ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Minnesota Game Thread 4PM 2/3/19

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Our Big 10 Conference Leading FIGHTN' STRINGERS take on the Minnesota Gophers in frigid St Paul/Minneapolis. Game will tip off at 4pm est, ending just in time for all the Super Bowl Parties.
I'm more interested in our Woman's team, but will be at the RU-Princeton wrestling match first at noon, hurry home for our Fightn' Stringers, then go down the street to the neighbor's Super Bowl Pary ! Too much info? Well, I digress.

On to our #17 Fightn' Stringers:
RU takes a 9-1 Big 10 Conference leading record to face the Gophers in Minnesota, who sport a 3-7 Big10 , 14-7 overall record. These road games are never easy. In it's previous game, RU came back from a big deficit and beat a tough Indiana team by using the vaunted 55 defense. Redshirt junior guard Ciani Cryor poured in a career-high 22 points. Redshirt senior forward Stasha Carey was just shy of a double-double with 13 points and nine points. Redshirt sophomore guard Arella Guirantes came off the bench to tack on 12 points in the win.

The game at Minnesota will be streamed on BTN+ and Flo Hoops,,as well as being carried on radio:
http://radio.rutgers.edu/.

Full story from Rutgers with links to notes , and other info:
https://scarletknights.com/news/201...-super-bowl-sunday-showdown-at-minnesota.aspx

Rutgers needs to control the game from the opening tip and not play down to mediocre competition.The substitution patterns need to have scorers on the court most of the game to minimize scoring droughts.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Rutgers needs to control the game from the opening tip and not play down to mediocre competition.The substitution patterns need to have scorers on the court most of the game to minimize scoring droughts.
Why are they not on TV BTN is showing Purdue’s 1999 women’s championship special! I just don’t understand how the first place team has barely been on this channel. Living in south jersey we get very little love for the girls on BTN.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
BTN+ 4PM @ Minnesota. Be interested to see how their 1st year coach Lindsay Whalen does against CVS.
Also want to see RU get an easy road win!

20 Minutes to Tip Off !!

Just got back from the RAC and saw a Super Exciting Match, highlighted by Anthony Ashnaults SUPER Performance against Princeton's #1 ranked MATT Kolodznik . Schnaulty will be ranked #1 now.

Up to The Fightn' Stringers now to keep this SUPER Day going !!!1

And did I hear that Greg Schiano will be the next Patriots Defensive Coordinator ? SUPER !!!

Why are they not on TV BTN is showing Purdue’s 1999 women’s championship special! I just don’t understand how the first place team has barely been on this channel. Living in south jersey we get very little love for the girls on BTN.
I'm guessing because they want us to buy BTN+.

This is why I don't pay extra for that amateur garbage. You won't see this on the men's side.

I love the look of that Minnesota gym and Floor. Minnesota now complaining about a call

Carey misses a layup and then comes down the other end and commits another foul.
Minnesota shooting bonus now

If Rutgers settles down they should win this game going away, so far playing sloppy.
Mac hits a basket, and is fouled. good news
RU 10Minn 8. Two minutes left. Rutgers with the steel

Sloppy so far from both sides. Tekia in(now be in control). And as I was typing Tekia with the basket and makes the ft. RU with 1st lead, 10-8

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT