ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game Thread

What’s a great comeback…extremely bad loss when we had it.
Geo big net negative out there. Glad like sat CM the entire time..should have done same with Geo tonight.
While it was a good shot for RHJ, I HATED it. You have to take that to the basket and make it or get fouled or give up to PM who was in a zone.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
if Caleb doesn't want to show -up then just play Mag; if Geo doesn't want to show up play Miller. I'm running out of bench players to replace those that don't show up.

Told you guys. The so called leaders on this team are paper tigers. Jacob and Myles came up clutch much more than Geo and Harper. Get ready for last place next year. Pike will reap what he's sowed
Myles? Really....He sure came up huge on the layup in the loss to Houston....

Reactions: RUShea
Fun fact ...our great defense let up 79 pts to Northwestern.

Pike won't do it but this team needs an ass ripping... A good coach knows when stick or honey is needed. This team needs an epic ripping.
He won't . He says he loves this team after each game. He likes how they grind it out.

Tip of the cap to Paul, he was amazing. The moral for me is you cannot get down by 24 and expect to win. The coach needs to figure out the slow starts on offense and defense.

They had to. No choice but to come back and make up an " unfinished business" story and then give the same inconsistent effort and execution that cost us CV plenty last year.
I don’t have any issue with what they did here.

Reactions: shields
Then I guess you could ask for a better shot, since you did.

I had no problem with that shot. Pinning your hopes on getting a game-deciding whistle on the road is not a winning strategy IMO.
Not playing for the whistle but a closer shot and the chance of a foul.

I'm not going to rip Geo and Ron, but they just didn't show up tonight with the effort. Nada, nothing where just one hustle play could been the difference.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
There was nothing wrong with that shot. He just was short.

Best of Luck,
Groz
You know someone is going to bring it up eventually, so I'll ask...
Is Harper in basketball shape?

I don't look at this as a wasted effort by Paul; I look at this as this is now "my team" - (with Cliff) and I'm going to be the new leader. I hope.
Northwestern is the perfect matchup for him. He's not able to get into the paint against quicker guards.

Reactions: RUDead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT