ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Wisconsin - Noon On Peacock

This 100% - switching the app is really annoying. I agree it’s not the money. We usually let the kids put something else on during half time and keep flipping back until the game is on. That would be a real pain with peacock.
As soon as the 2nd qtr ends, put 20 minutes on the timer. You're welcome.

There are some Premier Lesgue games on this morning.

Someone should put them on mid game and see if you can start from beginning or only join live.
I'll try but will be out at kids sports most morning.

There are some Premier Lesgue games on this morning.

Someone should put them on mid game and see if you can start from beginning or only join live.
I'll try but will be out at kids sports most morning.
EPL isn’t on yet but some Alfred Dunhill golf tourney was live. I was able to rewind that to the beginning.

As stated before, the 7 day free trial is no longer available.
Correct. Millions of Comcast customers also lost free access to Peacock back in June.

I'm not watching this game even though it will kill me as a Rutgers fan to miss it. But I'm not encouraging more of these "streaming only" games by signing up and boosting their subscription and game watch numbers.

Correct. Millions of Comcast customers also lost free access to Peacock back in June.

I'm not watching this game even though it will kill me as a Rutgers fan to miss it. But I'm not encouraging more of these "streaming only" games by signing up and boosting their subscription and game watch numbers.
And your name is "DontGetAngry". Well you sound pretty angry to me 😂

Reactions: ivan brunetti

The irony is that if the Big Ten "didn't want to encourage streaming" we would have had a smaller media package, less money for Rutgers and people would have complained.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Have they shown any of the Peacock streaming games as B1G in 60 on Sundays on BTN? Essentially. Will this game be re-shown tomorrow or through the week on BTN? Has that been done yet for any games that were shown live on Peacock?

Anyone know if you jump into the middle of a live game on Peacock and play from start?

Anyone know if you jump into the middle of a live game on Peacock and play from start?
I don't think you can begin at the start of a live game. You can rewind back to the beginning though, so if you don't want it spoiled close your eyes and rewind lol or have someone else rewind it for you.

I took a look at Golf Tourney on and a EPL match just now and neither had an option to start at the beginning only the ability to rewind.

Reactions: iReC89
The irony is that if the Big Ten "didn't want to encourage streaming" we would have had a smaller media package, less money for Rutgers and people would have complained.
Most people have quickly forgot the Big East days of no coverage at all or having to use ESPN+ and watching on your computer!

I'm not angry but certainly annoyed that a Rutgers Big Ten conference football game isn't on TV in the year 2023.
This is utter nonsense. The Big Ten and its schools would be completely fine without a few extra million streaming dollars from Peacock. The smarter move would be to still show the games on TV but heavily promote that you can stream the games as well on Peacock or whatever service they want to put them on. These "streaming exclusive" games must stop in all sports.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
the most annoying part about having to sign up for another services is finding out I’m already signed up because I forgot to cancel
last time I used it. At least it’s not costing me more.
I'm guessing it's a credit card charge. Something I do for my CCs for theft purposes but I suppose is helpful for this too is I get an alert on my phone for any charge. If it's something I just bought I ignore it but if it's not I see the charge right away quickly and can dispute and report it. In this case, a monthly rebill would show up and would remind you you're still subscribed to some service you don't want anymore and you can cancel it.

Also for most things you can cancel a service way in advance but you're subscription is still good until expiration. I've cancelled stuff with months left and my memberships still were good until expiration.

I'm not angry but certainly annoyed that a Rutgers Big Ten conference football game isn't on TV in the year 2023.

This is utter nonsense. The Big Ten and its schools would be completely fine without a few extra million streaming dollars from Peacock. The smarter move would be to still show the games on TV but heavily promote that you can stream the games as well on Peacock or whatever service they want to put them on. These "streaming exclusive" games must stop in all sports.
It is on TV. Peacock.

• Haha
Reactions: DontGetAngry

Well it seems the Big Ten leadership and negotiators would disagree with you.

Since they agreed to the contract that gives them money with streaming only games included.

This is more about the contract with NBC. Obviously, it's in the business interests (i.e., the smarter move) of NBC to increase subscriptions in its streaming service, just as CBS does with Paramount +, and ABC with the Disney-related streaming platforms. Welcome to 2023. At some point, you'd have to think that the streaming services will consolidate, but we're not there yet.

In the Spirit of the missing HeavenU. If you sign up and have a Capitol One or Rakuten extension/account they will give you $2.50 back right away lol.
I signed up today for the month for $5.99 and got the $2.50 credited back in an hour.
If I pay using Capitol One CC they will credit back $2.50? I want to watch this game from home because I think Rutgers might pull off an upset.

If I pay using Capitol One CC they will credit back $2.50? I want to watch this game from home because I think Rutgers might pull off an upset.
Credit cards sometimes have offers for retail, restaurants, etc..and streaming services. In my experience, you have to add the offer to your card.

Years ago I signed up for a HBO Max annual subscription with an AMEX and they credited back a portion of it. I had to add the offer to my card though, there's a section for available offers in the app or on their website

Reactions: Extra Point
Is it the $5 or you don't have a smart TV?

So happy we have so many resident experts here on TV and streaming matters: I'm going to send a link to this thread to the Big 10 offices so they can be used as a resource going forward.

Is it the $5 or you don't have a smart TV?

If you have Xfinity, you don't even need a smart TV.

Likely the same for other cable services.
Just say "Peacock" into cable remote and it'll take you to the app.
Same with Netflix or Disney+

Did anyone get the Iowa game when they selected Rutgers?

No? Guess that's only on marvelous cable broadcasts.

No..it's the online extension anyone can use like Rakuten .. just have to sign up online.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT