ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Washington GAME THREAD

Alright.. many of us here think Ash should play another QB.. more than one maybe. But perhaps Ash needs time between games to reflect and analyze. Maybe he cannot pull the trigger during a game in hopes that Laviano might show us something.

We'll know if he is as stubborn as Flood in the coming weeks.

Nice FG

238.gif

First game as a head coach, taking over a dumpster fire, traveling cross country, playing a top 15 team. I won't be taking too much away from this game so far as indicators of the rest of the season. Unfortunately I expected this would be ugly and I wasn't wrong.

What I do find troublesome though is the kick/punt coverage.

Head coach Chris Ash didn't think he should start...
probably rewarding guys for what they did since hire and not last year. as he gets his game tape, changes will b made. Change of culture, New offense, new defense, new special teams, same level of talent. similar results until our guys learn Offense completely, etc. thus is a rebuild process that will take time. wants different types of players from size/strength. need patience, which is not a strong suit for mist of us fans

Reactions: ntlrock1
They went fit the field goal because Laviano looked horrible on that series. His run sucked. His pass sucked.

What would one more attempt do? Nothing. Just cost us three points.

Why do we look like we are not ready to play this game?
It just goes to show that you can take a coach from the best program is not going to do much if he does not have the talent. Not sure if Saban or Meyer would do any better with this team.
Flood is vindicated.

You have to be joking. Fliod is the opposite of vindicated. Everybody who said Flood would destroy the program with his recruits were vindicated.

The cupboard isn't just bare. There is no cupboard.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
They went fit the field goal because Laviano looked horrible on that series. His run sucked. His pass sucked.

What would one more attempt do? Nothing. Just cost us three points.
If Ash is not going to get a look at a backup QB during a real game.. why not see if the FG kicker and team has its act together?

you're not disappointed we've allowed two returns for touchdowns in the same game? i don't even know when the last time a rutgers team allowed that
Okruch should focus on tackling and assignments instead of that stupid arm swinging thing. Maybe we should drop football for synchronized swimming.

Okay good. This is what a typical RU drive should look. I see the vision, but now we need to execute.

Current QB is not the answer. Unfortunately it doesn't appear we have any better. At least not anyone who has been on campus for more than 6 months.
Correct, O line has their hands full (3 Washington DL weight add up t 1,000), laviano is not a threat to run, a big part of our offense, Washington does not even pay attention to him. Outside of Grant, and the TE, are receivers getting open?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT