ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Minnesota Game Thread 4PM 2/3/19

i just looked at the box score and saw that Jenkins, Calhoun and Wallace did not play at all. From what I read here, CC also didn't get many minutes. Did the announcers say anything about why or do we need to wait and see if anything is said at the post game press conference?
Calhoun did play. Jenkins and Wallace did not.

Don't know about others, but before this season started all I wanted for this team was for it to make the dance.
Then expectations became higher the way RU jumped to leading the B1G.
Now I'm back down to earth from having sky-high expectations and looking at RU WBB as a team that has to overcome some faults, but still one that shouldn't be given up on.
We can talk about losing a shot at the B1G Championship and tough games coming up,
but we have to remember not many would have thought this team would be in the position it was before this loss happened

RU is 17-5 overall with a 9-2 conference record
so even if not 18-4 (10-1) it's still not to shabby and a better conference record than a lot thought it would have at this part of the season, before the season started

Don't know about others, but before this season started all I wanted for this team was for it to make the dance.
Then expectations became higher the way RU jumped to leading the B1G.
Now I'm back down to earth from having sky-high expectations and looking at RU WBB as a team that has to overcome some faults, but still one that shouldn't be given up on.
We can talk about losing a shot at the B1G Championship and tough games coming up,
but we have to remember not many would have thought this team would be in the position it was before this loss happened

RU is 17-5 overall with a 9-2 conference record
so even if not 18-4 (10-1) it's still not to shabby and a better conference record than a lot thought it would have at this part of the season, before the season started

Forget a title. Maryland will kill us. Expect a downward spiral from here sadly. How do you go from down 5 with 4:51 left to lose by 14. Gut check time. We can’t think we can just roll the balls out and we will win.

Still with a good shot to finish top 4 in the conference and get a double bye in the B1G tournament. That’s the shortest way to the championship. And before we all bail out, let’s remember we are still tied for the lead in the conference with Maryland coming to the RAC.

Might be nice if everyone who can comes out to Sunday’s game and provide support. Even Maryland has lost 2 conference games. Both ours were on the road. They lost at home.

Reactions: TRU2RU
What was first half of indiana
poor play that was overcome the second half.
Today the second half sucked.
But I'm sure those looking for fault will be glad to let me know how they could see RU was headed downwards .
This program has had its ups and downs and there are some usually focused on seeing the downs and reporting what they see , while I tend to look on the bright side and look at games like this as a setback that can be overcome like the first half of the Indiana game was.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Forget a title. Maryland will kill us. Expect a downward spiral from here sadly. How do you go from down 5 with 4:51 left to lose by 14. Gut check time. We can’t think we can just roll the balls out and we will win.
I, for one, am not ready to give up on this team because of this loss. I am concerned that they played so badly in the first half of the Indiana game and now this poor performance, but they still have time to get it back together and finish strong. I just hope Arella is able to play and that Caitlin isn't injured. I'll be there on Sunday to cheer them on.

Too bad about Caitlin. We will miss her rebounding and defense. Not sure what happened, but I hope she gets reinstated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT