ADVERTISEMENT

Teams Opting Out of NIT to Focus on Portal

The transfer portal window is only to ENTER the portal. There is no deadline on when a guy can sign. If a player wants to enter the portal on March 18 and go on vacation for three months before coming back to look at schools in June he can do that.
Ah

Personally I think the NIT should be eliminated. It had its day when the tournament was 32-40 teams but at 68 and probably expanding its worth is obsolete

I'm sure if the NIT had a monetary payout for the winning players and coaches, they would agree to play..........

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Reactions: Jerseylegends
It’s not clear to me why teams can’t play in the NIT AND recruit from the portal at the same time. Is this “portal” actually a physical Harry Potter-type place that they need to be. Sounds lazy to me.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
It’s not clear to me why teams can’t play in the NIT AND recruit from the portal at the same time. Is this “portal” actually a physical Harry Potter-type place that they need to be. Sounds lazy to me.
They can. It's just a convenient excuse for people like Pitino who feel it's beneath them. Or they have the kind of players who don't care.

I think it speaks to having a decent culture if you do accept it to be honest. For whatever that's worth.

They can. It's just a convenient excuse for people like Pitino who feel it's beneath them. Or they have the kind of players who don't care.

I think it speaks to having a decent culture if you do accept it to be honest. For whatever that's worth.
In his case, it’s also probably because the entire roster will be turned over. He probably has zero interest in his current players now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT