ESPN app ready on your laptop

That’s right. If you’re not in the Buffalo or Rutgers geographic region (as determined by ESPN or the NCAA or somebody) you get the whip around coverage.

Nope Comcast same thing every year

Are we going to get the game?

It hasn't started on their App yet either, must be delayed for another game at the same site.

Starters:

D2SiHeuWoAEezhe.jpg

Harris commits a foul in the first 30 seconds of game and replaced by Wallace. . Rutgers leads 4-2.

Shorthanded RU trails 13-12 w about 4 min left in qtr 1.

Besides Jenkins and Cryor being dismissed, now the announcers said Sierra Calhoun 'left' the team and also Pelc just goes off with an ankle/foot injury.

Yikes.

Shorthanded RU trails 13-12 w about 4 min left in qtr 1.

Besides Jenkins and Cryor being dismissed, now the announcers said Sierra Calhoun 'left' the team and also Pelc just goes off with an ankle/foot injury.

Yikes.
I thought I was hearing things, WTF?????

Down to 2 guards, may have to use Wilson and Guirantes at guard.

Did Calhoun quit the team today ?

13-12 Buffalo .Diller with two 3 pointers for Buffalo and Carey missed layup for Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT