ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Iowa on Jan. 5 - SOLD OUT

Just got email with my extra tickets. My granddaughter wanted to go so I got 5 extra for her, her friend and mom, and both my daughters.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
How many rooting for Iowa is the concern here?
I'm sure a lot will. Not really a concern, however, because a lot will be folks that are rooting for Clark more than the Iowa team. Meanwhile, they are out at a Rutgers game, hopefully having a good experience.

It was different with Connecticut. Those were fans that were never going to enter a Rutgers arena unless UConn was there. While there will undoubtedly be a few Iowa fans / alums, I suspect, as I said, that you are getting younger fans that see Clark on TV. And Iowa isn't a hated rival - in fact, my wife and I generally root for Iowa when it doesn't affect Rutgers.

Great stuff
Miss the days when the ladies were rolling
The Rac was rocking when we beat UConn for the BE regular season title in ~06
Hoping we can get reclaim those glory days under the new regime

I'm sure a lot will. Not really a concern, however, because a lot will be folks that are rooting for Clark more than the Iowa team. Meanwhile, they are out at a Rutgers game, hopefully having a good experience.

It was different with Connecticut. Those were fans that were never going to enter a Rutgers arena unless UConn was there. While there will undoubtedly be a few Iowa fans / alums, I suspect, as I said, that you are getting younger fans that see Clark on TV. And Iowa isn't a hated rival - in fact, my wife and I generally root for Iowa when it doesn't affect Rutgers.
The concern is when RU players see basically no one shows up to the majority of their home games and then a sellout and crowd will be cheering for CC & Iowa. It’s not a good look. Transfers will jump ship. It’s sad because the arena used to be more than half full and sellouts for a lot of big games during the 2005-2011 years

6000 teenage girls there to see Clark. We'll lose by 35.

*** most unfortunately in BOTH cases

My take
"6000 teenage girls there to see Clark"
More in attendance rooting for Iowa , than RU supporters
600 Iowa fans
1, 234 RU WBB fans
By the time game ends
1234 are still RU fans
600 are still Iowa fans , but 200 decide to see more RU games since they live in NJ
and 4,675, teenage girls decide they want to go to Rutgers after High School
2 of them are 5* players 6 are 4*

Rutgers does better than many think,.
They do lose, but the team gains respect after showing the way they hustle all through the game with a never give up attitude.

Announcers comment about how some RU Football / Men's Basketball fans mainly go on RU's WBB board to put down the program.
When good things happen , occasionally an atta boy for the ladies

Reactions: Esipos1
An RU FB and MBB season ticket holder who is going to this game +3 as my only womens game so far this year, there to see Caitlin but cheering for RU. Hopefully many cases like me

Reactions: MADHAT1
There will be a ton of Rutgers fans, but they will all be there to see Caitlin. You can't help but be in awe when she hits 3s from orbit. You just have to shrug your shoulders at how unstoppable she is. Are we allowed to play 6 on 5 so we can double team her all night?

Reactions: needmorecowbell
My take
"6000 teenage girls there to see Clark"
More in attendance rooting for Iowa , than RU supporters
600 Iowa fans
1, 234 RU WBB fans
By the time game ends
1234 are still RU fans
600 are still Iowa fans , but 200 decide to see more RU games since they live in NJ
and 4,675, teenage girls decide they want to go to Rutgers after High School
2 of them are 5* players 6 are 4*

Rutgers does better than many think,.
They do lose, but the team gains respect after showing the way they hustle all through the game with a never give up attitude.

Announcers comment about how some RU Football / Men's Basketball fans mainly go on RU's WBB board to put down the program.
When good things happen , occasionally an atta boy for the ladies
I think the negativity from football and men's Bball was directed at cost and Stringer's contract.
Plus she stayed too long.

Reactions: bac2therac
Why is it sold out?

1st-980x700.jpg

Reactions: RUJMM78
Anyone know if they're charging for parking for the Iowa game?

If so, a lot of people will be shocked by the $30 per vehicle fee (the cost for men's hoops and wrestling).
Per game / match??? Not that I have any idea what Arizona charges for men's BB parking, it probably isn't cheap.

For the women's side, it seems to be free for season ticket holders who give at a decent level (and your ticket price counts toward your giving level). We weren't happy with the free parking we had been assigned, but qualified (and switched) to a very under-utilized lot (very close, but "on the grass") that has a sign for $5 cash parking as well. I would assume the pay garage would therefore also be $5.

No idea who she is.
Can she dunk?
Obviously you're a Rutgers fan, not a women's basketball fan. She is a generational talent, as they say. And she is likeable, and so, all in all, is Iowa. So very popular among women's basketball fans.

Also (for whatever its worth) getting apparently millions in NIL - and if she doesn't take an extra year, the first pick in next year's WNBA draft (baring injury and maybe even then).

Reactions: malaka27
Obviously you're a Rutgers fan, not a women's basketball fan. She is a generational talent, as they say. And she is likeable, and so, all in all, is Iowa. So very popular among women's basketball fans.

Also (for whatever its worth) getting apparently millions in NIL - and if she doesn't take an extra year, the first pick in next year's WNBA draft (baring injury and maybe even then).
Yeah she’s in a couple of insurance commercials with Jake from State Farm which get played rather frequently

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
$85 get in
I don’t recall ever seeing women’s people be that high to get in the door
Great for the game and great for Rutgers

Ms. Clark is a phenomenal player, no doubt. But where were all these fans the last time she was here, though?

Attendance at the RAC was 1,852 on Feb. 24, 2022 when Iowa beat RU 87-78. She had 32 points 9 rebounds and 9 assists.

https://scarletknights.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2021-22/no-21-22-iowa/boxscore/12382
Clark's persona skyrocketed during last season's NCAA tournament. Her showdown with Angel Reese and LSU in the title game was one for the ages.

My nephew told me he would be at the game with his 12 year old daughter. His words were, “I’m bringing Sophia to see Caitlin Clark on January 5.“ no mention of RU or Iowa, just CAITLIN CLARK. She has a huge fan base!

Reactions: MADHAT1
I'm surprised that Iowa hasn't been able to recruit better talent around Caitlyn Clark. The rest of the Iowa squad is decent but not terrific.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT