ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Illinois / Game Thread

dude we wish we had a Georgie...not sure why you are calling him an arrogant shit, if we were doing this at the RAC you would be cheering our player., The kid came up huge and is going to show it.

please stop
I asked this the other day and nobody responded. The dude played at Hillside St. Pats a year ago. Did we even look at him or offer?

UNDER RECRUITED CAUSE HE WAS PASS FIRST. oops, sorry for the caps. Freakin Brad found him.

Not a shame. Just a question. He's impressed me all season. I don't think I've seen him miss yet.

Looked like the " I'll show Rutgers" game lol .

Reactions: bac2therac
Seen Illinois play a few times this year and thought thier big was excellent for a freshman. Would not expect that dominance. Illini fans can say the same of Caleb. College basketball is great that way sometimes.
100% agree. Caleb put up 25 at 80% shooting.

why should we have won.....I think the team that made the more plays won today....what did we do to deserve over Illinois, so you cant say should have won, give alot of credit to them, they didnt fold in overtime down 4.
Because we shouldve doubled the post and not allowed georgi to shoot 90%+ in the 2nd half

They had 1 foul at about the 9 minute mark of the 2nd half.. then 7 min and 4 min.. nothing after that.. including OT.. which means over 9 minutes of no foul calls on Illinois at the end.

During that same time.. 9 calls on Rutgers (from 9min mark of 2nd half) and after teh 4 min mark in 2nd half.. 4 fouls on Rutgers.. while Illinois was apparently playing foul-free basketball.

Because we shouldve doubled the post and not allowed georgi to shoot 90%+ in the 2nd half
Such a strategy might have worked or resulted in passes to wide open players for 3 pointers.Even with the centers 35 points Rutgers gave up another 64 points to the rest of the Illinois squad.

They had 1 foul at about the 9 minute mark of the 2nd half.. then 7 min and 4 min.. nothing after that.. including OT.. which means over 9 minutes of no foul calls on Illinois at the end.

During that same time.. 9 calls on Rutgers (from 9min mark of 2nd half) and after teh 4 min mark in 2nd half.. 4 fouls on Rutgers.. while Illinois was apparently playing foul-free basketball.
Just like Wesson at tOSU wasn't fouling anybody...unf'nreal

Reactions: RC85
Such a strategy might have worked or resulted in passes to wide open players for 3 pointers.Even with the centers 35 points Rutgers gave up another 64 points to the rest of the Illinois squad.
Nah the whole key to double the post is to force the player to dribble out of it towards the corner, rather than make a cross court pass to a wide open dude on the opposite wing. It’s a very simple thing that we see done against us. Were long enough to do it with no problem. Pike needs to get his head out of his ass with his thought process on that one

ILL 19-26 FT (73.1%)
RU 13-21 FT (61.9%)

Damn
And three times we missed the front end of a 1-and-1, which cost us roughly another three points, thus effectively making it 13-25ish. I have hope for our team, but fewer turnovers and making more FTs are within our control and are what lead to the frustration. Our guys (and we) will be enjoying more wins and happy moments once our bball IQ increases, which it should due to experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT