ADVERTISEMENT

The insight bowl tailgate was the greatest ever

Insight Bowl trip was a blast. Enjoyed the stay in AZ doing the tourist thing, the tailgate and the game. Best home tailgate for me will always be WV in the Blizzard. Never have so few drank so much for so many.

Here's a photo of Nuts with Marley. I'm at the top in the middle.

47b7dc05b3127cce985488a0d41500000017108AcNWzZi4Yua
@AreYouNUTS

this might be what you are looking for but I don't know how to make it come thru.

• Love
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
The Chapparelle Suites story:'

My buddy Murph (Kinnelon/Lawrence) went to ASU....until he got kicked out....his roommate's family owned the hotel (roommate got kicked out as well....shocker!). As soon as the game was announced Murph let me know. We got the same rate per suite, per night, that they gave ND fans (they were playing OSU in The Fiesta Bowl 5(?) days later). I helped book EVERY suite in the places, for some 300 total "room nights," in about 3 days. The debauchery that ensued, over those 3-4 days, I don't think will ever be reached again. Oh yeah...the 4(?) members of the dance team stayed there as well....oh to be young(er) again!

Anyway....I can't even imagine what was left behind for the cleaning staff to find, lol!!! :WooHoo:

*** this was also the beginning of the "AreYouNUTS" Bowl Party Story!!!

I think I got 10-hours of sleep the 1st 3 nights I was there. Night 4, my dad took me and my buddy Murph out to dinner at a Greek place and I could barely keep my head up off of the table lol! I couldn't even drink at that point (and he got 2 bottles of REALLY good wine...)!!

Mike - can you please forward me this picture. I somehow have lost it again (and it's not showing up here) lol!! Thx!
No luck, Nuts. 👎 I had the photo in an old Photobucket account. When they started charging to host photos, my account was deactivated. I have a hardcopy photo somewhere, but don't know where it is.

Here's the only digital photo I have from Jackson's on Third that day. I found it an old email message.

Me and Marley!

415257884_10228301592858040_764847211879774599_n.jpg

Well figure it out A.S.A.P. @RU848789 you lazy son of a gun!!!!! :)
Just saw this thread again and fortunately, I've gotten much better at figuring out hosting of graphics and pics, so while it's not quite ASAP, here's Marley and here's a pic of @LeapinLou (and a strategic shot of one of the thong girls in the background), which I took not long before they did Born To Run and she handed us the mic for a verse. What a freakin' fun day and trip.

Wish I could find the video that the Ledger (Kevin Manahan) did from Greasy Tony's the day before the bowl game that featured my best friend and I (the article quoted us, but the video was better). Turns out he's the Sports Director at NJ.com, so I just sent him a note asking if he might be able to help.

UG5BH1R.jpg

YISCziL.jpg

I got into an elevator at one of the bars, and there were three college kids wearing "I am RutgersAl" TShirts. Didn't say a word, but got a kick out of it.
When they showed up at my party Friday night everyone instantly loved it!!!

No luck, Nuts. 👎 I had the photo in an old Photobucket account. When they started charging to host photos, my account was deactivated. I have a hardcopy photo somewhere, but don't know where it is.

Here's the only digital photo I have from Jackson's on Third that day. I found it an old email message.

Me and Marley!

415257884_10228301592858040_764847211879774599_n.jpg
Dammit!

The only RU bowl I've been able to attend. Great time. Other than some drunk ass b#@$%^^h being picked up and swung around by her boyfriend after an RU touchdown and kicking me in the face.

Almost didn’t make it. Flew out the night before on JetBlue. Plane took off and 15 minutes into the flight the pilot said we need to turn around due to “minor” issues. As we were landing, fire trucks and emergency vehicles were lined up next to the runway. We all got back on the same plane 2 hrs later.

2006 Louisville wasn’t bad. The weather was unseasonably warm that day. Short sleeves. Saw some long haired slacker triple kissing two sorority girls at the same time on top of an RV in the blue lot Guy had to be like 30. What a player. Double kissing two undergrads like that. Unbelievable.
Anyone know the guy and if he posts here? Would love to buy that guy a beer.

@RU Cheese
King of Sandy Hook?

Just saw this thread again and fortunately, I've gotten much better at figuring out hosting of graphics and pics, so while it's not quite ASAP, here's Marley and here's a pic of @LeapinLou (and a strategic shot of one of the thong girls in the background), which I took not long before they did Born To Run and she handed us the mic for a verse. What a freakin' fun day and trip.

Wish I could find the video that the Ledger (Kevin Manahan) did from Greasy Tony's the day before the bowl game that featured my best friend and I (the article quoted us, but the video was better). Turns out he's the Sports Director at NJ.com, so I just sent him a note asking if he might be able to help.

UG5BH1R.jpg

YISCziL.jpg
It's funny #s because that post from me from 2019... I def. did NOT post that. I don't think I've ever said "Son of a gun" in my life, lol. Years ago I gave my PW to an old boss of mine and even though he eventually got his own username he must've still been posting under DirtyRU as recent as 2019. Crazy! I saw that when this thread got revived and I was just like umm yeah, I did not write that, ha. Either way, great pics!

Reactions: RU848789
It's funny #s because that post from me from 2019... I def. did NOT post that. I don't think I've ever said "Son of a gun" in my life, lol. Years ago I gave my PW to an old boss of mine and even though he eventually got his own username he must've still been posting under DirtyRU as recent as 2019. Crazy! I saw that when this thread got revived and I was just like umm yeah, I did not write that, ha. Either way, great pics!
That's definitely funny/strange - you should check to see what other odd or crazy things your old boss might have said (and change your password).

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyRU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT