ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game Thread

Its not that Ron took a bad shot. It's that Paul was having the game of his life and there was zero reason for Ron to not give Paul the ball after the rebound and let him make a play or take the shot

Geo Baker 38 minutes 0-7 0-4, 2 reb, 2ast 2TOs 1stl
Ron Harper 39 minutes 4-14 2-6 6-6 7reb 2ast 1 TO 1blk 2stl 16pts

I do not understand why Geo Baker played as many Minutes as he did, we win this game without Geo on the floor.
Geo didn’t make any friends among the RU fan base tonite. He was a total no show in a close game we needed to win.

I can live with Harpers effort tonite, but not Geo’s.

No, he should have drove it… sorry. When your shirt all game, you drive if.
I am certain he would have driven it if he thought the drive was there. Didn't look to me that it was. What my untrained eye saw was a charge waiting to happen.

We also had cliff right under the basket and Paul and Mag I believe crashing but he couldn't even hit the top of the rim so the rebound went way wide

Reactions: RUShea
because there was plenty of time to drive to the hoop, not sure the rest of the team knew he was shooting, also Paul was the hot hand at that point, Its not a bad shot for him, just he was having a real bad shooting night
It was a terrible shot in that situation. I don’t know if he was spooked from the charge the other night or what but to settle for a fadeaway there was just awful.

One play in 4 years = worst player ever!
Loved Miles. My favorite player last year. But if you're gonna highlight him as such a clutch player, you might want to consider the biggest clutch opportunity in the biggest game in 30 years. Sorry but you botch that and I don't think you can be called clutch.

the old Geo version would drive to the basket; he is satisfied with sitting outside the 3 point line -- and have no idea why he doesn't want to go inside when his shots aren't falling -- like tonight.
It’s bc him and RHJ have been settling to shoot outside. They don’t move without the ball much.

It was a terrible shot in that situation. I don’t know if he was spooked from the charge the other night or what but to settle for a fadeaway there was just awful.
It wasn't a terrible shot. It was an open mid range jumper. Too easy actually. Ron needs to make that.

He should have given it up to Paul after the rebound, but if he was going to take a shot.... he got a great look

Reactions: RUBlackout
It wasn't a terrible shot. It was an open mid range jumper. Too easy actually. Ron needs to make that.

He should have given it up to Paul after the rebound, but if he was going to take a shot.... he got a great look
We make about 20% of those. Outside of geo probably 15% at best.

Pike won't do it but this team needs an ass ripping... A good coach knows when stick or honey is needed. This team needs an epic ripping.
That's why he needs to be replaced... In addition to many more reasons, like the cupboard is extremely bare for next season and ex-point guard Brandon Knight is coaching Cliff in the overtime... No wonder why I can't get legit big men recently as he has four ex guards coaching this team.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
That's why he needs to be replaced... In addition to many more reasons, like the cupboard is extremely bare for next season and ex-point guard Brandon Knight is coaching Cliff in the overtime... No wonder why I can't get legit big men recently as he has four ex guards coaching this team.
Wow...Another positive post. You keep saying the same crap over and over and over again. Cliff, Mulcahy, Reiber, and Mag are showing the cupboard is not bare.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
if Caleb doesn't want to show -up then just play Mag; if Geo doesn't want to show up play Miller. I'm running out of bench players to replace those that don't show up.
Because of Pikes s***** recruiting, we have a very depleted bench

Reactions: RutgersNo1
Wow...Another positive post. You keep saying the same crap over and over and over again. Cliff, Mulcahy, Reiber, and Mag are showing the cupboard is not bare.
Reiber???? Sorry but you need more than three guys to play in this conference.. what a clown.. it's a very realistic post and cliff Paul and mag are going to take on the B1G.... sure....Do you wear a red clown nose for Rutgers games because you're a clown

Geo didn’t make any friends among the RU fan base tonite. He was a total no show in a close game we needed to win.

I can live with Harpers effort tonite, but not Geo’s.
But he'll be starting next game and the rest of the season...that's shitty coaching.

Blah...blah...blah....This year we have lost a lot of one score games.

Recruiting is so bad that we have actually had winning records a couple years in a row.

Bring back Jordan and that would be so much better.

Blah...blah...blah....This year we have lost a lot of one score games.

Recruiting is so bad that we have actually had winning records a couple years in a row.

Bring back Jordan and that would be so much better....
Why would you replace a shitty coach with an even shittier coach....so there are no better coaches out there than Pike....OMG... I'm laughing so hard my beer I must came out my nose.

Why would you replace a shitty coach with an even shittier coach....so there are no better coaches out there than Pike....OMG... I'm laughing so hard my beer came out of my nose.
So losing one score games is acceptable when you start 4 upperclassmen... Wow you've been a beaten down Rutgers fan for way too long pal.

Reactions: RutgersSam
Myles? Really....He sure came up huge on the layup in the loss to Houston....
I mean he and Jacob were the main reasons we even made it into the tourney down the stretch so calling him out on one shot is highly disingenuous. He and JY were defensive stalwarts all year. This year Ron and Geo can't even defend last place teams well.

So losing one score games is acceptable when you start 4 upperclassmen... Wow you've been a beaten down Rutgers fan for way too long pal.
Exactly. Rutgers has such amateur fans. They assess performance more on what happened a year, 2 years ago than how the coach is setting us up for the near future. It's not pretty.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Why would you replace a shitty coach with an even shittier coach....so there are no better coaches out there than Pike....OMG... I'm laughing so hard my beer I must came out my nose.
It is sarcasm to show you how bad things have been for a very long time and you seem to dislike current success. Not sure how one down season is cause your your over reaction.

Grass is not always greener.....

It is sarcasm to show you how bad things have been for a very long time and you seem to dislike current success. Not sure how one down season is cause your your over reaction.

It’s not just one season. Pike is a shitty recruiter and this team has no future under Pike.

Not ready to call it a down year yet, but this team is enigma. We’ve seen lights out play from Ron, Geo, Cliff and now Paul - and we’ve seen abysmal play from each. We’ve seen these guys lose to horrible teams and then knock off some of the best in convincing fashion. I don’t know what to make of them.

Not ready to call it a down year yet, but this team is enigma. We’ve seen lights out play from Ron, Geo, Cliff and now Paul - and we’ve seen abysmal play from each. We’ve seen these guys lose to horrible teams and then knock off some of the best in convincing fashion. I don’t know what to make of them.
I am not calling it over either but I am just tired of arguing with the negatoids.

I am not calling it over either but I am just tired of arguing with the negatoids.

I try not to let my hobbies make me miserable. Was thinking after the game… being disappointed in a loss because you expect to win is still better than just expecting a loss every time your team takes the court… like with every Rutgers team since I’ve had hair on my balls…except for the last 3 squads.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT