ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Washington GAME THREAD

Why do we look like we are not ready to play this game?
It just goes to show that you can take a coach from the best program is not going to do much if he does not have the talent. Not sure if Saban or Meyer would do any better with this team.
Flood is vindicated.

Flood is vindicated? They are the players Flood picked.

I really thought that it was time to take out Laviano and give someone else a chance but not for 1 or 2 series handing the ball off at the end of the 4th quarter. They need to give another QB a good quarter. It's garbage time but at least it's a full quarter. But what do I know?

Reactions: MikeR0102
this is NOT talent, the talent gap is not what we are seeing here. All of you guys decrying talent as the reason need to get a clue (respectfully), learn the game (respectfully) and be more objective

Ash and staff had this team totally unprepared and in part, that is due to the new schemes etc we employ but holy hell, this is pretty bad
The nation's worst D vs one of the best, but it is not the talent difference, c'mon

Grant is our best player at every position. he even plays D and tackled the guy

Completely agree. Grant plays QB, WR, special teams and hustled to save a TD on that interception.

Hicks plays RB, and then some safety last year.

These Florida dudes have something extra. Thankfully Schiano established a pipeline. Ash needs to keep it open.

Last edited:
Who here REALLY expected Ash to bail on Laviano after a bad half? Bad 3Qtrs? What would you think about his judgement to begin with?

Remember: he pulls Laviano it's pretty much permanent. There's no going back. Think about it in political terms: How bad must Hilary be of she's not crushing somebody like Trump?

You know I think Laviano has that little pass behind the line of scrimmage thing down pat by now. Perhaps we should see something else...

Good news is that this game will get us ready when we play the BIG teams. So we have time to get things straightened out. Think "Jersey Strong."

Laviano literally can't make any type of throw that's not an easy pitch and catch over the middle. Holy f*ck

Who here REALLY expected Ash to bail on Laviano after a bad half? Bad 3Qtrs? What would you think about his judgement to begin with?

Remember: he pulls Laviano it's pretty much permanent. There's no going back. Think about it in political terms: How bad must Hilary be of she's not crushing somebody like Trump?

Disagree. That's old school thinking. Just about every major program plays more than one QB. Could've easily sat CL and bring him back next week

OMG

Just saw Ash looking a lot like this:
19181937-mmmain.jpg

Not sure I agree with you guys asking to see a new guy at QB. If the coaches still think Laviano is their guy, he needs the snaps to familiarize himself with the new offense. They should only make the change if they've decided that Laviano is not the answer going forward.

Laviano will have plenty of chances to get acquainted with the new offense with the next two easy (I hope) games. The chance to see another QB play against a real team, albeit against their 4th string players and water boys, will not come back for weeks.

That 3rd down pass to the turf at the goal-line says it all.. wise to not try to connect there to a well covered guy.. but what about going to another receiver or running it in?

Reactions: brgRC90
Coach and I are on opposite ends: I would have gone for the earlier Field Goal on 4th and 12, but at the 5, I'd have gone.

Reactions: ru75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT